About the Kicker 12CX300.4
Power for your speakers
Power for your speakers
Kicker's CX300.4 4-channel amplifier delivers 40 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, or you can drive a couple of subs with up to 150 watts RMS each in 2-channel mode. And they don't cut any corners building this amp, using oversized transistors, special transformers, and a heavy-duty heat sink to bring you reliable power that won't fade when you push your system hard. Built-in high- and low-pass filters help you sculpt the sound to get the most out of your system, while variable bass boosts allow you to add some low-end punch to your front and rear channels separately.
Kicker includes hardware for vertical mounting.
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
Kicker uses their Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) to keep this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you'll get a clean signal from almost any system, even a factory radio. Rugged metal end panels provide even more shielding from radiated interference. The CX300.4 also comes with hardware that lets you you mount it vertically, so you can put it in a location that takes up very little floor space and looks ultra-cool.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- separate variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave) for front and rear channels
- separate variable bass boosts (0-12 dB at 40 Hz) for front and rear channels
- frequency response: 10-20K Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (optional wire adapter required for speaker-level inputs)
- balanced differential inputs and Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- 13-1/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 12CX3004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 2 Vertical mounting brackets
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
Kicker 12CX300.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 12CX300.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
40 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Kicker CX300.4's power ratings are measured under conditions approved by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Auto Turn-on: The amp offers two automatic turn-on modes:
- +12V: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset: turns the amp on when a 6-volt DC offset is detected at the high-level speaker inputs when the source unit is turned on
Vertical Mounting: The amp can be mounted vertically using the included brackets. The vertical dimensions are approximately:
- Width: 13-1/4"
- Height: 7-1/4"
- Depth: 2-3/8"
Signal to Noise Ratio: The S/N under CEA-2006 compliant conditions (1 watt output) is 75 dBA. The S/N at rated power is 95 dB.
Input Level Switch: Set the input level switch to Lo when using preamp level input signals and Hi when using speaker level input signals.
Fader: When your source unit has discrete front and rear outputs, set the fader switch to on. Turn the fader switch off to send a single stereo input to both the front and rear amps.
Gain: The front and rear sections of the amplifier (Amp1 and Amp2) have independent rotary gain controls, continuously variable from 125 mV to 5 V when the Input Level switch is set to Low and 250 mV to 10 V when the Input Level switch is set to High.
Crossover: The front and rear sections of the amplifier also have independent crossover circuits:
- Mode: three position switch; Off (crossover bypassed), Hi (high-pass), an Lo (low-pass)
- Frequency: continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz; the slope is 12 dB per octave
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB and centered at 40 Hz. The front and rear amps have separate bass boost controls.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): terminal strip; accepts spade connectors up to 0.5" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): terminal strip; accepts spade connectors up to 0.325" wide
- GND (ground): terminal strip; accepts spade connectors up to 0.5" wide
- Speaker Outputs: terminal strip with four pair of outputs; accepts spade connectors up to 0.325" wide
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with an internal fuse. An external 60-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If the system has only this amp and a wiring kit is used that includes a fuse with a value other than 60-amps, the original should be replaced with a 60-amp fuse.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: two pair of stereo RCA inputs (Amp1 and Amp2); also used for speaker level input (up to two of item number 206KiSL needed, sold separately)
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using an 8-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.
The Kicker 12CX300.4 replaces these items
9 questions already asked