About the Kicker 46CXA660.5
Power-up your whole system
Power-up your whole system
Do you like your music loud and clear? Kicker's CXA660.5 five-channel amplifier can put out 65 watts to each of your front and rear speakers, plus up to 300 watts RMS for your subwoofer. You could also use this amp to drive a pair of high-performance speakers or components with 180 watts RMS each from bridged channels, and the sub with 300 watts.
Tone controls for the best sound
Separate high-pass filters on the front and rear channels help you sculpt the sound to get the most out of your speakers. A variable low-pass and a fixed subsonic filter help you tune the bass for your sub, enclosure, and vehicle, while a variable bass boost allows you to add some low-end punch. An optional wired remote lets you conveniently adjust the subwoofer level from your front seat.
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) keeps this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you can tap into your speaker wires for a signal without a worry. A 3-second turn-on/turn-off delay eliminates system pops and other noises. The CXA660.5 comes with hardware that lets you mount it vertically, so you can put it in a location that takes up very little floor space and looks cool too.
CXA660.5 input and control panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 4 + 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- front and rear channels:
- Class AB amp technology
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- variable high-pass filter (10-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subwoofer channel:
- Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 25-200 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker-level inputs require speaker wire to RCA adapters
- optional remote bass level controller available for sub channel
- 3-second delay for turn-on and turn-off
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 14-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Kicker 4-gauge wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46CXA6605
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- 2 Vertical mounting brackets
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Owner's manual
- Power chart
- Certified Power certificate
More details on the Kicker 46CXA660.5
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
65 x 4 |
150 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||180 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The CXA 660.5 5-channel amplifier is effectively three amps built into one chassis, two full range 2-channel amps labeled Amp 1 and Amp 2, and a mono amp labeled Sub. Each pair of full range channels is bridgeable, so it can be wired as 5-channel, 4-channel, or 3-channel. Kicker uses a Class A/B design for the full range channels and Class D for the subwoofer channel.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output:
- Full Range Channels: 65 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Subwoofer Channel: 150 watts RMS x 1 into 4Ω (25-200 Hz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- Power Output:
- Full Range Channels:
- 2Ω: 90 watts RMS x 4 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- Bridged (4Ω): 180 watts RMS x 2 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- Subwoofer Channel:
- 2Ω: 300 watts RMS x 1 (14.4 volts, ≤1.5% THD+N)
- Full Range Channels:
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 90 dB (at rated power output)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select high (speaker-level) or low (line-level)
- Input Gain Control: independent rotary gain controls for the front (Amp 1), rear (Amp 2), and Sub channels; continuously variable from 250mV to 10V with the input level switch set to low; 1V to 40V with the input level switch set to high
- Crossovers: separate crossover controls for the front, rear, and sub channels; front and rear rotary controls range from Off to 200 Hz (high pass); sub rotary control from 50Hz to 200Hz (low pass); the slope is 12 dB/octave for all three
- Fader: 2-position switch; turn on when using dedicated front and rear inputs; leave off when only using one pair of inputs
- Sub Input: 2-position switch; Sub when using a dedicated subwoofer input, Amp 2 without a subwoofer input
- KickEQ Bass Boost: increase the subwoofer channel bass level between 0dB and +6dB via the rotary control; centered at 40Hz
Subsonic Filter: The amplifier's sub channel features a non-defeatable 25Hz Subsonic Filter with a 24dB/octave slope. The Subsonic Filter rolls off extremely low frequencies that can't be cleanly reproduced by the amplifier and subwoofers. This reduces distortion and helps the amp run more efficiently.
Mounting: The CX Series amplifiers can be mounted vertically, if desired, with the included mounting brackets. When mounted vertically, the dimensions are:
- Height: 6⅞"
- Length: 14⅝"
- Width: 2⅜"
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>2.5 volts) on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Wire Connections: The CXA660.5 has set screw terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended), and the turn-on lead will accept up to 8-gauge (18-gauge recommended). The set screws are loosened/tightened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench. The speaker outputs are slotted, screw-down terminals, which will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors. The speaker slots are 0.335" wide.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit and an 80-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Input Signal: The CXA660.5 accepts either high (speaker-level) or low (line-level) input signals on the three pair of RCA inputs (Amp 1, Amp 2, Sub), selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker-level to RCA adapter. The input sensitivity is 250mV-10V (low) or 1V-40V (high).
Optional Wired Remote: The optional CXARC wired remote can be added to remotely control the subwoofer channel output level of the amplifier. The CXARC's control knob can be mounted near the driver's seat, and the control's cable extended to the amplifier location.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.