About the Bose® FreeSpace® FS2SE
Weather-resistant surface mount Bose® speakers
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Weather-resistant surface mount Bose® speakers
Bose® FreeSpace® FS2SE speakers are versatile and weather-resistant for use in indoor or outdoor commercial spaces. These compact, full-range speakers have a convenient thumb wheel transformer tap that lets you configure your system with several speakers powered by a single amplifier. Included U-brackets offer seven preset mounting angles: 0°, ±15°, ±30°, or ±45°.
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with appropriate background music and clearly audible announcements.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- rugged surface-mount design withstands installation in wet outdoor environments
- 2-1/4" full-range driver for background music and customer paging
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® DS components
- convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- 70-volt taps at 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 watts
- 100-volt taps at 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts
- 16-ohm bypass
- 145° horizontal by 140° vertical sound dispersion
- frequency response: 95-16,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended high-pass protection: 85 Hz with minimum 24 dB/octave filter
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- U-brackets included for convenient on-wall installation
- preset mounting angles: 0°, ±15°, ±30°, or ±45°
- perforated steel grille with rotatable, removable logo
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-7/16"W x 7-3/4"H x 5-5/16"D (with bracket)
- weight: 3.15 lbs. (single speaker, with bracket)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841151-0310
What's in the box:
- 2 Surface-mount 70/100V speakers (black)
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Weather-proof terminal covers
- Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors
- Four 3/8" screws
- Four 1/2" screws
- 2 Spare Bose logos
- Installation instructions (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- EN 54-24 Specification link
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® FS2SE
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||95-16k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace FS2SE is a high-performance 70/100 volt loudspeaker that can be wall mounted indoors or outdoors. Designed for foreground music and speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications, the FS2SE speaker is an ideal choice for restaurants and bars, transportation facilities, houses of worship, retail applications, and more. Made from durable polypropylene with a powder-coated steel grille, the FS2SE features a 2.25" full-range driver mounted in a ported enclosure that can deliver high output with a 145° horizontal x 140° vertical coverage pattern and a frequency response of 95Hz - 16kHz.
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace FS product line allows Bose FreeSpace loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Outdoor Use: The Bose FS2SE speakers are rated for direct-exposure outdoor installations and carry an IP55 weather-proof rating. The speakers feature UV-resistant ABS enclosures with perforated powder-coated grilles, along with a rubber terminal cover for outdoor weather protection.
70/100 Volt: The FS2SE is rated for 16 watts RMS (64 watts peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes a 16Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change front dial allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the front-panel tap dial is done by removing the grille. Tap settings include:
- 70 V: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, and 16W
- 100 V: 2W, 4W, 8W, and 16W
- Bypass: 16Ω
Connections: A rear-panel 6-pin Euroblock connector with set-screw terminals is provided for speaker wire connections, and can accommodate wire from 18 - 14 AWG. A screw-down rubber cover is provided to protect the terminals from particle and water ingress.
Mounting: The FS2SE speakers include U-brackets and screws for wall-mounting. Seven incremental notches at each end of each speaker allows the bracket to be tightened at specific angles, with 0˚ being in the center. Angles of 15˚, 30˚, and 45˚ are provided for both upwards- and downwards-facing directions. Two rear-panel M8 threaded holes are provided for optional ceiling-mount or pan-and-tilt brackets (both sold separately).
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 95Hz - 16kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 83Hz - 19kHz
- Power Handling: 16W RMS/ 64W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 145° H x 140° V
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 16Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- 100 V: 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W
- Drivers: (1) 2.25" Full-range
- Environmental: Outdoors per EN60529/IP55
- Dimensions: Width = 7.15", Height = 4.44", Depth = 4.51"
- Weight: 3.15 lbs. (each)
The Bose® FreeSpace® FS2SE replaces these items