About the Kicker 46KMC4
Looking for a smart-looking way to control all the audio on your boat? Kicker's KMC4 marine digital media receiver gives you a 3" full-color display to control two zones of audio on your boat. The big, clearly marked buttons are easy to see and easy to operate, even when you're wearing gloves.
Bring on the weather
This receiver fits into a standard gauge opening, so it's a solid choice if you don't have a lot of space to work with. IPX66 weather-resistance means you don't have to think twice about splishin' and a-splashin'. Kicker also builds in a weather-band tuner so you can get details on the dark clouds gathering on the horizon.
You can use the built-in Bluetooth® to stream music from your smartphone, plug a music player into the rear aux input, or pop a thumb drive into the rear USB port. You can tune into your favorite local radio stations using the AM/FM tuner, and with the addition of a SiriusXM tuner, you can enjoy the limitless entertainment of satellite radio. And if you're planning to add an amp to your system, you'll appreciate the full set of rear-mounted preamp outputs and a customizable 6-band EQ with 5 presets.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- 3" full-color LCD display
- AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- 2-ohm stable built-in amp
- 25 watts RMS x 4/50 peak x 4 channels at 4 ohms
- 38 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- favorites for AM, FM, and WB
- built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- IPX66-rated watertight face
- day/night mode
- 6-band EQ with five presets
- SiriusXM-compatible with optional tuner (not included)
- inputs: rear USB input, rear RCA input
- outputs: 8-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub, and Zone 2)
- works with KRC12 wired remote (not included)
- fits into a standard gauge opening
- mounting hole diameter: 3"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46KMC4
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Rubber face-cover
- 2 Trim-rings (black/silver)
- 4 Screws
- Warranty/Information Card
- "STOP" note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 46KMC4
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
IPX66 Certified: The Kicker KMC4 digital media receiver features IPX66 waterproof / dustproof certification, so it can hold up in the marine environment and withstand powerful splashes of water out on the ocean or lake. During testing, water is projected at all angles through a 12.5mm nozzle at a flow rate of 100 liters/min at a pressure of 100 kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters. Its also fully dustproof and does not allow any dust or debris to enter the unit.
3" Color Display with Rotary + Push-Button Controls: The Kicker KMC4 features a 3" full-color display that shows you on-screen song/artist/album information, album art, and track data. The unit offers a 3-way rotary dial and push-button control for simple operation. A rubber cover is included to protect the unit's front-panel when not in use.
- Day/Night Mode: The Day/Night feature allows you to change the color scheme from Day Mode to Night Mode. The unit is defaulted to auto switch when your boat's lights are turned on. In order for the unit to automatically switch between day and night modes, the orange illumination wire must be connected. You can also set the unit to stay in either Day mode or Night mode by rotating the knob and selecting the desired setting.
- Dimmer: The Dimmer allows you to adjust the brightness of the screen and button illumination. You can adjust the brightness from 0 to +10.
- Confirmation Beep Tone: Every time a button is pressed the unit outputs a confirmation beep tone (this feature can be turned off).
Note: The 3" LCD screen does not offer touch controls.
Optional Wired Remote: The KMC4 supports Kicker's KRC12 marine wired remote control (sold separately). The optional KRC12 remote offers Power, Volume, Source, Track, and Station control. The remote is fully marinized with an IP66 rating. The KMC4 offers one 3.5mm remote input for the KRC12. Additional KRC12 remotes can be added using Kicker's Y-cable splitter (coming soon). A Kicker remote extension cable will also be available soon (sold separately) for installations that require longer cable runs.
Note: The KMC4 does not support wireless remote control.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device to the KMC4 digital media receiver. The unit offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as song/artist/album information with album art display.
Note: This unit does not offer support for Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for making or answering phone calls.
USB Port: The Kicker KMC4 digital media receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel USB-A port attached to the rear-chassis via a 6" cable (USB extension cable sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The USB-A port allows you to plug in your USB mass storage class device (like a USB thumbdrive formatted in FAT32) for playback of MP3/WMA/AAC (up to 320kbps) and FLAC/WAV (up to 16-bit) music files. The unit offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as song/artist/album with album art display. If your USB MSC device can be charged via USB, the unit's USB (5V/1A) port will charge your device while connected.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support Apple iPod/iPod/iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, HDDs, USB-hubs, card-readers, or computers.
Aux Input: The Kicker KMC4 is equipped with a rear-panel stereo RCA Aux input attached to rear-chassis via a 6" cable. The stereo RCA aux input allows you to connect an external audio device with a stereo RCA output. If you have a source device that has a 3.5mm output, then you will need a stereo RCA-to-minijack adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
AM/FM/Weather Tuner: The Kicker KMC4 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. It also offers RDS and US or European tuning. It even features a Weather Band (NOAA) alert system to keep you up to date on the weather while out on the water.
- Favorites (Presets): The Favorites button will allow you to view and set your favorite stations from the following sources - FM, AM, or WX. 10 total favorites can be set.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can select between US and European tuning.
4-Ohm or 2-Ohm Stable Amplifier: The KMC4 is equipped with a 4-channel amplifier that is 4-ohm and 2-ohm stable. It delivers 25 watts (RMS) per channel into a 4-ohm load or 38 watts (RMS) per channel into a 2-ohm load.
6Ch/4V Preouts: The Kicker KMC4 is outfitted with 6ch/4V preouts for adding external front, rear, and subwoofer amplifiers to your boats speaker system. You can adjust the subwoofer preout level (0-10) independently from the main volume level. There is no low pass crossover on the subwoofer preout.
Zone 2: Line-level Zone 2 RCA outputs provide audio to a second location on your boat using an external power amplifier and speakers (sold separately). Zone 2 will play the same audio source as the main zone, but you'll have independent volume control of the second zone. You can also choose to have Zone 2 and the Main Zone to share volume control.
Equalizer & Crossover: The Kicker KMC4 digital media receiver features a customizable EQ with 5 Presets. The 5 EQ presets include Flat, Classical, Pop, Rock, Custom, and Off. When the Custom EQ Preset is selected, you can manual adjust the receiver's 6-Band EQ (60Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 8kHz). When the EQ is set to Off, you can simply manually adjust the unit's Bass & Treble. There is also a Loudness features that boosts bass frequencies at low volumes. In addition, the unit's high-pass crossover can be set Off, 50, 80, or 120Hz for the front and rear speaker (there is no low pass crossover).
Mounting & Installation: The Kicker KMC4 features a round chassis and rectangular front-panel. It can fit in a boat's 3" gauge-style opening. If your boat does not already have a gauge-style opening, the marine digital media receiver requires a round 3" cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The integrated protective gasket and included hardware secure the unit in place against the mounting surface. The receiver comes with a silver and black trim-rimg to hide the mounting screw-holes. The unit's dimensions are as follows -
- Chassis Cutout: 3.0" (diameter) x 4.735" (depth)
- Front-Panel: 5.595" (w) x 3.495" (h) x 1.205" (d)
- 4-Hole Screw Spacing: 5.015" (w) x 1.995" (h) x 1.255" (d)
Note: The receiver's chassis is round and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Low Battery Alert: The KMC4 preserves your battery power by automatically monitoring the health of your battery's voltage. If the juice gets low, the KMC4 lets you know. If the unit drops below 10.5V, the unit will display a visual warning that your batteries need charged.