About the Bose L1 Pro8
More tower, more power
More tower, more power
When Bose introduced the L1 Compact portable PA systems, their innovative line-array design combined simplicity, portability, and the flexibility to work almost anywhere. With the L1 Pro8 system, they've upped the ante with more speakers for better coverage, more power, Bluetooth audio streaming, and remote control from your smartphone.
The system's most obvious characteristic is the tall, slim line-array tower which holds 8 individual 2" full-range drivers and covers a full 180° arc, letting you set up without worrying about aiming your speakers for the widest dispersal. The system includes a vertical extension for the line array which allows you to elevate the speaker height when you need it.
Bass in the box
The line-array tower is driven by a powered amp/mixer module with an integrated 7" x 13" "racetrack"-style oval subwoofer which delivers comparable performance to a standard 12" sub while saving space in your system and your trunk. The Class D amplifier supplies 60 watts to the tower and 240 watts to the sub, giving you plenty of power for small spaces like bars and cafés.
Dial in your sound
The L1 Pro8's mixer features two input channels with illuminated control knobs for volume, bass, treble, and onboard reverb. Each channel has a combination 1/4"/XLR combintaion input jack with phantom power for condenser microphones. The mixer's ToneMatch feature offers EQ presets for microphones or instruments with pickups, and the System EQ feature lets you select from a menu of master system presets. You'll also get handy line-level and AUX-level inputs and a XLR output to connect to a second bass module. A ToneMatch port allows you to connect connects your L1 Pro8 to Bose's T4S or T8S ToneMatch mixer (sold separately) via a proprietary ToneMatch cable.
Mix by phone
To make operating your system even simpler, Bose offers remote control over Bluetooth LE via their L1 Mix app. You'll be able to fine-tune your sound from the room, including volume, tone, and reverb adjustments and muting; you'll also be able to access the ToneMatch library of custom EQ presets and save preset scenes. You can also stream audio to the PA simultaneously via Bluetooth Classic.
With a total weight of only 40 pounds, the L1 Pro8 is easy to load and set up. When you can have great Bose sound with a feature set like this and ease of use, what more can you ask for?
- compact portable PA system
- 8-element articulated line array speaker
- included tower extension elevates speaker array over the bass module
- bass module includes amplifier, 7" x 13" bass speaker, and 2-channel mixer
- Bluetooth for audio streaming and for control through L1 Mix app
- illuminated volume, treble/bass, reverb control knobs
- clip indicator
- 1/4" and XLR inputs with phantom power
- ToneMatch EQ presets for vocals/instruments
- 1/4" and 3.5mm stereo AUX inputs
- ToneMatch port connects to Bose's T4S or T8S ToneMatch mixer (sold separately) via proprietary cable
- integrated carrying handle on bass/mixer module
- slip cover for bass module and carrying bag for tower components included
- total weight: 39.8 lbs.
- assembled height (with extension): 78.9" (6.5')
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 840919-1100
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose L1 Pro8
Features & specs
|Number of speakers||1|
|Drivers per speaker||9|
|Woofer Size (inches)||7x13|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||---|