About the Bose® FreeSpace® FS2P
Pendant-mount Bose® speakers for your business
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Pendant-mount Bose® speakers for your business
Bose® FreeSpace® FS2P speakers hang from the ceiling to provide solid full-range sound for your commercial space. They feature a convenient thumb wheel transformer tap that lets you configure your system with several speakers powered by a single amplifier. A rugged 15-foot suspension cable is included to ensure safe, secure mounting.
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with appropriate background music and clearly audible announcements.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- indoor-only 2-1/4" full-range driver for background music and customer paging
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® speakers
- convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- 70-volt taps at 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 watts
- 100-volt taps at 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts
- 16-ohm bypass
- 140° conical sound dispersion
- frequency response: 95-16,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended high-pass protection: 85 Hz with minimum 24 dB/octave filter
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- 15-foot suspension cable included
- perforated steel grille with removable logo
Dimensions and warranty:
- 5-15/16" diameter x 7-1/4" height (8-1/2" height with suspension cable attachment point)
- weight: 3.25 lbs. (each speaker)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841153-0310
What's in the box:
- Two 70/100V pendant speakers (black)
- 2 Grilles
- Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors
- 2 Terminal covers
- 2 Angle-brackets
- Eight 4" wire ties
- Four 1/2" screws
- Two 15' suspension cables (attached snap-hook on one end)
- 2 Gripple connectors
- 2 Release keys
- Installation instructions (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- 2 Gripple Hanging Instructions (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- EN 54-24 Specification link
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® FS2P
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||95-16k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace FS2P is a high-performance 70/100 volt, pendant-mount loudspeaker for indoor use. Designed for foreground music and speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications, the FS2P speaker is an ideal choice for open-ceiling applications in restaurants and bars, transportation facilities, houses of worship, retail applications, and more. Made from durable polypropylene with a powder-coated steel grille, the FS2P features a 2.25" full-range driver mounted in a ported enclosure that can deliver high output with a 140° horizontal coverage pattern and a frequency response of 95Hz - 16kHz.
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace FS product line allows Bose FreeSpace loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Public Safety: The Bose FS2P speakers are EN54-24 rated for voice alarm use in fire detection & alarm systems for buildings. They are also UL1480 UUMW listed for use in fire alarm and signaling systems.
70/100 Volt: The FS2P is rated for 16 watts RMS (64 watts peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes a 16Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change front dial allows tap settings to be made by simply removing the grille, even while suspended. Tap settings include:
- 70 V: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, and 16W
- 100 V: 2W, 4W, 8W, and 16W
- Bypass: 16Ω
Connections: A rear-panel 6-pin Euroblock connector with set-screw terminals is provided for speaker wire connections, and can accommodate wire from 18 - 14 AWG. A screw-down rubber cover is provided to protect the terminals from particle ingress.
Pendant Mounting: The FS2P speakers each include a 15' suspension cable with adjustable Gripple connectors, for suspending from an open ceiling. Both speakers feature built-in cable attachment points on the top panel, and include attachable angle-brackets for use with an optional safety wire or cable (sold separately).
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 95Hz - 16kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 83Hz - 19kHz
- Power Handling: 16W RMS/ 64W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 140° Horizontal
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 16Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- 100 V: 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- Drivers: (1) 2.25" Full-range
- Safety Certifications: EN54-24: 2008 for voice alarm systems, UL1480 UUMW, CAN/ULC-S541 UUMW7 for use in fire alarm and signaling systems. NFPA 70, NFPA 72, CSA C221 Section 32 for installation.
- Dimensions: Diameter = 5.82", Length = 8.62"
- Weight: 3.25 lbs. (each)