About the Bazooka MBTA8250D
Big bass for the great outdoors
Big bass for the great outdoors
Want to make a big splash with your boat's sound system? Bazooka's marine-ready MBTA8250D 8" amplified Bass Tube puts out powerful bass that'll add low-end punch to your music out on the water. This space-saving sub offers an ideal solution if you don't want to make a lot of modifications to your vessel.
The Bass Tube features an 8" woofer and a built-in Class D 160-watt amp housed in a UV- and moisture-resistant enclosure, and it comes with an installation kit that includes a power/signal harness and mounting straps. Speaker- and preamp-level inputs ensure it can be connected to almost any radio.
An optional wired Remote Bass Control Module gives you independent cockpit volume control of the bass output.
- marine-ready 8" amplified Bass Tube
- waterproof 8" woofer with foam surround
- power output: 160 watts RMS (250 watts peak)
- variable low-pass filter (60-250 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (12 dB/octave at 35 Hz)
- frequency response: 35-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 102 dB
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- 8-9/16"W x 10-1/16"H x 18-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBTA8250D
What's in the box:
- One 8.0" amplified marine tube-style subwoofer with attached grille
- 10" Signal wiring harness
- Power wiring harness (has an 11" power lead and 23" ground lead)
- 1 In-line fuse holder with a 20A fuse (has 4" leads on both sides)
- 2 Yellow butt connectors
- 1 Crimp-on ring
- One 1/2" self-tapping screw
- Two 3' mounting straps (each strap has an attached plastic mounting base)
- Four 1" self-tapping screws
- Installation Manual
Bazooka MBTA8250D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bazooka MBTA8250D
Marine Grade Construction: The MBTA8250D features an 8" waterproof poly woofer. The woofer is powered by a built-in 160-watt (250 watts peak) digital amplifier. The patented Bass Tube enclosure design eliminates bass standing waves for high accuracy, and superior efficiency. The enclosure is certified salt fog and UV resistant for 5 years and the included mounting hardware is stainless steel.
Low-pass Filter: The MBTA8250D has a low-pass filter that can be adjusted from 60 to 250 Hz.
2nd Woofer Output: The MBTA8250D has a high-level output for adding an optional MBT8014 (204MBT8014) passive bass tube to double the bass. The amplifier output increases to 275 watts (peak) when the 2nd woofer is connected.
Remote Level/Crossover Control: Using the optional RBCM-250D remote control (204RBCM250), you can control the bass output level and crossover frequency of the subwoofer from a remote location.
Level Control: There is a rotary control on the rear-panel that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer.
Crossover Control: The unit's rotary control is found on the rear-panel and allows you to adjust the low-pass filter from 60 to 250 Hz.
Power LED: If power, ground and remote are connected properly, the LED on back of the unit will illuminate in green.
Remote Control: Phone-type jack for use with an optional remote control; found on rear-panel
Power Harness: Two quick-slides for use with supplied power harness; found on rear-panel
Signal Harness: 14-pin Molex plug for use with supplied signal harness
Installation: Each mounting strap has an attached mounting base that can be secured to your vehicle using the supplied self-tapping screws. Once the mounting bases are installed, the tube is held in place by the mounting straps. For best results, the tube should be mounted facing into a corner, and there should be 2" to 4" between the woofer and the corner into which the woofer is pointing.
- Power Wire: The 12-gauge power lead is only 11" long, so additional wire is required to extend it to the battery. Additional power wire must be crimped or soldered to the Bazooka's power lead.
- Ground Wire: The 12-gauge ground lead is also only 23" long, and may need to be extended. Additional ground wire must be crimped or soldered to the Bazooka's ground lead.
- Speaker Wire: required only when using the high-level inputs
- RCA Patch Cord: required only when using the low-level inputs
- Remote Turn-on Wire: required to connect the remote turn-on lead to the amplifier turn-on lead of your radio
7 questions already asked