About the Bose® FreeSpace® FS4SE
Indoor/outdoor Bose® speakers for your business
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Indoor/outdoor Bose® speakers for your business
Bose® FreeSpace® FS4SE speakers feature a full-range 4-1/2" driver and an innovative thumb wheel transformer tap that lets you configure your system with several speakers powered by a single amplifier. Included U-brackets offer seven preset mounting angles: 0°, ±15°, ±30°, or ±45°.
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with music and clear, audible announcements.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- rugged surface-mount design withstands installation in wet outdoor environments
- 4-1/2" full-range driver for background/foreground music and customer paging
- voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® speakers
- multi-tap transformer with convenient thumb wheel for changing tap settings
- 70-volt taps at 2.5, 5, 10, 20, and 40 watts
- 100-volt taps at 5,10, 20 and 40 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 130° horizontal by 125° vertical coverage angle
- frequency response: 80-16,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended high-pass protection: 70 Hz with minimum 24 dB/octave filter
- sensitivity: 89dB
- U-brackets included for convenient on-wall installation
- preset mounting angles: 0°, ±15°, ±30°, or ±45°
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10-3/4"W x 6-3/4"H x 7-3/4"D (with bracket)
- weight: 6.8 lbs. (single speaker, with bracket)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841155-0410
What's in the box:
- 2 Surface-mount 70/100V speakers (white)
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Weather-proof terminal covers
- Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors
- Four 3/8" screws
- Four 1/2" screws
- 2 Spare Bose logos
- Installation instructions (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® FS4SE
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||80-16k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace FS4SE is a high-performance 70/100 volt loudspeaker that can be wall mounted indoors or outdoors. Designed for foreground music and speech reproduction in a wide range of installed applications, the FS4SE speaker is an ideal choice for restaurants and bars, transportation facilities, houses of worship, retail applications, and more. Made from durable polypropylene with a powder-coated steel grille, the FS4SE features a 4.50" full-range driver mounted in a ported enclosure that can deliver high output with a 130° horizontal x 125° vertical coverage pattern and a frequency response of 80Hz - 16kHz.
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace FS product line allows Bose FreeSpace loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
Outdoor Use: The Bose FS4SE speakers are rated for direct-exposure outdoor installations and carry an IP55 weather-proof rating. The speakers feature UV-resistant ABS enclosures with perforated powder-coated grilles, along with a rubber terminal cover for outdoor weather protection.
70/100 Volt: The FS4SE is rated for 40 watts RMS (160 watts peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change front dial allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. Accessing the front-panel tap dial is done by removing the grille. Tap settings include:
- 70 V: 2.5W, 5W, 10W, 20W, and 40W
- 100 V: 5W, 10W, 20W, and 40W
- Bypass: 8Ω
Connections: A rear-panel 6-pin Euroblock connector with set-screw terminals is provided for speaker wire connections, and can accommodate wire from 18 - 14 AWG. A screw-down rubber cover is provided to protect the terminals from particle and water ingress.
Mounting: The FS4SE speakers include U-brackets and screws for wall-mounting. Seven incremental notches at each end of each speaker allows the bracket to be tightened at specific angles, with 0˚ being in the center. Angles of 15˚, 30˚, and 45˚ are provided for both upwards- and downwards-facing directions. Two rear-panel M8 threaded holes are provided for optional ceiling-mount or pan-and-tilt brackets (both sold separately).
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 80Hz - 16kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 70Hz - 17kHz
- Power Handling: 40W RMS/ 160W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 130° H x 125° V
- Maximum SPL: 112 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 2.5W, 5W, 10W, 20W, 40W
- 100 V: 5W, 10W, 20W, 40W
- Drivers: (1) 4.50" Full-range
- Environmental: IP55 (per EN60529)
- Dimensions: Width = 10.0", Height = 6.78", Depth = 6.86"
- Weight: 6.80 lbs. (each)
The Bose® FreeSpace® FS4SE replaces these items