About the Bose T8S ToneMatch Mixer
Mix your sound Bose style
Mix your sound Bose style
Bose's T8S digital 8-channel mixer features simple controls plainly laid out on a handsomely-designed desktop surface that'll allow you and your band to sound just the way you like — perfect. Eight mic/line inputs are joined by two Aux line inputs, bringing the total possible inputs up to ten. The main left and right outputs provide signal for your PA amplifiers and speakers, while you can send up to four separate monitor mixes through the four Aux outputs. One USB port lets you stream music from a thumb drive. The other USB port lets you connect your T8S mixer to a computer.
Controls and effects
Individual channel controls include input trim, a signal indicator/clip light, output level, mute, and FX mute. Digital signal processing gets applied channel-by-channel or globally onto the output channels. You can apply and adjust parametric equalizers, noise gates, limiters, compressors, reverbs, delays, and more. There's even a built-in tuner, so guitarists can keep their strings in tune.
The ToneMatch and zEQ settings allow you to quickly dial in the perfect sound for voice and acoustic guitar. Bose designed the T8S mixer to match their L1 and F1 PA speakers in tone and fidelity, but you can use yours with any loudpeaker or PA system.
T8S connection panel
- 8-channel digital mixer (10 input channels)
- 8 mono mic/line (combo XLR/TRS)
- 2 Aux line (TRS)
- USB-A digital
- 6 analog mix: Left/Right main (TRS), Aux 1-4 (TRS)
- USB-B computer interface (I/O)
- switchable phantom power
- 48 kHz, 24-bit processing
- input channels:
- ToneMatch and zEQ tonal presets
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- noise gate, compressor, limiter, de-esser, kick drum presets
- reverb, delay, modulation effects
- main and aux outputs:
- channel status, input and output level meters, 6-band graphic EQ, USB interface control
- save and recall scenes (5 factory presets, 10 user scenes)
- output level meter
- headphone jack
- 1/4" mounting screw insert for mounting to tripod or mixer stand
- magnetic protective cover and power supply included
- dimensions: 12-1/4" W x 3-1/4" H x 8-7/16" D
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 785491-0110
What's in the box:
- T8S ToneMatch Mixer
- Magnetic mixer cover
- ToneMatch Power supply
Bose T8S ToneMatch Mixer reviews
It's Bose, don't expect a problem. It will take a while to learn the system.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Bose T8S ToneMatch Mixer
Features & specs
|Line inputs||(8) XLR/1/4",(2) 1/4"|
|Digital outputs||USB Type-B|
|Monitor outputs||(4) 1/4" TRS/TS|
Overview: The Bose T8S ToneMatch mixer is an ultra-compact 8 channel digital mixer designed for live performances such a singer/songwriters, mobile DJs, corporate A/V, and more. Its powerful DSP engine offers studio-quality EQ, dynamics, and effects for each input channel, along with Bose's unique ToneMatch processing presets.
Inputs: The T8S' rear panel includes the following inputs:
- Inputs 1-8: These consist of 8 XLR/1/4" combination jacks that can accept either low impedance balanced/unbalanced connections for microphones or 1/4" TRS balanced/TS unbalanced for high-impedance devices like guitars.
- Aux In (9/10): Two additional 1/4" input jacks are provided as an Auxiliary Input. These can accept line-level signals, either TRS balanced or TS unbalanced, from sources like an audio playback device. Signals coming in on the Aux Input are mixed directly to the Main Output. Controls for the Aux In include Pan and Level, which are configured in the Menu system.
- USB Ports:
- USB 2.0 Type-A: Can be used for playing back music from a flash drive. Supported audio files include WAV and MP3.
- USB 2.0 Type-B: Allows you to connect the mixer to your computer for storing and recalling performance scenes as well as for installing firmware updates. When connected to a computer, this can also be used for audio playback and recording.
- Power: The power port consists of a proprietary Bose ToneMatch
connector (RJ-45) for use with the included ToneMatch power supply.
Note: A standard RJ-45 ethernet cable should never be plugged into the ToneMatch power port. Doing so could damage equipment such as a computer, router, or other network device.
Outputs: The T8S' rear panel includes the following outputs:
- XLR Stereo Output: Two balanced male XLR jacks provide an analog stereo output of the main signal.
- Analog L/R Output: Two 1/4" jacks provide the main analog output for the T8S, accepting both TRS balanced or TS unbalanced cables.
- Aux Outputs: The mixer features four user-assignable analog outputs that can be configured for pre-fader, post-EQ and effects, or post-fader output. These 1/4" jacks can accept both TRS balanced and TS unbalanced connections.
- Headphones: The right side-panel includes a 1/4" headphone output jack.
Front Panel: All of the T8S' controls are located on the front panel and include the following parameters:
- Display: The front-panel LCD screen displays all setup and control parameters.
- Input Signal/Clip LEDs: Input channel LEDs will light green when a signal is applied to that input and light red if the signal starts to clip.
- Trim Controls: Adjusts the input sensitivity for the respective channel.
- CH Edit Buttons: These allow you to select which input channel will can be edited. Editing parameters are displayed on the LCD screen.
- Editing Controls: Three rotary/push-button controls let you select or adjust parameters appearing on the display.
- FX Mute: These buttons allow you to quickly mute any effects that have been applied to that channel.
- Volume: Individual Volume dials are provided for each channel.
- Mute: Each input channel includes its own Mute button.
- Phantom Power Switch: When activated, this parameter applies +48V of phantom power to each of the input channels. A corresponding LED will light red when phantom power is on.
- Master Volume: Adjusts the overall output level.
- Stereo Output Meter: Used in conjunction with the Master Volume control, this gives you a visual representation of the output signal level. Meter markings include -30dB, 0dB, +6dB, +12dB, and OL (overload).
- Headphone Volume: Adjust the output level of the headphone jack.
- Rotary Selector: Provides access to both Global and Channel Functions (further details below).
Overview: All of the main functions of the T8S mixer are accessed using a front-panel Rotary Selector. Options are divided into to groups; Channel Functions, parameters that are applied individually to input channels, and Global Functions, which pertain to the overall function of the mixer.
Channel Functions (Rotary Selector): Channel Functions include audio parameters that can be selected and modified using the Rotary Selector and Rotary/pushbutton controls. These can be individually applied to each input channel. Nine Channel Edit parameters are available including:
- Pan/Aux: Allows you to adjust the panning of that channel's input signal. Also gives options for setting the Pan and Level for the Aux In, and Aux Out signals.
- Tuner: Provides a tuning meter for an instrument playing into the selected channel. The note being played will be displayed at the bottom of the screen, while a pitch indicator scale will show whether the note is sharp or flat.
- ToneMatch: Accesses the T8S' ToneMatch presets. This proprietary technology provides optimized system equalization for specific instruments and microphones. ToneMatch presets are organized into categories, such as Vocal Mics, Headworn Mics, Acoustic Guitars, Electric Guitars, etc. A ToneMatch preset can be individually applied to each input channel.
- zEQ: Working in conjunction with the ToneMatch presets, the zEQ allows you to adjust Low/Mid/High frequencies that are within the range of the instrument or microphone, based on the ToneMatch preset selected. Each of the individual zEQ frequency bands, for that particular ToneMatch preset, can be bypassed as well.
- Para EQ: Provides 3 bands of parametric equalization to that channel. Each of the 3 bands are user-selectable between 50Hz and 16kHz, and include a Level control that can raise or lower that frequency by +15dB to -15dB. The width of the band, or Q, can be adjusted with a range from 0.20 octaves to 5.0 octaves.
- Comp/Gate: This function provides access to the dynamics presets
such as Gate, Compression, Limiter, De-esser, and Kick Drum presets, all
with adjustable parameters.
- Compressor: Three levels of compression are available; Light, Medium, and Heavy, for a range of uses from instruments and mics that require minimal level control to loud instruments and strong vocals that require more aggressive level control. Compression ratios are preset for each type with user-adjustable Threshold and Speed (release time).
- Limiter: This preset features hard-limiting with a ratio of ∞:1 and adjustable threshold and gain. Limiting helps prevent signal peaks from overloading the channel.
- De-esser: Designed to reduce sibilance on vocals.
- Noise Gate: Helps eliminate unwanted noise from microphones and instruments. Features a fast attack time, variable threshold, and variable speed (release).
- KickGate1 (Regular): This gate is designed specifically for kick drums and features a preset attack time with variable threshold and tightness (release time). This provides maximum gain before feedback, making kick drums as loud as possible.
- KickGate2 (Fast): This preset works the same as KickGate1, but adjusted for faster tempos, and works well when using a double bass drum pedal.
- Mod: Provides access to Modulation
effects such as Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Tremolo.
- Chorus: Three different types of chorus are provided; Brite, Warm, and Dark, each allowing varying amounts of high frequencies in the channel signal to pass. User-adjustable parameters include Mix, Depth, and Speed.
- Flanger: Two types of flanger presets are available; Tape, which features no signal feedback, and Feedback, which does include signal feedback. Both types include adjustable Mix, Depth, and Speed parameters.
- Phaser: Four phaser are available; Stomp, modeled after a classic "stompbox"-style phaser; Rack, modeled after a classic "rack"-style phaser; Warm, vintage-style phaser with a positive mix type; and Brite, featuring a positive mix type with no bass. Each Phaser preset includes adjustable Speed and Feedback parameters.
- Tremolo: This is a vintage-style tremolo effect with adjustable Speed and Depth.
- Delay: Three types of delays are
provided; Digital, Analog, and Tape, with each having adjustments for the
Mix, Time, and Feedback.
- Digital Delay: In this delay type, the feedback repeats remain uncolored.
- Analog Delay: Feedback repeats continuously deteriorate.
- Tape Delay: Feedback repeats deteriorate even more than with the Analog Delay.
- Reverb: This function lets you apply an adjustable amount of reverb to the selected channel. Adjustable parameters include; Mix, and Bright. Bright controls the level of high-frequencies in the effected signal. The type of reverb, along with its settings, are selected in the Global menu.
Global Functions (Rotary Selector): The Global Functions selection gives you access to settings that affect the overall operation of the mixer and include; Reverb Type, Prefs (Preferences), and Scenes.
- Reverb Type: This Global option lets you select one of five reverb types that can be applied to both individual channels as well as directly to the Main or Aux outputs. The Main and Aux can have a different reverb type if desired. Each type features adjustable Time and Balance parameters. Reverb Types include; Plate, Small, Medium, Large, and Cavern.
- Prefs (Preferences): This setting
gives access to several system utilities options.
- Status: Displays the effects and dynamics used on each of the 4 Input Channels (non-editable).
- Input Level: Displays input level meters for each of the 8 Input Channels with peak signal indicators for each.
- Output Level: Displays output level meters for all outputs including: Main L, Main R, USB L, USB R, and the Aux Outputs.
- Master Out EQ: Displays a 6-band graphic EQ that gets applied to the master mix output. Each band can be raised/lowered by 18dB.
- USB B to PC: This selection allows you to send a selected source to a computer through the USB left and right output channels. Source choices include Ch.1-8, Aux In, Master, or Aux Out 1-4.
- USB B from PC: This selection allows you to send USB left/right channels from a computer to a selected mixer destination; None, Aux In, or Master.
- USB A Playback: This selection lets you play WAV or MP3 files, stored on a flash drive, from the USB A port. Files can be viewed/selected as well as have the level adjusted.
- Versions: Displays firmware version.
- ToneMatch: Displays a list of ToneMatch preset banks stored in the mixer.
- Scenes: A Scene is a snapshot of the
current state of the mixer, that can be saved and recalled at a later time.
It saves all ToneMatch mixer settings and the status of the front-panel
Mute, FX Mute, and CH Edit buttons. A Scene does not store Channel
Trim, Channel Volume Levels, Master Volume, Headphone Level, or the position
of the Phantom Power switch. The T8S includes 16 Scenes, which are divided
into 3 types:
- Bose Scenes (5): These are read-only factory presets that cannot be edited or overwritten.
- User Scenes (10): These are user-definable scenes that can be saved and recalled as many times as you like.
- Shared Scenes (1): This is a user-definable scene that can be shared with other T4S and T8S ToneMatch mixers.
Mounting: The T8S is designed to sit on a table-top or other flat surface, or can be mounted to a tripod using the 1/4" (6mm) threaded insert on the bottom of the unit. A magnetic hard-cover is included for protecting the T8S when not in use. The cover simply lays centered on top of the mixer while magnets in the rim hold it in place.
- Input Channels: (8) XLR/1/4" Combo jacks (balanced/unbalanced)
- Aux Inputs: (2) 1/4" TRS/TS (balanced/unbalanced)
- USB (2.0):
- Type-A: Audio playback (WAV/MP3)
- Type-B: Computer connection
- Analog Main Outs:
- (2) Male XLR (balanced/unbalanced)
- (2) 1/4" TRS/TS (balanced/unbalanced)
- Aux Outputs: (4) 1/4" TRS (balanced)
- Analog Main Outs:
- Dimensions: Width - 12.25", Height - 3.25", Depth - 8.40"
- Weight: 4.1 lbs.