About the Bazooka ELA1800
Bazooka's Elevated Listening Series ELA1800 mono subwoofer amplifier comes loaded with all the features you'll need to produce finely tuned bass in your car. Its extruded aluminum heatsink guarantees dependable and efficient operation even under extreme conditions.
This sharp-looking amp produces up to 800 watts RMS so you can enjoy a big dose of bass from your subs. You can use the speaker-level inputs to connect the amp to a factory stereo without needing additional adapters or long patch cables.
Preamp outputs provide easy connections to another amp when it's time to expand your system. Use the low-pass and subsonic filters, phase switch, and bass boost to shape the lows for maximum punch.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 550 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- extruded aluminum heatsink
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- bass boost (6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- subsonic filter (20 Hz)
- phase selector
- speaker-level inputs
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- optional wired remote
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ELA1800
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 30-amp blade fuses (three installed)
- 11" Speaker-level input harness
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Rubber washers
- Installation manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Bazooka ELA1800 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bazooka ELA1800
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
550 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||800 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-250k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Amplifier Class||Not Given|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The Bazooka ELA1800 under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 550 Watts RMS x 1 channel with a signal to noise ratio of 85dB.
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Bazooka ELA1800 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 25 to 250 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
2-Ohm Stable: The Bazooka mono-amplifier is capable of handling load impedances down to 2-ohms; it's rated at 800 Watts RMS x 1 channel into 2 ohms with a maximum output of 1000 Watts peak x 1 channel into 2 ohms.
Parallel Connection: The amplifier is equipped with two pair of speaker terminals, internally wired in parallel for easy connection of two subwoofers.
Low-Pass Filter: The ELA1800 has a built-in 12dB/octave low-pass crossover that is continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz for precise low-pass filtering.
Bass Boost: The amp has a bass boost centered at 45 Hz; the boost level can be set to 0 dB, 6 dB, or 12dB.
Subsonic Filter: This amp features a 20 Hz Subsonic Filter. Ultra-low frequencies that cannot be reproduced by a subwoofer do not become sound but become unnecessary oscillations, which affect sound by causing distortion. These frequencies also waste amplifier power and can cause damage to speakers. Turning the Subsonic filter On removes the frequencies below 20 Hz to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating harmful distortion.
Phase Inverter: The amp has a switch that allows you to invert the phase of the speaker output; select 0° or 180°.
Line Level Inputs: The RCA type line-level inputs have a gain (Input Sensitivity) control. The Input Sensitivity control will accept an input signal of 200mV to 6.0V.
Speaker Level Input: The ELA1800 also comes with a speaker level input harness. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The gain control setting for the speaker-level input ranges from 1.0V to 10.0V.
Line Output: The full range line outputs make it easy to add a second amp, without running a second set of RCA cables.
LED Indicators: The amplifier features Power and Protect LED indicators on the right-hand side of the amplifier. When the amp is turned on the Power indicator lights up green. This indicator will turn off with the amplifier and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode. The Protect LED will illuminate red when the amp goes into protect mode and turn off during normal operation.
DC Protection: This circuit protects the output of the amplifier against DC voltage. If for some reason DC voltage is detected at the output stage, the amplifier will shut down protecting the speakers from direct current.
Short Circuit Protection: This circuit protects the amplifier from damage due to a short found in the speakers or wiring. If one of the speakers or its wiring comes into contact with ground, the amplifier will shut down.
Thermal Protection: To protect the amplifier circuitry against damage caused by prolonged exposure to high temperatures, a thermal protection circuit is activated if the amplifier reaches an excessively high operating temperature. Once the thermal circuit is activated, the amplifier will shut down to cool off. The amplifier will automatically turn back on once it cools down to a safe operating temperature.
Left Side of the Amplifier:
- High Input: 5-pin jack for use with supplied speaker-level input harness
- Line Input: RCA stereo jacks
- Line Output: full range RCA stereo jacks
- Gain: rotary control; allows you to match the input sensitivity of the amplifier to the source unit
- Phase Switch: select 0° or 180°
- Subsonic: turn subsonic filter on/off
- X-Over: rotary control; allows you to adjust the frequency of the low-pass crossover from 50-250 Hz
- Bass Boost: three position switch; set the bass boost to 0 dB, 6 dB, or 12dB
Right Side of the Amplifier:
- +12 (power): set screw terminal; accommodates up to 4 gauge wire; requires 4mm Allen wrench (not included)
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accommodates up to 4 gauge wire; requires 4mm Allen wrench (not included)
- REM (remote turn-on): set screw terminal; accommodates up to 12 gauge wire; requires 2mm Allen wrench (not included)
- Speakers: set screw terminals; accommodate up to 8 gauge wire; require 3mm Allen wrench (not included)
- Fuse: three 30-amp ATO (blade) fuses
- Power LED: illuminates green when the amplifier is on and receiving power
- Protect LED: illuminates red when any of the protection circuits engages