About the Kicker 46CK8
This kit delivers all the power and signal your system needs
This kit delivers all the power and signal your system needs
Your amplifier needs hefty power and ground wiring in order to deliver the big power you want. Kicker's CK8 amp wiring kit includes the power, ground, turn-on, and signal wiring for any amplifier with a fuse rating of up to 60 amperes. This kit is suitable for an amplifier or amp system with a total output of about 400 watts RMS for Class AB amps or about 600 watts RMS for Class D amps.
Includes patch cable and speaker wire
The CK8 kit includes a 16.4-foot, 2-channel twisted pair patch cable that'll send the signal reliably from the receiver to your amp with minimal noise. Also, Kicker provides 12 feet of 12-gauge speaker wire, enough to take care of a couple of speakers or subs in most installations. Kicker makes all their wires from oxygen-free copper so you can count on maximum power and signal transfer with minimum resistance or interference.
- amplifier wiring kit
- cables meet or exceed the American Wire Gauge specifications and requirements
- 17 feet of 8-gauge blue power cable with attached ring terminal and protective wire loom
- 4 feet of 8-gauge gray ground cable with attached ring terminal
- 17 feet of 16-gauge clear turn-on lead wire
- 16.4-foot 2-channel twisted pair RCA patch cable
- 12 feet of 12-gauge speaker wire
- AFS fuse holder and 60-amp fuse
- assortment of wire termination hardware and cable ties
- extends your Kicker amplifier's warranty by one year, if purchased along with the amp
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46CK8
What's in the box:
- 17' Length of 8-gauge blue power wire (ring terminal on one end)
- 4' Length of 8-gauge gray ground wire (ring terminal on one end)
- 17' Length of 16-gauge silver remote wire
- 16.4' 2-channel RCA patch cable
- 12' Length of 12-gauge speaker wire
- FHS fuse holder with 60-amp AFS fuse installed
- 8-Gauge firewall grommet
- Six 6" wire ties
- Self-tapping hex-head bolt
- Flat washer
- Four 12-gauge fork terminals (with 2 blue and 2 black terminal boots)
- 18-22 Gauge butt connector
Kicker 46CK8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 46CK8
Overview: The Kicker CK8 amplifier wiring kit includes the power, ground, and signal cables, as well as the accessories you'll need for installing a single amplifier. This 2-channel amp kit includes the following:
- Power Wire: This 17' 8-gauge Kicker full-spec power cable features cobalt blue Virgin Hyper-Flex PVC insulation. The cable features 735 strands of 100% oxygen-free copper (OFC) to give you more voltage to your amplifier, compared to the less expensive Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire used by some manufacturers. More voltage in means more power output from your amplifier. The Hyper-Flex jacket is built to resist temperature extremes and exposure to oil and gas. The power wire has a ring terminal on one end, with a braided protective sleeve over the first 4 feet of cable. The cable is marked for cutting to install the included fuse holder. It is CEA-2015 and BC5W2 compliant.
- Ground Wire: The 4' 8-gauge Kicker ground cable has the same specs as the power wire, but with a gray Hyper-Flex jacket. It has a ring terminal installed on one end.
- Remote Wire: The 17-foot silver remote wire contains 16-gauge stranded wire, and comes in a sleek clear jacket.
- Fuse Holder: The Kicker FHS fuse holder installs on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The fuse holder features brass hardware and will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The wires and fuse are held in place with set screws that require a 3mm hex bit or Allen wrench (not included). The fuse holder has a 60-amp AFS fuse installed. Dimensions: Width 1.35", Height 1.316", Length 3.117".
- Interconnects: The kit includes a 16.4-foot (5 meter), 2-channel K-series audio interconnect cable. The cable features split-pin RCA plugs with silver-tinned OFC wire for maximum signal transfer. The twisted-pair cables effectively reject noise from entering the signal path. The ergonomically shaped K-Grip dual-mold connectors are easy to grip, while the smooth, low friction jacket reduces snags.
- Speaker Wire: The 12-foot Q-series 12-gauge speaker wire features 294 strands of silver-tinned OFC wire in a twisted-pair configuration to reject system and engine noise. The flexible PVC jacket is made with two distinct shapes (square and round) and two different colors to differentiate the positive and negative conductors.
- Installation Accessories: The CK8 amp wiring kit includes the following accessories needed for the installation:
- Self-tapping Grounding Bolt: You'll need to sand a 1/2" diameter area to bare metal for the grounding point. The 1" long self-tapping ground bolt secures the ground cable's ring terminal to the vehicle's metal chassis. A flat washer is also included.
- Firewall Grommet: This plastic grommet protects the power wire as it passes from the engine compartment through the firewall. It keeps any sharp edges from cutting through the power cable's jacket and causing a short.
- Spade Terminals: Four fork-type spade terminals are included for terminating the speaker wire to the amplifier. These crimp connectors are for 12-gauge wire, and come with color-coded rubber boots for identifying the positive and negative conductors.
- Butt Connector: The included crimp-type butt connector allows you to splice the head unit's remote (turn-on) wire to the included remote wire. The connector fits 18-22 gauge wires.
- Wire Ties: Six 6" wire ties ("zip ties") are included for securing wires, keeping them out of the way for a clean install.
Warranty Extension: Purchasing and installing a Kicker amplifier with a qualifying Kicker complete amplifier wiring kit will extend the amplifier warranty by one additional year.
The Kicker 46CK8 replaces these items
- 8-gauge power and ground cables
- 2-channel twisted pair RCA patch cable
- 40 feet of speaker wire, 60-amp fuse, and assorted hardware
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked