About the Kicker 46HDS144
When you get your motor running and head out on the highway, it's always nice to be able to hear your soundtrack. Kicker's HDS144 kit includes a weather-proof amplifier and speaker set, specially designed to fit right into 2014-up Electra Glide, Street Glide, Ultra Glide, and Trikes with the Bat Wing fairing.
Thanks to the included wiring harness, installation is hassle-free. The wires are cut to length, pre-terminated, sheathed, and ready to plug into Harley-Davidson factory connectors, so you'll be rockin' down the road in no time. Just hook up power and ground, and you're all set.
The package includes a pair of Kicker PSC652 6-1/2" 2-way speakers that match your Harley's bolt pattern without modification. With power handling up to 60 watts RMS, you'll get outstanding sound that really cuts through road and wind noise. Rugged poly woofers, titanium tweeters, and a water-resistant design ensure years of great performance.
The package also includes mesh grilles with the Kicker logo, so they'll add a cool custom look to your Harley-Davidson.
A compact amp with impressive power
The 4-channel Kicker PXA300.4 amplifier is lightweight, weather-resistant, and sends up to 75 watts RMS to each speaker without putting a strain on your battery. Kicker adds a built-in crossover and gain control for the most accurate sound possible. It's ultra-efficient and designed to run cool in tight spaces, so it's an ideal motorcycle amp. Installation is easy too, thanks to the included stainless steel bracket.
Installation note: The factory radio will need to be re-flashed by the dealership or shop in order for it to recognize the amplifier.
- amplifier/speaker system for select 2014-up Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- package includes 4-channel amplifier, pair of 6-1/2" speakers, grilles, and wiring harnesses
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer with Santoprene rubber surround
- bridge-mounted 3/4" titanium dome tweeter
- grilles included
- sensitivity: 92.5 dB
- impedance: 2 ohms
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- handles up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak power)
- top-mount depth: 2"
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohm (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohm)
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- high-pass filter (selectable off, 60, 80, or 120 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- weather-resistant design
- 7-13/16"W x 1-9/16"H x 2-9/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46HDS144
What's in the box:
- This package contains 3 individually boxed items along with parts in the main box:
- Main Box:
- Amplifier mounting plate
- 7' Wiring harness w/ inline 20A mini ATC fuse
- Dummy load plug
- Three 24mm hex-socket screws
- Four 12mm hex-socket screws
- 3 Flat washers
- 3 Large Nylock nuts
- 4 Small Nylock nuts
- Two 8" wire-ties
- Six 6" wire-ties
- Warranty sheet w/ dealer code
- 46HDSG Grilles:
- 2 "Bat Wing" Grilles
- Installation guide
- PXA300.4 Amplifier:
- Four-channel amplifier
- 12" Input harness (8-pin Molex plug on one end and 4 female RCAs on other end)
- 7" Speaker output/remote turn-on harness (10-pin Molex plug)
- In-line MAXI fuse holder on 8-gauge wire
- 40A MAXI blade fuse (installed)
- Power and ground terminal adapter
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Two 11-7/8" plastic wire ties
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Ger/Fren)
- PSC652 Speakers:
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Honda gaskets
- 2 Harley-Davidson gaskets
- 2 Kicker logo grille badges
- Two 12" Lengths of speaker wire (tinned bare wire on one end and female quick slides on the other)
- 4 Red plastic crimp connectors
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 46HDS144
Overview: The Kicker 46HDS144 audio upgrade kit is designed for 2014-up Harley-Davidson Electra Glide, Street Glide, Ultra Glide, and Trikes with Bat Wing Fairing. The kit includes a 4 x 50W amplifier, that mounts to the factory radio assembly with the provided bracket, replacement front 6-1/2" speakers with grilles, and a pre-made wiring harness specifically designed to integrate all provided parts into the factory wiring. The 46HDS144 weather-proof upgrade kit is loud and clear enough to be heard over road and wind noise, yet compact enough to be tucked away out of sight.
- Note: The factory radio will need to be "flashed" in order to recognize the new amplifier. This can be done by a Harley-Davidson authorized dealer, or with the optional Kicker TRHDP Radio Flash Programmer (sold separately).
Amp Overview: PXA series amplifiers are designed for motorized vehicles with small battery/charging systems; Kicker's new Direct Amp Technology uses the vehicle's charging system as its power supply, offering 90-percent efficiency. Little ventilation is required and with its small footprint, the PXA300.4 includes a mounting plate that allows the amp to mount to the factory radio assembly.
Power Output: The PXA300.4 is a 4-channel amplifier designed to output 50 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4Ω (<1% THD+N), 75 watts RMS x 4 channels at 2Ω (< 1% THD+N), and 150 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4Ω bridged.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier include rotary gain controls for Channels 1&2 and 3&4, and 7 DIP switches. The DIP switches, located on the bottom of the amp under a rubber cover, can select the following:
- High Pass Crossover (Ch 1&2): 60Hz, 80Hz, 100 Hz, 120Hz or off, based on the configuration of two DIP switches
- High Pass Crossover (Ch 3&4): 60Hz, 80Hz, 100 Hz, 120Hz or off, based on the configuration of two DIP switches
- Fader: select On if running two sets of inputs, or Off if driving all channels with a single stereo input
- Input Level: select high (speaker level) or low (line level)
- Auto Turn-on: select 12V (amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote wire in the harness) or DC (amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected from a speaker level source)
Input Signal: The PXA300.4 is capable of receiving either high- or low-level input signals, and you can select the input type on the end of the amp (DIP Switch #6). The 2 included input harnesses for the amp, speaker-level and RCA level, but won't be required for this install since the main wiring harness includes a speaker-level harness that interfaces the factory wiring and plugs directly into the amplifier. The Input Sensitivity is 250mV-10.0V (High Level), while the Low Level Input Sensitivity is 125mV-5.0V.
Power Wiring: The included power and ground wires from the main harness can be inserted into the amplifier input-adapter and tightened with a flat or Phillips head screwdriver. The adapter then plugs directly into the amplifier. An in-line fuse holder with a 40A MAXI fuse is included with the amp. A pre-crimped ring terminal on the main power wire allows for easy attachment to the battery, and includes an inline 20A mini ATC fuse.
Speaker Output/Turn-on Lead: The speaker output wires and the amp turn-on lead are located on the same plug-in harness. Four pairs of 16-gauge speaker output wires are provided that connect directly into the factory wiring. A blue turn-on lead is pre-installed with the speaker-level input harness, for a direct connection from the radio's harness to the amplifier. A dummy load plug is provided to plug into the rear speaker output wiring, if no rear speakers are present on the bike.
Differential Audio: The differential audio circuit reduces the likelihood of picking up any engine noise, and helps lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).
Weather Resistant: The PXA Amps are weather-resistant, using a conformal-coated circuit board for protection against the elements. They also include no-rust stainless-steel mounting hardware.
Speaker Overview: The included Kicker PSC652 6-1/2" 2Ω speakers are designed to mount in the factory fairing locations and provide crisp, clean sound, even through a helmet.
Weatherproof Design: Featuring titanium tweeters and neodymium magnets, the PSC652 speakers are constructed with high-grade components to withstand the elements.
Power Handling: The PSC652 speakers can handle up to 60W RMS (120W peak power), making them a perfect match for the PXA300.4 amplifier.
The Kicker 46HDS144 replaces these items
- package includes amplifier, pair of 6-1/2" speakers, grilles, and wiring harnesses
- polypropylene woofer with Santoprene surround
- power at 2 ohms: 50 watts x 2