About the Kicker 12CX1200.1
Mega-power for your bass
Leave it to Kicker to come up with an economical way to get massive amounts of bass in your ride. Their CX1200.1 amplifier delivers up to 1200 watts RMS to your subwoofer — that's a very strong watts-per-dollar ratio. And they don't cut any corners building this amp, using oversized transistors, special transformers, and a heavy-duty heat sink to bring you awesome power that won't fade when you push your system hard.
Control over your bass
Kicker includes a low-pass filter to keep high frequencies away from your sub, a fixed subsonic filter that protects your sub from inaudible, power-devouring ultra-low frequencies, and a variable bass boost that allows you to add some kick to the mix. An optional wired remote bass level controller is available so you can crank the bass up or down from the front seat.
Includes hardware for vertical mounting
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
Kicker uses their Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) to keep this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you'll get a clean signal from almost any system, even a factory radio. Rugged metal end panels provide even more shielding from radiated interference. The CX1200.1 also comes with hardware that lets you mount it vertically, so it'll take up very little floor space and look ultra-cool.
CX1200.1 control panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- frequency response: 25-200 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- balanced differential inputs and Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp outputs for connection to another amp
- optional remote bass level controller available
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 150-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 150-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- 12-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 12CX12001
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- 2 Vertical mounting brackets
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
Kicker 12CX1200.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 12CX1200.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||2400 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1200 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||70 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Gain: The rotary gain control is continuously variable from 125 mV to 5 V when the Input Sensitivity switch is set to Low and 250 mV to 10 V when the Input Sensitivity switch is set to High.
Input Level Switch: Set the input level switch to Lo when using a preamp level input signal and Hi when using a speaker level input signal.
Crossover: The crossover is always engaged (cannot be bypassed). The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz and the slope is 12 dB per octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter is fixed at 25 Hz and 24 dB per octave.
Auto Turn-on: The amp offers two automatic turn-on modes:
- +12V: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset: turns the amp on when a 6-volt DC offset is detected at the high-level speaker inputs when the source unit is turned on
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB and centered at 40 Hz.
CXARC Remote Bass Control: The sub output level can be controlled remotely using the optional CXARC wired remote bass control (sold separately)
Vertical Mounting: The amp can be mounted vertically using the included brackets. The vertical dimensions are approximately:
- Width: 12-7/8"
- Height: 7-1/4"
- Depth: 2-3/8"
Signal to Noise Ratio: The S/N under CEA-2006 compliant conditions (1 watt output) is 70 dBA. The S/N at rated power is 95 dB.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): set screw terminal; will accept bare wire up to 4-gauge
- REM (remote turn-on): set screw terminal; will accept bare wire up to 8-gauge
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; will accept bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Speaker Outputs: terminal strip with two pair of subwoofer outputs; the two outputs are internally shorted together, making it easy to wire two subwoofers; accept spade connectors up to 0.325" wide
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with an internal fuse. An external 150-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If the system has only this amp and a wiring kit is used that includes a fuse with a value other than 150-amps, the original should be replaced with a 150-amp fuse.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Input: one pair of stereo RCA input jacks; also used for speaker level input (item number 206KiSL needed, sold separately)
- RCA Output: one pair of stereo RCA output jacks; line level output when using either preamp or speaker level inputs
- Remote Bass: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the optional CXARC wired remote bass level control
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 4-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.
The Kicker 12CX1200.1 replaces these items
11 questions already asked