Bose® FreeSpace® ZA 190-HZ
Single-channel 90-watt amplifier
Our take on the Bose® FreeSpace® ZA 190-HZ by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
More power for a multi-zone system
When you expand your sound system into multiple rooms, you'll probably want to boost power as you go. The Bose FreeSpace ZA 190-HZ is an add-on 90-watt power amplifier that's compatible with Bose's IZA 190-HZ and IZA 250-LZ integrated zone amplifiers. Connect an RCA cable from the aux output on the integrated zone amp to the input on the back of the ZA 190-HZ. The integrated zone amp handles signal routing and processing, leaving this compact gem to provide the raw power for an extra zone.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- single-channel, 90-watt commercial amplifier for distributed audio systems
- add-on power amplifier compatible with Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 190-HZ and IZA 250-LZ integrated zone amplifiers
- rear-mounted output trim control
- unbalanced stereo RCA line input
- one 3-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock output for connection to speakers
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 8-7/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 6.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Zone amplifier
- 79" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 36" Stereo RCA cable
- One 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector
- 4 Round plastic feet
- 4 Locking-pins for feet
- Owner's manual
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace ZA 190-HZ zone amplifier is designed to provide basic amplification and sound system expansion when using front-end Bose FreeSpace and ControlSpace products. Featuring a single 90 watt output channel for 70/100 volt high-impedance systems, the ZA 190-HZ is an add-on expansion amplifier for Bose Integrated amps and processors, such as the IZA 190-HZ or the IZA 2120-HZ, making it ideal for retail stores, restaurants, schools, and conference centers.
- Inputs: The ZA 190-HZ zone amplifier features a single input channel on a set of unbalanced, stereo RCAs.
- Output: The amplifier has a single 70/100 volt output channel on a 3-pin Euroblock connector along with a Trim dial, allowing for up to 40 dB of attenuation of the output signal. No connection is available for 8Ω use.
- Power: 1 x 90 W @ 70/100 V
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD+N: </= 1.0 % (at rated power)
- Channel Separation: </= -60 dBu (below rated power, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 88 dB
- Audio Inputs:
- Input Channels: 1 Unbalanced
- Connectors: Stereo RCA
- Input Range: -10 dBu to +10 dBu
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Maximum Input Level: +10 dBV
- Nominal Input Level: 0 dBV
- Audio Outputs:
- Outputs: 1
- Connectors: 3-Pin Euroblock
- Indicators and Controls:
- Power LED: Solid blue indicates power
- Front Panel Controls: Power On/Off
- Mains Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC (+/- 10%, 50/60 Hz)
- AC Power Consumption: 15 W (Standby), 200 W (Max)
- Mains Connector: IEC 3-pin
- Maximum Inrush Current: 7.6 Amps (120 VAC / 60 Hz)
- Overload Protection: High temperature, output short
- Dimensions: Width - 8.250", Height - 1.750", Depth - 14.50"
- Net Weight: 6.7 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 8.7 lbs.
- Cooling System: Natural convection
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.