About the Kicker 10ZX1500.1
If you're one of those people who won't settle for second best, then you'll really like the way Kicker ZX amps play your music. This Kicker 10ZX1500.1 mono subwoofer amp employs a highly-efficient Class D design that delivers the awesome power needed to drive high-performance subwoofers to perfection, while drawing much less power than the typical Class AB amp.
Competition-level power for your subs
Your days of suffering with subwoofer distortion are over. The Kicker 10ZX1500.1 can pump up to 1500 watts RMS to your sub system for thunderous, ultra-clean low-frequency punch that'll really grab the attention of competition judges, passengers, and anyone else nearby. And it's not all about volume you can control the shape of the bass with the low-pass filter and bass boost to get the best fit for your sub, your enclosure, and your vehicle. A wired remote level control lets you adjust the sub's level from the driver's seat.
Balanced differential inputs prevent noise from entering your system, and also allow you to wire ZX amps to almost any receiver. This ZX amp is so dependable that Kicker normally warranties it for two years, but they'll extend that warranty to three years if you purchase the appropriate Kicker amp wiring kit with it.
Important Note: Kicker recommends an alternator with a minimum 140-ampere output capacity, at least one extra battery located within 50" of the amplifier, and an extra fuse located within 18" of the extra battery. You should keep all power and ground feeds as short as possible, and use 12-, 10-, or 8-gauge speaker wire.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 750 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- switchable subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Class D technology (frequency response: 25-200 Hz)
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- wired remote level control included
- 1/0-gauge power and ground leads and a 150-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 150-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 20"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with the Kicker 09PKD1 multi-amp wiring kit
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 10zx15001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- ZXRC remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 19' Phone cable (RJ-14 connector on each end)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certificate
Kicker 10ZX1500.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 10ZX1500.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
750 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||55 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||150 amp (not included)|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years*|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years*|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX1500.1's power and signal to noise ratio ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the output ratings of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The manual lists two signal to noise ratios:
- CEA 2006 compliant: 55 dB (ref: 1W, A-weighted)
- At rated Power: >95 dB (A-weighted)
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX1500.1 has one pair of RCA inputs which will accept either high or low level signals. The unit has an input level switch that allows you to select a low- or high-level input; a low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs; attach RCA plugs onto the speaker wire (adapter item number 136XDCLR2S) and set the input level switch to HI.
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes; select from:
- Remote Turn-on: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset Turn-on: the DC offset mode detects a 6-volt DC offset from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on; if remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice; the REM terminal will have +12V out for turning on an additional amplifier
- Signal Sense Turn-on: detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns the amp on; will not work if the input gain control is not set properly; the REM terminal will have +12V out for turning on an additional amplifier
Protection Circuitry: The ZX1500.1's protection circuitry guards against damage and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter is continually adjustable from 50 to 200 Hz and has a slope of 24dB per octave. The low-pass filter cannot be bypassed.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 25 Hz, and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
Bass Boost: The ZX1500.1's bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz. The bass boost circuit is continuously adjustable from 0 to 18dB.
Remote Bass Level Control: The included ZXRC Remote Bass Level Control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from anywhere in the vehicle. A 19' cable is included and when attached to the mounting bracket, the Remote Bass Level Control has the following dimensions:
- Width: 2.212"
- Height: 1.193"
- Depth: 1.727" (2.367" including the knob and cable)
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 1/0 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 12 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 1/0 gauge wire)
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button (Low, High)
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals (accept up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks; live when using line or speaker level inputs; not affected by internal crossover
- Remote Bass: RJ-14 jack for use with the included ZXRC remote bass level control
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 1/0-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.
Note: The ZX1500.1 has no onboard fuses; a 150 amp fuse must be added to the power input to protect the amp.
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 2 years parts and labor. If the amp is installed using a qualifying Kicker amplifier wiring kit, in this case item number 20609PKD1, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor. The amp and wiring kit must be purchased on the same invoice from an authorized Kicker dealer (Crutchfield for example) and the warranty extension is only valid in the USA.