Bose® Panaray® MB4
Modular bass loudspeaker (White)
Our take on the Bose® Panaray® MB4 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A different approach to bass
Bose has done something intriguing with the Panaray MB4 — instead of generating bass the traditional way, with one or two large woofers, they have four 5-1/4" low-frequency drivers working together. The MB4 produces low notes in the 45 to 310 Hz range. Its modular enclosure is stackable, so you can create a bass array for larger spaces. If you'd rather raise it off the floor to leave more room for dancing, integrated suspension points let you "fly" the MB4 from the rafters.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide selection of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- EdgeMax™ in-ceiling speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB bass speakers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- four 5-1/4" low-frequency drivers
- handles 200 watts continuous program power
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- frequency response: 45-310 Hz (±3dB)
- peak SPL: 116dB
- sensitivity: 87dB
- stackable modular enclosure
- integrated suspension lets you hang the enclosure from above
- 10-1/4"W x 26-3/4"H x 18-1/4"D
- weight: 45 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Panaray modular bass speaker
- Installation guide
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||4|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||45-310 Hz|
|Power rating||200 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose Panaray MB4 is a compact low-frequency loudspeaker designed to provide bass enhancement for Bose Panaray and DS systems in small to medium sized indoor installations, both permanent and portable sound reinforcement. Typical uses would be for gymnasiums, restaurants, recreation centers, houses of worship, and more. The MB4 is comprised of four 5.25" high-excursion woofers configured to provide deep bass down to 35 Hz with a fast transient response.
Configurations: The MB4's modular design allows for flexible mounting options. Four post-in-socket interlocking corners allow multiple speakers to be securely stacked on top of each other. The MB4 also has four M8 threaded inserts, 2 top and 2 bottom, for suspending the speaker in a "flying" rig. The MB4 is designed for indoor use only.
Connections: Two Neutrik (Speakon) connectors are provided on the rear panel, one being the signal input and the other a pass-thru for daisy-chaining multiple speakers.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 45 Hz - 310 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35 Hz - 350 Hz
- Nominal Dispersion: Omni-directional below 200 Hz
- Recommended High-Pass Filter: 30 Hz high-pass
- Overload Protection: PTC/Lamps (2)
- Power Handling: 200 W (800 Peak)
- Sensitivity: 87 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 110 dB SPL (116 db SPL peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Drivers: 4 x 5.25" low frequency drivers
- Enclosure: High-density wood composite with solid color PVC laminate
- Environmental: Indoor use only
- Connectors: Two NL4 Neutrik (Speakon) connectors wired in parallel
- Suspension/Mounting: Four M8 threaded inserts (2 top, 2 bottom)
- Dimensions: Width - 10.250", Height - 26.50", Depth - 17.875"
- Weight: 45 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.