About the Bose® FreeSpace® FS2C
Hideaway flush-mount Bose® speakers for your business
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Hideaway flush-mount Bose® speakers for your business
The Bose® FreeSpace® FS2C speakers are compact and versatile, for use in varying commercial spaces. These full-range in-ceiling speakers have a convenient thumb wheel transformer tap that lets you configure your system with several speakers powered by a single amplifier. They can be installed with the help of an adjustable Bose tile bridge.
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with appropriate background music and clearly audible announcements.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- indoor-only 2-1/4" full-range driver for background music and customer paging
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® speakers
- convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- 70-volt taps at 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 watts
- 100-volt taps at 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts
- 16-ohm bypass
- 145° conical sound dispersion
- frequency response: 95-16,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended high-pass protection: 85 Hz with minimum 24 dB/octave filter
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- perforated steel grille with rotatable, removable logo
- built-in steel backcan
Dimensions and warranty:
- overall dimensions: 7-1/4"W x 5-1/4"D
- backcan dimensions: 5" diameter x 4-15/16" depth
- cutout diameter: 6-5/16"
- weight: 3.6 lbs. (each speaker)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841154-0410
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling 70/100V speakers (white)
- 2 Grilles
- Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors
- Cutout template
- Installation guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- EN 54-24 Specifications link
Bose® FreeSpace® FS2C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® FS2C
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||95Hz-16kHz|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace FS2C is a high-performance 70/100 volt, in-ceiling loudspeaker designed for foreground music and speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications. The FS2C speaker is an ideal choice for restaurants and bars, transportation facilities, houses of worship, retail applications, and more. Made from durable polypropylene with a powder-coated aluminum grille, the FS2C features a 2.25" full-range driver mounted in a ported enclosure that can deliver high output with a 145° nominal coverage pattern and a frequency response of 95Hz - 16kHz.
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace FS product line allows Bose FreeSpace loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Environmental: The Bose FS2C speakers are designed for indoor use only, and can be installed in air plenum locations.
70/100 Volt: The FS2C is rated for 16 watts RMS (64 watts peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems. A tap bypass allows the speaker to operate in 16Ω, while a front dial allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the front-panel tap dial is done by removing the grille. Tap settings include:
- 70 V: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, and 16W
- 100 V: 2W, 4W, 8W, and 16W
- Bypass: 16Ω
Connections: A front-panel 6-pin Euroblock connector with set-screw terminals is provided for speaker wire connections, accommodating wire from 18 - 14 AWG. This configuration allows the wiring connector to be accessed without having to remove the speaker from the ceiling. Two wiring knockouts - one vertical and one horizontal, allow the wiring to pass to the front panel, and can be used with an optional conduit clamp (not included). The 6-pin connector includes 3 pins for the Input wiring of the plug, and 3 pins for the Output, letting you "daisy-chain" multiple speakers together.
Mounting: The FS2C speakers feature 2 integrated mounting arms that swing outward when tightened from the front of the speaker, supporting the speaker against the back of the mounting surface. A cable tab on the back of the speaker is provided for installing an optional safety cable assembly (sold separately).
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 95Hz - 16kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 83Hz - 19kHz
- Power Handling: 16W RMS/ 64W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 145° (1-10kHz)
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 16Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- 100 V: 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- Driver: (1) 2.25" Full-range
- Diameter: 7.18"
- Mounting Height: 0.28"
- Mounting Depth: 4.95"
- Total Depth w/Grille: 5.23"
- Cutout Diameter: 6.40"
- Weight: 3.6 lbs. (each)
The Bose® FreeSpace® FS2C replaces these items