About the Bose® PowerShare PS604A
Flexible power distribution for a multi-zone sound system
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Flexible power distribution for a multi-zone sound system
Most four-channel amplifiers divide power evenly — each output channel gets exactly one quarter of the total wattage. The Bose® PowerShare amp lets you share power asymmetrically, if that suits your space best.
For example, you could mount two Bose FreeSpace® DS 16F speakers in each of your venue's restrooms, and send them a total of 64 watts, then power a pair of outdoor speakers on the patio with another 100 watts. The lion's share of the remaining power goes to multiple speakers in the dining room.
The amp's DFL™ (Dual Feedback Loop) System continuously monitors and controls current and voltage delivered to each load for improved performance and protection for your speakers.
Once you've decided how to divide up all that power, you can use the free PowerShare Editor software to individually manage EQ, mixing, crossover, limiters, delay, and more. Connect your computer to the rear-panel USB input for advanced software-assisted control.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
- smart PowerShare technology gives you total control of output
- asymmetrical power output lets you decide how much of the amplifier's 600 total watts to send to each zone
- each channel can be configured for low impedance (4-8 ohms) or high impedance (70/100V)
- four balanced inputs with a single 12-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock input
- four speaker-level outputs with a single 8-pin Phoenix-style Euroblock output
- PowerShare Editor software offers control of EQ, mixing, crossover, limiters, delay, and more (via rear-panel USB Type-B input)
- DFL™ (Dual Feedback Loop) System continuously monitors and controls current and voltage
- rear-panel dip switches offer additional control over settings
- individual EQ dials for each channel let you set the output to match select Bose Professional speaker models
- 4 rear-mounted output attenuation dials
- auto-standby reduces power consumption when amplifier is not in use
- RJ-45 connection for CC-1 ControlCenter volume control
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 16-5/16"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 791324-1410
What's in the box:
- Powershare amplifier
- 79" Power cord (3-pin IEC)
- One 12-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector (green)
- One 8-pin Euroblock connector (green)
- One 2-pin Euroblock connector (black)
- 35" CAT-5e cable
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® PowerShare PS604A
Overview: The Bose PS604 is a 4-channel installed amplifier with 600 watts of output power, that can be shared across all four outputs, with independent control of the output level, EQ, along with low- and high-impedance settings for each output. The amplifier also features configurable loudspeaker processing, from either the rear panel controls or with a connected PC using Bose's PowerShare Editor software. The PS604 is ideal for performing arts venues, conference centers, retail stores, restaurants and bars.
Inputs: The PS604 has 4 input channels. A 12-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector contains the four analog inputs which can accept both balanced and unbalanced signals, along with an RJ-45 AmpLink input. This input can transfer up to 24 channels of uncompressed digital audio, with near zero latency, between Bose processors and the PS604 amplifier via shielded CAT 5 cable. An AmpLink THRU port is provided for daisychaining up to 8 Bose AmpLink amplifiers. Each amp can be up to 30 feet apart and any combination of AmpLink amplifiers can be linked. Both AmpLink ports have a green LINK LED, which indicates normal operation, and an ERR LED. This LED will light solid yellow if the audio is muted via a mute switch, or blink yellow indicating an error, which will also mute the audio. An Input Select dial on the rear panel determines which inputs will be used, either the analog or AmpLink channels. Setting 1 (default) allows each of the four analog input signals to go to their corresponding output. Setting 2 takes the signal on Input 1 and sends it to all four of the Outputs. Settings 3 - 8 determine which AmpLink digital inputs will go to the four outputs. Setting 9 and 10 are unused.
Outputs: All 4 output channels are contained in one 8-pin Euroblock connector. These can be run as high-impedance 70/100 volt outputs or low-impedance 4/8Ω outputs. Like the inputs, both types of outputs can be used simultaneously except by the same channel, providing exceptional flexibility. Each output channel has its own Output Attenuation dial that can go from 0 dB attenuation to fully muted when turned completely counter-clockwise.
PowerShare Technology: Bose's patented PowerShare technology allows the total 600 watts of power to be shared asymmetrically across all channels. Since each channel is capable of outputting the full 600 watts, this technology allots more power to the speakers that need it when they need it, both for high and low impedance connections.
DFL System: The Dual Feedback Loop system improves performance and reliability through continuous monitoring and control of both the current and voltage delivered to each output load. This combination provides improved linearity and lower distortion while protecting the speakers.
Configuration: Configuring the PS604 can be done from either the rear-panel switches or with Bose's PowerShare Editor software when connected to a PC via the rear-panel USB micro-B jack (Mac not supported). The PowerShare Editor software offers real-time selection and control of Bose loudspeaker EQs, 9-band parametric EQs, mixing, crossovers, limiters, delay, mute, and output polarity. For basic setups without a PC, the rear-panel has both a 8-selector DIP switch matrix as well as selector dials for each channel that offer 10 preset Bose speaker EQ settings, based on specific models of Bose speakers. The included preset selections are: Flat, DS16, DS40, DS100, FS3B, 402, 802, MA12EX, RMU105, and RMU108. The DIP switch matrix provides the following options:
- Auto Standby: On/Off. If enabled (on), the unit will automatically go into standby mode if it doesn't receive a signal for 20 minutes. If in standby mode, the amp will "wake up" when a signal is present.
- Global Out: 70V or 100V. This setting determines if the amp will be used in a 70 or 100 volt configuration.
- Config: Rear or Software. Determines which method will be used to configure the amp, either with the rear-panel switches or the PowerShare Editor software via a connected PC.
- Sensitivity: 4 dBu or 12 dBu. This is used to set the input sensitivity for the Euroblock line-level inputs. If using the unbalanced RCA inputs, the 4 dBu setting gives an input sensitivity of -10 dBV while the 12 dBu setting gives an input sensitivity of -2 dBV.
- Outputs 1 - 4: Hi Z/Low Z. Each of these 4 switches determines how the corresponding output will be used, either as a high-impedance 70/100 volt output or a 4/8Ω load.
Control Center CC-1: The PS604 includes an RJ-45 jack on the rear-panel for use with an optional CC-1 volume control (sold separately). This is a remotely mounted in-wall volume control that can adjust the output level of the connected amplifier.
Mute: A 2-pin Euroblock connector is provided for remote muting of the output signal. This is a normally open circuit that mutes if closed, but the polarity can be changed using the PowerShare Editor software.
Front Panel: The amp's front panel contains the main power switch along with 5 LED indicators.
- Power LED: Solid green indicates the amp is on. Blinking green indicates the unit is in lower-power mode. Solid amber shows an over-temperature fault, and solid red indicates a power supply fault.
- Signal LEDs: All four input channels have a Signal LED that lights solid green with a typical input signal. This will change to amber when the signal level gets close to clipping and then to red if it does clip.
- Limit LEDs: All four output channels have a Limit LED that lights amber when the amplifier is limiting the corresponding output due to exceeding the loudspeaker's Peak or RMS power limits. If the sum of the amplifier outputs exceeds 600 watts, then it will limit all outputs equally with both LEDs showing limiting simultaneously. These LEDs will blink red when all outputs are muted from the rear-panel mute connector. Both LEDs will light solid red when there is an amplifier fault or a power supply fault.
- Power: 4 x 150 W (THD+N < 0.04%, 1 kHz, 4-8 Ω, 70/100 V)
- Maximum Power per Channel: 600 W @ 4-8Ω, 70/100 V
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz for 4-8Ω, same for 70/100 V except with a 50 Hz high-pass filter
- THD+N: < 0.04 % (1 kHz, 4-8 Ω, 70/100 V)
- Channel Separation: >85 dB @ 1 kHz, > 65 dB @ 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Audio Inputs:
- Input Channels:
- Analog: 4 Balanced
- AmpLink: 24 Digital
- Analog: 12-pin Euroblock
- AmpLink: RJ-45
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ (Euroblock)
- Maximum Input Level: 20 dBu (at 12 dBu sensitivity setting)
- Sensitivity: 4 / 12 dBu (Low / High sensitivity)
- Input Channels:
- Audio Outputs:
- Outputs: 4
- Connectors: 8-Pin Euroblock
- AmpLink THRU: RJ-45
- Integrated DSP:
- A/D and D/A Converters: 24-bit/48 kHz
- Processing Functions: Matrix mixer, loudspeaker EQ, 9-band PEQ, Vpeak/Vrms limiters, delay, band-pass, mute, output polarity inversion
- Loudspeaker Presets: Flat, DS16, DS40, DS100, FS3B, 402, 802, MA12EX, RMU105, and RMU108
- Audio Latency: 1 ms (any input to speaker output)
- Indicators and Controls:
- Power LED: Solid green - On, blinking green - standby mode, solid amber - thermal fault, solid red - power supply fault
- Input Signal LED: Green - signal present, amber - input signal is near clipping, red - signal is clipping
- Output Limit LED: Amber - amp is limiting an output, blinking red - amp muted, solid red - indicates a fault
- Front Panel Control: Power On/Off
- Rear Panel Controls: Amplifier mode DIP switches, loudspeaker EQ dials, output attenuators
- Mains Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC (+/- 10%, 50/60 Hz)
- AC Power Consumption: 14 W (Standby), 700 W (Max)
- Mains Connector: IEC 3-pin
- Maximum Inrush Current: 8.04 Amps (120 VAC / 60 Hz)
- Protection: High temperature, output short, excessively low or high AC line voltage, extra high frequency (EHF)
- Dimensions: Width - 19.0", Height - 1.750", Depth - 18.0"
- Net Weight: 14.1 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 17.2 lbs.
- Cooling System: Microprocessor controlled, variable-speed fans with left to right air flow