About the Kicker 46HS10
Bigger bass for your small space
Bigger bass for your small space
When Kicker created the original Hideaway™ compact HS8 powered sub, they wanted to make a subwoofer that could fit almost anywhere and still deliver the performance that made Kicker famous. The HS10 sub adds the extra punch of a 10" speaker and a built-in 180-watt amplifier to give you really impressive bass response from a sub that will still fit almost anywhere.
Tough and adjustable
With a Kicker 10" woofer, you can expect serious low end, and you can install the HS10 under most seats to bring the bass right up close. The tough all-aluminum chassis and stylish metal grille protect the speaker and deliver great sound. High- and low-level inputs give you plenty of options for hooking up your sub, and the HS10 can accept input signals from 0.25 to 40 volts so it works with almost any vehicle without adding a line output converter.
Dial in your sound
The Hideaway includes an adjustable low-pass crossover, a subsonic filter to improve efficiency, a phase switch, and a variable +6 dB bass boost adjustable with the included remote control bass knob. The HS10 also offers two auto turn-on options. The package includes a wiring harness for power, signal and remote turn-on connections with a quick-connect Molex® plug to make installation simple.
- compact powered subwoofer with 10" speaker
- wired remote control
- all-aluminum chassis with metal grille
- built-in amplifier: 180 watts RMS
- includes 16-foot power cable and other wiring
- speaker-level inputs (will also accept preamp-level signal using optional adapter, item 206KiSL, sold separately)
- auto turn-on
- frequency response: 25-120 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz)
- subsonic filter (25 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- variable phase control (0 or 180 degrees)
- bass boost control (variable to +6 dB at 40 Hz)
- dimensions: 9-7/8"W x 3-5/16"H x 14-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46HS10
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer
- Wiring harness (17' Power input/ 8' Speaker level input/ 2' Ground/ 2' Remote turn-on)
- In-line fuse holder
- Three 15-amp ATO fuses (one installed in fuse holder/one installed in the chassis of unit/one spare)
- Remote bass level control
- 20' Remote cable (3.5mm stereo mini-plug on both ends)
- Two 10-12 Gauge crimp-on ring terminals
- One 10-12 Gauge butt connector
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Two 3/8" Pan head screws (to mount wired remote)
- Four 3/4" Pan head screws
- Eight M4x6mm Machine screws
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Kicker 46HS10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 46HS10
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||180 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Remote Control: The wired remote puts subwoofer output level control within easy reach. The remote housing is designed to mount under the dash and the included 20' cable, with a 3.5mm mini-plug on both ends, connects the remote to the subwoofer.
- Width: 1⅝"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 1¼" (3" deep including the knob and cable)
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers. The subsonic filter removes inaudible frequencies to improve the performance of the sub by eliminating this harmful distortion. The 24 dB/octave subsonic filter's crossover point is 25 Hz.
Mounting: The subwoofer, with its 3⅜" height, can be mounted in applications with limited space, even under a seat in the passenger compartment of many vehicles. The four mounting brackets are bolted to the bottom of the chassis, and can extend the width or length (or a combination of the two). Each bracket extends just over ¾" from the sub.
Auto Turn-on: two position switch
- +12V: amp turns on when 12 volts is applied to the remote turn-on wire
- DC: amp turns on when a DC offset signal is present on the speaker-level input (not possible when using line level inputs); when the amp turns on using DC offset, the remote turn-on wire outputs +12 volt and can be used to turn on an additional amplifier
Input Level: two position switch
- Hi: accepts signal input from 1 volt to 40 volts
- Lo: accepts signal input from 250mV to 10 volts
Phase: two position switch; set the subwoofer phase to 0° or 180°
Bass Boost: rotary dial to adjust the bass boost; continuously variable from 0 to 6 dB; boost centered at 40 Hz
Crossover Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass crossover frequency; 50-120 Hz; the crossover slope is 18 dB/octave
Gain: rotary dial to set the amplifier gain control; 1-40 volts for speaker level inputs and 250mV to 10 volts for line level inputs
Harness: The Quick-Connect harness has wires for power (17 feet/14-gauge), ground (2 feet/14-gauge), remote turn-on (2 feet/20-gauge), and signal input (8 feet/20-gauge). If using a speaker level input, just splice into the wire in the harness. If using a line level input, a speaker wire to RCA adapter is needed (sold separately). The included in-line fuse holder should be added to the power wire at the battery location.
Remote Bass: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the included wired remote
Fuse: one 15-amp ATO fuse installed in the chassis
23 questions already asked