About the Yak Power YP-LEDK-B210
Light up your kayak
Light up your kayak
Adding light to a kayak used to involve duct tape and a flashlight. And probably another flashlight to replace the first one after it goes overboard. And so on and so on, plus more duct tape. Not anymore, though. Yak Power's innovative LED lighting makes it easy to light up your nighttime outings.
Easy to install
Yak-Power's patent pending Through Hull 12-volt connectors and plug-and-play wiring make the installation process remarkably easy. Just drill a hole, screw in the Through Hull connector, plug the lights in, and fire 'em up. These compression-molded LED light strips have a silicone-encased connector plug that plugs into the Through Hull connector, so there's no cutting, no splicing, no caulking, and no leaks. Just clear, blue LED light that'll really help with night vision. The kit comes with plug-and-play SAE connectors to ensure a stress-free connection to any Yak Power system
Choose 10-inch or 20-inch lengths. Also available in Green.
- easy-to-install LED light kit for kayaks
- marine-rated, compression-molded LED light strips
- patent-pending Through Hull connectors
- includes plug-and-play SAE connectors
- choose 10" or 20" kits
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YP-LEDK-B210
What's in the box:
- Two 10" LED light strips
- Two 12' Through-Hull cables
- 4.5" SAE-to-3.5mm Y-adapter
- 2 Screws
- 8mm Allen-wrench
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yak Power YP-LEDK-B210
LED Light Strip Kit: Yak Power's LED Light Strips are designed for maximum performance, ease of installation, and reliability. Each strip features Super Bright LEDs that are fully encapsulated, and compression molded with a silicone encased connector plug that plugs directly into a Through Hull connector. All wiring is complete with Yak-Power plug-and-play SAE connectors for easy integration into any Yak-Power system. These LED Light Strips are fully submersible (IP68 rated) and UV resistant. Available in 10' and 20' lengths.
- Blue LEDs: Blue is better for night vision and is commonly used for interior lighting and exterior lighting when attracting bait is not a priority.
- 10" & 20" Lengths: Available in 10' and 20' lengths.
- All Yak Power plug-and-play accessories are specifically designed to work together while maintaining the correct battery polarity throughout the entire Yak-Power system. Use of other aftermarket connectors or splicing other connectors into the Yak Power system may cause damage to the system or to the accessories connected to the system and void your warranty.
- All SAE connectors are not exactly alike. Yak Power uses our own custom tooled, high tolerance, very snug fitting connectors with larger gauge real copper wire to insure a quality, weatherproof, and reliable connection.
- Always make sure the Yak Power plug-and-play accessories are completely pushed together when connecting the system together.
- Always pay attention to the actual wire colors of all Yak-Power accessory cables to insure that the Red (+) wire is always connecting to the Red (+) wire on the connector into which it is being plugged.
Wiring: The 3.5mm plugs of the LED Light strips are inserted into the through hull fitting cables. The 3.5mm connectors on the other end of the through hull fitting cables plug into the included SAE Y-splitter. The SAE end of the Y-splitter can be attached to power by using any of the following Yak Power components - Power Panel switching system (YP-RP5R), Power Pack battery box (YP-BBK), or Battery Terminal pig tails (YP-BTP12 or YP-BTP96).
Note: For maximum protection, apply dielectric grease (not included) to the 3.5mm connectors on the LED light strips.
Mounting Options: The LED light strips are secured in place with 3M tape and mounting screws (you want them to be 1" above the waterline). Use a 1/2" drill bit to drill mounting hole for the through hull fitting cable, making sure there is at least 1.75" of clearance behind the hull (if not the through hull fitting will not seat properly). Place the through hull fitting in hole making sure fitting is perpendicular to the hull. Use the 8 mm allen wrench to tighten fitting until snug (over tightening fitting will cause fitting to leak or threads to strip out). You may also use silicone on the threads if concerned with the chance of leakage.
- You do not want to be able to see the lights from your seated position. If LEDs are mounted where you can see them, it will cause you problems with your night vision while fishing.
- Use only the supplied allen wrench to install hull fittings. Using a different wrench or electric screw gun can cause damage to your kayak or the hull fittings.