About the Bazooka MGA465
Bazooka's Mardi Gras Amps (MGA) keep the good times rolling, as the music comes marchin' in. This amp's sleek, heavy-duty heatsink and fan cooling system ensure efficient and trouble-free play, even during long-lasting, raucous celebrations.
The MGA465 4-channel amp will power your front and rear speakers with 64 watts RMS each, bringing impact and fullness to all your music. It employs low-distortion amp processing technology to acheive excellent, full-range audio fidelity that keeps all the instruments and every beat sounding clean. Plus, you get the tools you need to tailor your sound: a bass boost, and high- and low-pass filters. The handsome cover sports an illuminated logo badge that'll add visual coolness to your hot ride.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 64 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 170 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/oct)
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class AB amp technology
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 14-3/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 9-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MGA465
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Three 25-amp blade fuses (two installed)
- Two 11" Speaker-level input harnesses
- 11" CHIL harness
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Rubber washers
- Installation manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Bazooka MGA465 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bazooka MGA465
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
64 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||170 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-22 k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.3%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness x 2|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The Bazooka MGA465 under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 64 Watts RMS x 4 channels with a signal to noise ratio of >90dB.
Four Channel Design: The amp is divided into two sections, essentially two 2-channel amps in one chassis; channels 1/2 (front) and channels 3/4 (rear). The front and rear sections have independent inputs (line and speaker level), gain controls, bass boost circuits, and crossover controls.
2-Ohm Stable: The Bazooka MGA465 is capable of handling load impedances down to 2 ohms in stereo (when bridged the minimum impedance is 4 ohms); it's rated at 90 Watts RMS x 4 channels into 2 ohms.
Crossover: The front and rear sections of the amp have their own crossovers; each can be set to LPF (low-pass), Flat, or HPF (high-pass). The slope is 12dB/octave and the crossover points are continuously variable from 50 to 250 Hz.
Bass Boost: The amp has front and rear bass boost circuits centered at 45 Hz; the boost levels can be set to 0 dB, 6 dB, or 12dB.
Line Level Inputs: The RCA type line-level inputs have a gain (Input Sensitivity) control; the amp will accept input signals of 200mV to 6.0V.
Speaker Level Input: The MGA465 also includes front and rear speaker level input harnesses. This makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The gain control range for the speaker-level input is 1.0V to 10.0V.
LED Indicators: The amplifier features Power and Protect LED indicators on the right side of the amplifier and a backlit Bazooka logo on the top. When the amp is turned on the Power indicator lights up green and the Bazooka logo lights up purple. These indicators turn off with the amplifier and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode. The Protect LED will illuminate red when the amp goes into protect mode and turn off during normal operation.
DC Offset Protection: This circuit protects the output of the amplifier against DC voltage. If for some reason DC voltage is detected at the output stage, the amplifier will shut down protecting the speakers from direct current.
Short Circuit Protection: This circuit protects the amplifier from damage due to a short found in the speakers or wiring. If one of the speakers or its wiring comes into contact with ground, the amplifier will shut down.
Thermal Protection: To protect the amplifier circuitry against damage caused by prolonged exposure to high temperatures, a thermal protection circuit is activated if the amplifier reaches an excessively high operating temperature. Once the thermal circuit is activated, the amplifier will shut down to cool off. The amplifier will automatically turn back on once it cools to a safe operating temperature.
Left Side of the Amplifier:
- High Input: front and rear 5-pin jacks for use with supplied speaker-level input harnesses
- Line Input: front and rear RCA stereo jacks
- Gain: front and rear rotary controls; allows you to match the input sensitivity of the amplifier to the source unit
- Bass Boost: front and rear three position switches; set the bass boost to 0 dB, 6 dB, or 12dB
- Crossover Type: front and rear three position switches; LPF (low-pass), Flat (crossover bypassed), or HPF (high-pass)
- Crossover Point: front and rear rotary controls; continuously variable from 50-250 Hz
Right Side of the Amplifier:
- +12 (power): screw terminal; accommodates bare wire or spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- GND (ground): screw terminal; accommodates bare wire or spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal; accommodates bare wire or spade connector up to 0.35" wide
- Speakers: screw terminals; accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.35" wide
- Fuse: two 25-amp ATO (blade) fuses
- CHIL: 2-pin jack for use with supplied CHIL harness
- Power LED: illuminates green when the amplifier is on and receiving power
- Protect LED: illuminates red when any of the protection circuits engage