About the Bose L1 Pro8
More tower, more power
More tower, more power
When Bose introduced the L1 Compact portable PA systems, their innovative line-array design combined simplicity, portability, and the flexibility to work almost anywhere. With the L1 Pro8 system, they've upped the ante with more speakers for better coverage, more power, Bluetooth audio streaming, and remote control from your smartphone.
The system's most obvious characteristic is the tall, slim line-array tower which holds 8 individual 2" full-range drivers and covers a full 180° arc, letting you set up without worrying about aiming your speakers for the widest dispersal. The system includes a vertical extension for the line array which allows you to elevate the speaker height when you need it.
Bass in the box
The line-array tower is driven by a powered amp/mixer module with an integrated 7" x 13" "racetrack"-style oval subwoofer which delivers comparable performance to a standard 12" sub while saving space in your system and your trunk. The Class D amplifier supplies 60 watts to the tower and 240 watts to the sub, giving you plenty of power for small spaces like bars and cafés.
Dial in your sound
The L1 Pro8's mixer features two input channels with illuminated control knobs for volume, bass, treble, and onboard reverb. Each channel has a combination 1/4"/XLR combintaion input jack with phantom power for condenser microphones. The mixer's ToneMatch feature offers EQ presets for microphones or instruments with pickups, and the System EQ feature lets you select from a menu of master system presets. You'll also get handy line-level and AUX-level inputs and a XLR output to connect to a second bass module. A ToneMatch port allows you to connect connects your L1 Pro8 to Bose's T4S or T8S ToneMatch mixer (sold separately) via a proprietary ToneMatch cable.
Mix by phone
To make operating your system even simpler, Bose offers remote control over Bluetooth LE via their L1 Mix app. You'll be able to fine-tune your sound from the room, including volume, tone, and reverb adjustments and muting; you'll also be able to access the ToneMatch library of custom EQ presets and save preset scenes. You can also stream audio to the PA simultaneously via Bluetooth Classic.
With a total weight of only 40 pounds, the L1 Pro8 is easy to load and set up. When you can have great Bose sound with a feature set like this and ease of use, what more can you ask for?
- compact portable PA system
- 8-element articulated line array speaker
- included tower extension elevates speaker array over the bass module
- bass module includes amplifier, 7" x 13" bass speaker, and 2-channel mixer
- Bluetooth for audio streaming and for control through L1 Mix app
- illuminated volume, treble/bass, reverb control knobs
- clip indicator
- 1/4" and XLR inputs with phantom power
- ToneMatch EQ presets for vocals/instruments
- 1/4" and 3.5mm stereo AUX inputs
- ToneMatch port connects to Bose's T4S or T8S ToneMatch mixer (sold separately) via proprietary cable
- integrated carrying handle on bass/mixer module
- carrying bag for tower components included
- total weight: 39.8 lbs.
- assembled height (with extension): 78.9" (6.5')
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 840919-1100
What's in the box:
- L1 Power Stand/Bass Module
- Mid-high array
- Array extension
- Zippered nylon carry-case
- 6.5' Power cable (IEC 3-pin)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety instructions
- Firmware update information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose L1 Pro8
Features & specs
|Mic inputs||(2) XLR/1/4"|
|Line inputs||(2) XLR/1/4", (1) 1/4"|
|Number of speakers||1|
|Drivers per speaker||9|
|Woofer Size (inches)||(1) 7x13"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||(8) 2"|
|System Frequency response||N/A|
Overview: The Bose L1 Pro8 is a powered, portable two-way loudspeaker system featuring an 8-driver Articulated C-shape Line Array speaker tower and a Power Stand/Bass Module, all of which can be assembled and disassembled quickly for easy setup and portability. Designed to provide full, high-quality sound, the L1 Pro8 is ideal for shows in small venues such as coffee shops and cafes, for singer-songwriters and small ensembles.
Articulated Line Array: The L1 Pro8 system includes a Power Stand/Bass Module, with a built-in 7" x 13" high-excursion "RaceTrack" woofer, and a C-shaped Articulated Line Array that includes eight 2" high-frequency neodymium drivers, all powered from the built-in amplifier. An extension array piece allows the array to be used at two different height levels: 44-3/4" without the extension, and 79-1/4" with the extension installed. The L1's Articulated Line Array design provides up to 180˚ of horizontal and 40˚ of vertical coverage. This provides uniform sound throughout the entire listening area, whether set up on a floor or an elevated stage.
Mixer: The L1 Pro8's Power Stand/Bass Module includes a built-in 3-channel mixer located on the rear panel for quick access. Panel jacks and controls include the following:
- Channel 1 & 2: Channels 1 & 2 include XLR/1/4" combo
jacks that can be used for microphones or instrument- or line-level signals.
- Phantom Power: A single Phantom button will apply +48V of phantom power to Channels 1 & 2.
- ToneMatch: Channel 1 & 2 include a 3-way selector switch that can select one of two ToneMatch Presets - Mic, for use with a microphone, and Inst, for acoustic guitar. The ToneMatch selection can also be turned Off.
- Channel 3: Channel 3 includes a 3.5mm TRS jack, for audio playback from a portable device (summed to mono), and a 1/4" TS input for line-level signals. Channel 3 can also be used as a Bluetooth audio input, letting you play music from your smartphone, tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled device. A Pair button and corresponding LED indicator are provided with Channel 3 for Bluetooth operation.
- Channel Parameter Controls: Each of the 3 input channels includes
a rotary/push-dial that lets you select a function and then adjust
it. Each function name will illuminate when selected, while an LED light
ring around the dial displays the current level. Channel Parameter options include:
- Channels 1 & 2: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb.
- Channel 3: Volume, Treble, Bass.
- System EQ: Lets you select one of 4 preset sound modes - Live, Music, Speech, and Off, for affecting the overall mixed sound output. Corresponding LEDs will light for each selection.
- Line Out: A male XLR Line Out jack lets you output the main signal to an optional subwoofer, PA, or amplifier.
- ToneMatch port: An RJ-45 port lets you connect an optional Bose T4S or T8S ToneMatch audio engine (sold separately). This provides additional input channels and digital signal processing for customizing your sound. The T4S & T8S audio engines include a proprietary cable for plugging it into the Power Stand/Bass Module.
- Power: The mixer panel includes a push-button to power the unit On/Off and includes a white LED that lights when on.
- USB Port: A USB-C port is provided for Bose service use only.
L1 Mix App: The Bose L1 Mix app, available from the Apple App and Google Play stores, lets you control the L1 from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet, and includes additional features:
- Channel Volume adjustment.
- Channel mixer parameter adjustment.
- System EQ adjustment.
- Enabling Channel mute.
- Enabling Reverb mute.
- Activating Phantom Power.
- Access to ToneMatch preset library.
- Save Scenes.
Portability: Designed for portability, the L1 Pro8 can be broken down into 3 major parts for transportation and stowage. The Power Stand/Bass Module features a built-in carry-handle on the top section, and a zippered nylon carry-bag is provided for the Speaker Array and Extension piece.
- System Type: Self-powered, 2-way
- High-Frequency Drivers: Eight 2" Neodymium
- Low-Frequency Driver: One 7" x 13" "RaceTrack"-style
- System Power Rating:
- Mid-High Array: 60W
- Woofer: 240W
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 112dB SPL (118dB SPL peak)
- Nominal Dispersion: 180˚ H x 40˚ V
- Width: 12.50"
- Full Height (w/extension): 78.75"
- Height (w/o extension): 44.75"
- Depth: 17.50"
- Total Net Weight: 39.8 lbs.