About the Bose® Sub1
Big bass in a compact design
Big bass in a compact design
Bose's Sub1 module is a great way to add bass to just about any PA system. This powered portable bass module uses a 7" x 13" speaker and with a 480-watt amp to crank out lows down to 40 Hz. You can connect it to the Bose L1 Pro32 system for extra bass reinforcement, or this sub can also be paired with a Bose S1 Pro system to create a super-effective compact PA. The integrated M20 connector makes it easy to attach a variety of portable PA systems.
Inputs and outputs
Adding a second Sub1 to your L1 Pro32 system is easy, and gives you extra control over your bass. Stack the two bass modules horizontally, one facing forward and the other backward. Properly set up, this arrangement will cancel out low-frequency waves behind the subs so your stage sound stays much cleaner, while the audience enjoys powerful bass. For other applications, the Sub1's pair of XLR/TSR inputs can sum a stereo input for low-frequency reproduction, then and pass the mids and highs out to additional loudspeakers. The high-pass filter located on the line out EQ lets you tailor the output to your needs.
- powered bass module
- 7" x 13" RaceTrack oval sub
- 480-watt Class D amplifier
- slip cover and AC cable included
- compatible with Bose L1 Pro32 and Bose S1 Pro systems
- line-in and line-out EQ
- selectable high-pass filter on line out
- integrated M20 threaded insert
- inputs: 2 x combo XLR-1/4" TRS inputs (line); SubMatch
- outputs: 2 x XLR outputs; SubMatch
- dimensions: 20.9" x 9.8" x 20.9"
- weight: 35.5 lbs
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 840918-1100
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6.5' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Nylon cover
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Firmware information
- Safety instructions
Bose® Sub1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® Sub1
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||7x13|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||N/A|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||480|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" Combo|
Overview: The Bose Sub1 powered subwoofer is designed to be used with most any portable PA system, providing rich low-end extension down to 40Hz. The Sub1 is an ideal choice for live music performances, mobile DJs, houses of worship, schools and universities, business presentations, and more.
Amp and Drivers: The Sub1 features a unique 7" x 13" high-excursion RaceTrack driver mounted in a compact, ported enclosure and powered by a built-in 480 watt amplifier. The Sub1's unique enclosure provides maximum bass output while its compact design keeps it light and easy to transport.
Paired System: The Bose Sub1 can be used in conjunction with other full-range loudspeakers, but provides ideal performance when paired with a Bose L1 Pro32 powered speaker array system (sold separately). The L1 Pro32's SubMatch output provides a 480W low-passed signal to the Sub1 for a perfectly matched full-range system. This also eliminates the need for a power cord to be connected to the Sub1.
Cardioid Mode: The Sub1 includes a SubMatch Thru port, letting you connect a second Bose Sub1 (sold separately) when used in conjunction with a Bose L1 Pro32 speaker array. The two subs can be stacked on top of each other, providing a significant increase in overall bass output. A Cardioid Mode setting on the back of the subs allows the bass from both subs to be focused on one side in a cardioid pattern, making it ideal for use on a stage, where the bass can be projected towards the audience. When Cardioid Mode is Off, bass from the two subs will be projected in an omnidirectional pattern.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Inputs 1&2: Each of the two inputs consists of an XLR/1/4" combo jack that can accept balanced or unbalanced line-level signals.
- Line Outputs 1&2: Two male XLR jacks provide a line-level "thru" signal (pre-volume control) from each one's corresponding Input jack. These can be sent to additional powered loudspeakers or subwoofers.
- SubMatch In/Thru: The Sub1 can be used in conjunction with a Bose L1 Pro32 Line Array PA system, which will provide a powered signal to the subwoofer. A sliding cover-plate allows the Sub1 to be powered either from a connected L1 Pro32's SubMatch output or from the included AC power cord, but not both simultaneously. The corresponding SubMatch Thru port lets you daisy-chain a second Sub1 module.
- USB: A USB-C port can be used for firmware updates and for Bose service. The USB port cannot be used
to input music.
Note: The Sub1 must not be connected to AC power and the SubMatch input at the same time or damage may occur.
Controls and Indicators: Along with both inputs and outputs, the loudspeaker's rear panel includes the AC power input, Power On/Off switch, and the following controls and indicators:
- Volume: Adjusts the subwoofer's output level.
- Line In EQ: Lets you filter input signals internally or using a connected L1 Pro32's crossed-over
- LPF: Provides a low-pass filter for external input signals.
- L1: Allows a connected L1 Pro32 to filter the signal.
- Line Out EQ: Determines whether the Line Output signals will be high-passed or not. Options include:
- Full: No filtering is done to the output signal.
- HPF: Engages a high-pass filter to the Line Output signals.
- Phase/Pattern: A 3-selection switch lets you select 0° (+), 180° (-), or Cardioid when used with a second Bose Sub1 bass module.
Portability & Mounting: The Bose Sub1 features a built-in carry-handle on the top panel for easy portability. Raised tabs on either side of the enclosure allow it to be laid on its side. Corresponding notches for the raised tabs allow two Sub1 modules to be stacked on top of each other while holding them in place. A threaded M20 pole-mount insert can be used to support a pole-mounted PA speaker up to 51" high, and up to 15.7 lbs. (mounting pole not included).
2 questions already asked