About the Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 2120-HZ
The hub for a multi-zone Bose® commercial sound system
The hub for a multi-zone Bose® commercial sound system
Drive your Bose commercial speaker system with an amplifier that's made for the job. The FreeSpace® IZA 2120-HZ puts out 120 watts per channel, and you can send output to two zones. Auxiliary output lets you connect standalone Bose power amps to drive speakers in additional zones.
It also features multiple input options so you can connect plenty of sources. Opti-voice® technology helps balance volume levels when you switch from music to paging, so important announcements can be heard clearly.
Pre-programmed EQ for select Bose speakers
The IZA 2120-HZ uses Class-D amplification for efficient operation and clean sound. And there's built-in equalization for optimizing sound characteristics with specific Bose speaker models, including the FreeSpace 3 subwoofer, DS 16F, DS 16SE, DS 40F, DS 40SE, DS 100F and DS 100SE speakers.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- EdgeMax™ in-ceiling speakers for mounting in high corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- 2 x 120-watt commercial amplifier for distributed audio systems
- built-in custom EQ for Bose® FreeSpace® 3 subwoofer, DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers
- Opti-voice® technology transitions smoothly between music and paging
- A/B input selection switch
- individual input gain control knobs
- connect optional Bose® FreeSpace® ZA amplifiers to drive additional zones
- front-panel treble and bass controls for two zones
- one unbalanced microphone input with 4-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock connector
- one front-panel unbalanced line input with 1/8" TRS connector
- dual unbalanced line inputs with stereo RCA connectors
- dual five-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock inputs
- dual 4-pin Phoenix-style Euroblocks for connecting remote controls
- dual 2-pin Phoenix-style touch-proof Euroblocks for connecting to speakers
- one unbalanced stereo RCA auxiliary output for connecting outboard zone amplifiers
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 12-13/16"D
- weight: 9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 719782-1410
What's in the box:
- Integrated zone amplifier
- 79" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Two 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors
- Three 4-pin Euroblock connectors
- Three 2-pin Euroblock connectors
- Four round plastic feet
- Four locking-pins for feet
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 2120-HZ
Overview: The Bose IZA 2120-HZ is an integrated zone amplifier designed for background/foreground music and paging applications in retail stores, restaurants, hospitality venues, schools and conference centers. It features 2 stereo inputs, that include both RCA and 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors, as well as an 1/8" auxiliary input that can all be fed to either of the 2 independent 70/100 volt outputs for true two-zone capability at 120 watts of power per channel. Each output channel can also have its own equalization based on specific types of Bose speakers and can be controlled with its own optional wired remote volume and source selector.
70/100 Volt: The IZA 2120-HZ's Class-D amplifier offers up to 120 watts of power, per channel, and is optimized for high-impedance, 70/100 volt applications. A rear-panel selector switch determines whether the amp is running at 70 or 100 volts. No transformer bypass mode is available for 8Ω operation.
- Inputs: The integrated zone amplifier features 2 independent stereo inputs, A and B, each with a set of dual RCAs and a 5-pin Euroblock connector that can accept either line or mic level signals, balanced or unbalanced. Input selection can be made from either the front-panel switch or from an optional zone remote control with A/B switch. Each input has its own rear-panel Gain control. A front-panel, 1/8" stereo Aux input is available for running line-level signals through the amp. These are summed to mono before being outputted. When a jack is inserted into the Aux input, all other inputs are muted except for the Paging input. The Aux input does not have its own gain control, so signal leveling must be done at the source.
- Outputs: Two Output Zones are available, 1 and 2, each on a 2-pin Euroblock connector. Each Output has its own Trim dial, which allows for up to 40 dB of attenuation of the output signal relative to the front-panel Master Volume control. A set of stereo RCA outputs are provided for running the output signal to additional amplifiers. This can be selected as a Fixed or Variable signal as well as Flat or Equalized.
Paging: The IZA 2120-HZ includes a Page Input, through a 4-pin Euroblock connector, that can accept either mic or line level signals. It supports dynamic microphones and can be used with either voice-activation (VOX) or a closed contact trigger from a push-to-talk mic (PTT). The Page Input includes a Page Input Gain which allows for 0 dB to +50 dB of gain control of the input signal. An Input Threshold adjusts the level at which the VOX input causes the other inputs to be lowered. If Paging is set to PTT mode, this adjustment will be inactive. The amplifier also includes a 2-pin, Euroblock, Mute input. When the two contacts are closed, input signals will be muted.
Configuration: The IZA 2120-HZ was designed so all tone controls and routing options can be configured without the need for a computer. Each output Zone has its own front-panel Bass and Treble controls as well as independent rear-panel switches for selecting one of five EQ presets that are based on specific models of Bose speakers. Options include: FS3/HPF, FS3B, DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100. If using non-Bose speakers or ones that don't require EQ, the FS3/HPF setting will be used. This provides a flat EQ signal with a 55 Hz high-pass filter applied. Other configuration settings are done via a DIP switch matrix on the rear-panel. DIP switch settings are as follows:
- Remote 1 Control: Determines if a remote control plugged into the Remote 1 Input will control zone 1 or zone 1 and 2.
- A/B Select: Determines if the A/B inputs are selected by the front panel switch or from a remote control plugged into the Remote Input.
- Auto Standby: If enabled, the amplifier will go into standby mode automatically after the amp has gone twenty minutes without an input signal.
- Page Output: Paging can be selected to output through Zone 1 or Zone 1 and 2.
- Page Bypass Master: Sets the paging volume to follow the front panel Master Level control (OFF) or to output maximum volume (ON). The Page Input Gain adjustment is available in either mode.
- Page Mode: Sets the amplifier to either mix paging with the selected input source (MIX) or to duck the input source (DUCK) when paging occurs.
- Page Start: Determines if paging will be activated by a push-to-talk (PTT) input or voice-activated (VOX).
- Aux Output 1 (white RCA): This switch determines if auxiliary Output 1 will have no EQ applied to it (FLAT) or will be affected by the EQ slide-switch (EQ).
- Aux Output 2 (red RCA): Does the same thing as Aux Output 1 setting, but applies to Aux Output 2.
- Aux Input (Zone): The front-panel Auxiliary input source can be assigned to be output through either Zone 1 or Zone 1 and 2.
- Aux Input (Enabled/Disabled): Either enables or disables the front-panel Auxiliary input. If enabled, inserting a jack into the Aux input will mute both Inputs A and B.
Remote Control: Each of the two Output channels has a 4-pin Euroblock connection for using one of Bose's optional Remote Volume controls (CC-1) or Remote Volume controls with A/B selector (CC-2), each sold separately. This allows remote control over the channel level and selection of either input A or B without the need for in-line volume controls.
Clip Indicators: Two front-panel LEDs are provided to display signal clipping for both the inputs and outputs.
USB: A rear-panel USB Type-B jack is provided for firmware updates only.
- Power: 2 x 120 Watts @70/100 V
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD+N: </= 0.3 % at rated power
- Channel Separation: </= -60 dBV below rated power, 1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 88 dB
- Integrated DSP:
- A/D and D/A Converters: 24-bit / 48 kHz
- Loudspeaker Presets: FreeSpace FS3/HPF, DS 16, DS 40, DS 100, and FS3B
- Audio Latency: 10.4 ms (any input to speaker or aux output)
- Audio Inputs:
|Line Inputs||Page Input||Auxiliary Input|
|Input Channels||2 Unbalanced, 2 balanced||1 Balanced mic/line||1 Unbalanced line|
|Connectors||Stereo RCA, 5-pin Euroblock||4-Pin Euroblock||1/8" TRS|
|Input Range||-10 dBV to +10 dBV||-60 dBV to +10 dBV||0 dBV to +10 dBV|
|Adjustment Range||-20 dB to +20 dB||0 dB to +50 dB||Fixed|
|Input Impedance||20 kΩ||2 kΩ||20 kΩ|
|Maximum Input Level||+10 dBV||+10 dBV||+10 dBV|
|Nominal Input Level||0 dBV||-40 dBV||0 dBV|
- Audio Outputs:
|Amplifier Outputs||Auxiliary Output|
|Connectors||2-Pin Euroblock||Stereo RCA|
|Output Impedance||N/A||400 Ω|
|Nominal Output Level||2 x 120 W @ 70/100 V||0 dBV (max)|
- Indicators and Controls:
- Power LED: Solid blue indicates power on, blinking blue indicates standby mode
- Input Signal Clip LED: Green indicates signal is within -39 dBV to 9 dBV, red indicates signal is over 9 dBV
- Output Signal Clip LED: Green indicates output signal is within -46 dBFS to -2 dBFS, red indicates signal is over -2 dBFS, approximately 80 W per channel
- Front Panel Controls: Power On/Off, Input select (A/B), Treble/Bass tone controls (x2), Master Level
- Rear Panel Controls: Amplifier mode DIP switches, Loudspeaker EQ preset selector, Input Gain (A/B/Page), Threshold for Page Input, Output trims, 70/100 V selector
- Mains Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC (+/- 10%, 50/60 Hz)
- AC Power Consumption: 350 W (Max), 26 W (Standby)
- Mains Connector: Standard IEC 3-pin
- Maximum Inrush Current: 2.7 Amps (120 VAC / 60 Hz), 5.0 Amps (230 VAC / 50 Hz)
- Overload Protection: High temperature, output short, excessively low or high AC line voltage
- Cooling System: Single fan, continuous left-to-right air flow
- Dimensions: Width - 19.0", Height - 1.750", Depth (with power cord) - 14.50"
- Net Weight: 9.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 13.0 lbs.