About the Bazooka MGA11500H
Bazooka's Mardi Gras Amps (MGA) keep the good times rolling, as the bass comes marchin' in. The Intelligent Power Management system ensures efficient and trouble-free play, even after long-term, raucous celebrations. This circuit monitors the amplifier's operation and adjusts the output power and fan speeds to optimize the amp's performance and increase longevity.
The MGA11500H will power your sub with up to 1,550 watts RMS of bass thunder. This amp can drive loads as low as 1 ohm, giving you the ability to power a wide variety of sub combinations. The MGA11500H employs special Class H technology that uses extreme fine tuning in the power switching circuitry to acheive maximum output, efficiency, and fidelity.
You can bridge two of these amps together to power a single subwoofer, doubling your power to produce some massive bass. Plus, you get all the tools you need to tailor your lows: bass boost, subsonic filter, low-pass filter, and a phase switch. Sleek covers with an illuminated logo badge help bring visual coolness to your hot ride.
- mono car amplifier
- 810 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,550 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable (1,222 watts RMS x 1 at one ohm)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (30-250 Hz, 12 dB/oct)
- variable bass boost (0-15 dB at 30-125 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (10-80 Hz)
- phase switch
- wired remote level control
- cooling fans
- Class H amp technology
- Intelligent Power Management cooling system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 200-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no on-board fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 200-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 20-5/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 9-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MGA11500H
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- ANL Fuse holder
- 200-amp ANL fuse
- 11" Speaker-level input harness
- Remote bass control
- 20' Remote bass control cable (RJ-25 modular plugs on each end)
- Remote bass control adhesive label
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Rubber washers
- Installation manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Bazooka MGA11500H reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bazooka MGA11500H
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
810 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||2000 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1550 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||25-250 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.3%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||72 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-15 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||30-125 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||200 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The Bazooka MGA11500H under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 810 Watts RMS x 1 channel with a signal to noise ratio of >71dB.
Class H Amplifier: To improve on the efficiency of a Class AB amp, Class H uses a switch mode power supply to vary the rail voltage so less energy is dissipated as heat. The Bazooka MGA11500H is designed specifically to power a subwoofer(s) with a frequency range between 25 and 250 Hz -3 dB. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
1-Ohm Stable: The Bazooka mono-amplifier is capable of handling load impedances down to 1-ohm; it's rated at 1550 Watts RMS x 1 channel into 2 ohms and 1222 Watts RMS x 1 channel into 1 ohm.
Low-Pass Filter: The MGA11500H has a built-in 12dB/octave low-pass crossover that is continuously variable from 30 to 250 Hz for precise low-pass filtering. The internal crossover can also be turned off.
Bass Boost: The amp has a bass boost circuit with adjustable center frequency and boost level. The center frequency is continuously variable from 30 to 125 Hz and the boost level is continuously variable from 0 to 15 dB.
Subsonic Filter: This amp features an adjustable Subsonic Filter. Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by a subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations, which affect sound by causing distortion. These frequencies also waste amplifier power and can cause damage to speakers. The Subsonic Filter's crossover point is continuously variable from 10 to 80 Hz.
Phase Inverter: The amp has a switch that allows you to invert the phase of the speaker output; select in (0°) or out (180°).
Line Level Inputs: The RCA type line-level inputs have a gain (Input Sensitivity) control; the amp will accept input signals of 250mV to 6.0V.
Speaker Level Input: The MGA11500H also comes with a speaker level input harness. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The gain control range for the speaker-level input is 400mV to 12.0V.
Remote Bass Control: The amplifier comes with a wired remote bass control module, allowing you to adjust the volume of the amp from the front of the vehicle. The rotary volume control knob can be mounted in its housing under the dash, or the housing can be removed and the control flush mounted in the dash or console. An adhesive backed label is included for flush mounting. The wired remote measures 1.6" wide x 1.0" tall x 1.7" deep (2.5" including the knob).
Multiple Amplifier Chain: Multiple MGA11500Hs can be daisy chained together using the Slave inputs and outputs. Bass boost and crossover settings for all amps in the chain are made on the Master amp (first in the chain).
Bridged Dual-Amp: Two MGA11500Hs can be bridged together to power one subwoofer, doubling the power to that sub. Bass boost and crossover settings for both amps are made on the Master amp (the one receiving the main input). The minimum impedance in this mode is 2 ohms and the highest power output is with a 4 ohm subwoofer.
Diagnostic Lighting: The amp displays different lighting combinations to indicate various operational conditions; normal operation, thermal protection, over voltage, short circuit, etc.
Thermal Management System: The MGA11500H is equipped the ability to optimize the amplifier's temperature and power output. This circuit monitors the amplifiers operation and automatically adjusts the output power and fan speed to optimize performance as well as long term durability. To maintain cool operation, the fans will speed up when the amplifier reaches high temperatures. If the amplifier reaches maximum temperature and goes into thermal protection, the fans will continue to run until the amplifier cools down.
DC Offset Protection: This circuit protects the output of the amplifier against DC voltage. If for some reason DC voltage is detected at the output stage, the amplifier will shut down protecting the speakers from direct current.
Short Circuit Protection: This circuit protects the amplifier from damage due to a short found in the speakers or wiring. If one of the speakers or its wiring comes into contact with ground, the amplifier will shut down.
Power Wire: While there are no fuses on the chassis of the amp, an in-line fuse holder is included with a 200 amp ANL fuse. The set screw input and output accept bare wire up to 1/0 gauge (no ring terminal required). The holder does not come with clamps, instead it has a mounting base and mounts with four screws (mounting screws not provided).
Left Side of the Amplifier:
- Speaker Input: 5-pin jack for use with supplied speaker-level input harness
- Line Input: stereo RCA jacks
- Slave Input: single RCA jack; used in multi amp configurations
- Slave Output: single RCA jack; used in multi amp configurations
- Gain: match the input sensitivity of the amplifier to the source unit
- Subsonic: set subsonic filter frequency; continuously variable from 10-80 Hz
- Bass Boost Frequency: set the bass boost center frequency; continuously variable from 30-125 Hz
- Bass Boost Level: set the bass boost level; continuously variable from 0 dB to 15 dB
- Crossover Point: continuously variable from 30-250 Hz
- Phase: select in (0°) or out (180°)
- Source: select Normal (main stereo inputs) or Slave (slave input from another amp)
- Remote: RJ-25 jack for use with included wired remote
Right Side of the Amplifier:
- +12 (power): set screw terminal; accommodates up to 4 gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accommodates up to 4 gauge wire
- Turn-On: set screw terminal; accommodates up to 8 gauge wire
- Speaker: set screw terminals; accommodate up to 8 gauge wire