About the Kicker 11DX200.4
Boost your music's power
Boost your music's power
For some people, great music is what makes life worth living. Kicker built their DX200.4 4-channel amp to send 25 watts RMS to each of your car's speakers — about double the power of most factory and many aftermarket receivers — so you can feel the musical joy too. And all from an amp with a footprint less than the size of a piece of computer paper.
You can also switch this versatile amp into 2-channel mode to run a pair of high-performance components with 100 watts RMS of goodness each. You can harness this power with built-in high- and low-pass filters that tailor the notes to fit your speakers. Independent front and rear bass boosts lets you add some extra bump to your tunes.
Isolates and eliminates noise
You want lots of power for your speakers, but this Kicker DX amp gives you something extra — clean power. Kicker's FIT™ — Fail-Safe Integration Technology — rejects noise from alternators, audio/video gear, and other car electronics for crisp, clean operation, and accepts a wide range of signals so you can hook up the DX200.4 to almost any stereo.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 25 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (50 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 100 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- selectable low-pass filters (80 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- selectable high-pass filters (100 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boosts (0, 9 dB at 40 Hz)
- Class AB amp technology
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- 10-1/2"W x 2-1/4"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11DX2004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-Amp ATO blade fuses (1 installed/1 spare)
- Two 4-gauge crimp-on barrier spade connectors
- Eight 12-gauge crimp-on barrier spade connectors
- One 14-gauge crimp-on barrier spade connector
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 16-22 Gauge butt connectors
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
Kicker 11DX200.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 11DX200.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
25 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||100 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0, 9 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA (adapter req)|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Kicker DX200.4's power and signal to noise ratio are measured according to CEA 2006 standards (Consumer Electronics Association). These standards allow you to accurately compare the specifications of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they are different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The rated power output is 25 watts RMS x 4 channels into 4Ω (20 Hz-20 kHz, <1% THD+N). While the CEA 2006 S/N is 85 dB (measured at 1 watt), the S/N at rated power is >95 dB.
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The DX200.4 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (power input), under voltage (power input), short circuit (speaker output), and over current (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the left side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT): To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the DX200.4 utilizes Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT), offering isolated differential inputs for significant noise reduction, and compatibility with virtually any factory radio.
Speaker Level Input: High level inputs can be used when the source device doesn't have preamp level outputs. The same RCA inputs on the amp are used for either speaker level or line level connections. When a speaker level signal is used, speaker wire to RCA adapters are needed (item number 206KISL, sold separately) and the Input Level should be set to High.
Gain Control: The front and rear sections of the amp have independent input gain controls. With the Input Level Control switch at the appropriate setting, you can set the rotary Gain Control to match the output of the source unit. The Gain Controls are adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver and can be set between 0 and 11.
Input Level: The input level control is switchable; when set to Low, the amp can accommodate a line level input signal of 125mV-5V, on High, the amp will accept a 250mV-10V speaker level signal.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: the amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker level source); in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected; in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
Crossover: The front and rear amplifier channels have independent crossover settings and can be set for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The low-pass crossover points are 80 Hz and the high-pass crossover points are 100 Hz; the crossover slope is 18 dB per octave.
KICKEQ Bass Boost: The front and rear amplifier channels have independent bass boost switches (on/off). The bass boost circuits provide a +9 dB signal boost at 40 Hz.
Fader: When powering four speakers and using both the front and rear inputs, turn the fader switch On to maintain front/rear fader control.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.325" wide
- GND (ground): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- Speaker Outputs: four pair of screw terminals; accept spade connectors up to 0.325" wide
- Fuse: 30-amp ATO fuse (factory installed)
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: two pair of RCA input jacks, front and rear
Extended Warranty: Kicker will add a year to the standard two year warranty (for a total of three years) when any matching Kicker amplifier wiring kit is used with this amp (8 gauge minimum). Both the amp and wiring kit should be purchased on the same order and the usual warranty limitations apply (covers manufacturing defects, must be purchased from an authorized Kicker dealer, etc.).
The Kicker 11DX200.4 replaces these items
- 100 watts RMS x 2 bridged
- switchable high-and low-pass filters
- preamp inputs (adapter required for speaker-level inputs)
- 175 watts RMS x 2 bridged
- variable high-pass/low-pass filters
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
1 question already asked