About the Kicker 46KMC5
6 channels of power
6 channels of power
Add serious sound to your boat with Kicker's KMC5 marine digital media receiver. Kicker gives you six channels of power if you want to add a slew of speakers to your party barge. A full-color 3-1/2" full-color display gives you control over two zones of audio on your boat, depending on your setup. And video capability means that you can connect an onboard camera for graceful docking. Plus, the big, clearly marked buttons are easy to see and easy to operate, even when you're wearing gloves.
Bring on the weather
This receiver fits into a standard gauge opening, so it's a solid choice if you don't have a lot of space to work with. IPX66 weather-resistance means you don't have to think twice about splishin' and a-splashin'. Kicker also builds in a weather-band tuner so you can get details on the dark clouds gathering on the horizon.
You can stream music from your smartphone, plug a music player into the rear aux input, or pop a thumb drive into the rear USB port. You can tune into your favorite local radio stations using the AM/FM tuner, get updates from the built-in weather band tuner, and with the addition of a SiriusXM tuner, you can enjoy the hundreds of satellite radio stations. And if you're planning to add an amp or two to your system, you'll appreciate the eight rear-mounted preamp outputs and a customizable EQ with 5 presets.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- 3.5" full color LCD display
- AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- built-in 6-channel amp with 4- and 2-ohm stability
- 25 watts RMS (50 watts peak) x 6 (4 ohms)
- 40 watts RMS x 6 (2 ohms)
- dual-zone capability
- favorites for AM, FM, and Weather Band
- built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- IPX66-rated watertight face
- day/night mode
- customizable 6-band EQ with five presets
- SiriusXM-compatible with optional tuner (not included)
- inputs: rear USB input, rear RCA input, camera input
- outputs: dual-zone 8-channel preamp outputs (4 volts)
- NMEA port
- fits into a standard gauge opening
- cutout opening: 3.0" diameter x 6.6875"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46KMC5
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (20A fuse)
- Main harness
- Zone 2 harness
- RGB harness
- Rubber face-cover
- 2 Trim-rings (black/silver)
- 4 Screws
- Warranty/Information Card
- "STOP" note
Kicker 46KMC5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 46KMC5
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
IPX66 Certified: The Kicker 46KMC5 digital media receiver features IPX66 waterproof / dustproof certification, so it can hold up in the marine environment and withstand powerful splashes of water out on the ocean or lake. During testing, water is projected at all angles through a 12.5mm nozzle at a flow rate of 100 liters/min at a pressure of 100 kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters. Its also fully dustproof and does not allow any dust or debris to enter the unit.
3.5" Color Display with Rotary + Push-Button Controls: The Kicker 46KMC5 features a 3.5" full-color display that shows you on-screen song/artist/album information, album art, and track data. It even allows you to display video through the receiver's composite video input. The unit offers a 3-way rotary dial and push-button control for simple operation. A rubber cover is included to protect the unit's front-panel when not in use.
- Day/Night Mode: The Day/Night feature allows you to change the color scheme from Day Mode to Night Mode. The unit is defaulted to auto switch when your boat's lights are turned on. In order for the unit to automatically switch between day and night modes, the orange illumination wire must be connected. You can also set the unit to stay in either Day mode or Night mode by rotating the knob and selecting the desired setting.
- Dimmer: The Dimmer allows you to adjust the brightness of the screen and button illumination. You can adjust the brightness from 0 to +10.
- Confirmation Beep Tone: Every time a button is pressed the unit outputs a confirmation beep tone (this feature can be turned off).
Note: The 3" LCD screen does not offer touch controls.
Remote Inputs: The 46KMC5 supports wired remote control from optional Kicker marine wired remotes (sold separately). The 46KMC5 has two different remote inputs used for different types of Kicker wired remotes. You can connect both types of remotes and have remote control in two separate locations of your boat.
- 3.5mm Input: The 3.5mm remote input can be used to connect Kicker's KRC12 marine wired remote control (sold separately). The optional KRC12 remote offers Power, Volume, Source, Track, and Station control. The remote is fully marinized with an IP66 rating.
- Proprietary Input: The proprietary remote input can be used to connect Kicker's 47KRC55 marined wired remote controller using Kicker's KRCEXT25 extension cable (both sold separately). Use the Kicker KRCY1 Y-Cable (sold separately) to add two 47KRC55 remotes to the 46KMC5 digital media receiver; you also need two KRCEXT25 extension cables (sold separately). The optional 47KRC55 wired remote controller features an IP67 water-resistant design so it can hold up to harsh marine environment. It features a 2.5" LCD screen and push-button control.
Note: The 46KMC5 does not support a wireless remote control.
NMEA2000 Connector: The marine receiver's NMEA2000 connector allows the unit to be seamlessly added to your boat's onboard NMEA 2000 network, enabling control and two-way communication of the marine receiver directly from your boat's Multi-Function Display (MFD) device. Two-way communication between the marine receiver and your MFD allows source selection, song/track/album title, radio frequency and more to display on the MFD interface.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device to the 46KMC5 digital media receiver. The unit offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as song/artist/album information with album art display.
Note: This unit does not offer support for Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for making or answering phone calls.
USB Port: The Kicker 46KMC5 digital media receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel USB-A port attached to the rear-chassis via a 6" cable (USB extension cable sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The USB-A port allows you to plug in your USB mass storage class device (like a USB thumbdrive formatted in FAT32) for playback of MP3/WMA (up to 320kbps) and FLAC/WAV (up to 16-bit) music files. The unit offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as song/artist/album with album art display. If your USB MSC device can be charged via USB, the unit's USB (5V/1A) port will charge your device while connected.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support Apple iPod/iPod/iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, HDDs, USB-hubs, card-readers, or computers.
AM/FM/Weather Tuner: The Kicker 46KMC5 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. It also offers RDS and US or European tuning. It even features a Weather Band (NOAA) alert system to keep you up to date on the weather while out on the water.
- Favorites (Presets): The Favorites button will allow you to view and set your favorite stations from the following sources - FM, AM , or WX. 16 total favorites can be set.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can select between US and European tuning.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kicker 46KMC5 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Category Search feature lets you search for channels within a certain genre or category
- Up to 16 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Aux Input: The Kicker 46KMC5 is equipped with a rear-panel stereo RCA Aux input attached to rear-chassis via a 6" cable. The stereo RCA aux input allows you to connect an external audio device with a stereo RCA output. If you have a source device that has a 3.5mm output, then you will need a stereo RCA-to-minijack adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The Aux Input's sensitivity is adjustable from 500mV-1.5V.
Video Input: The included composite video input can be configured in a variety of ways. Use it to monitor your water skier at the end of the rope or use it as a backup camera. The video input can be toggled with either a trigger wire or a button push. The video input's image will display on the 46KMC5's 3.5" LCD screen.
4-Ohm or 2-Ohm Stable Amplifier: The 46KMC5 is equipped with a 6-channel amplifier that is 4-ohm and 2-ohm stable. It delivers 25 watts (RMS) per channel into a 4-ohm load or 40 watts (RMS) per channel into a 2-ohm load. The built-in 6-channel amplifier can power two pairs of speakers (front & rear) in the Main Zone, as well as a pair of speakers in Zone 2.
6Ch/4V Preouts: The Kicker 46KMC5 is outfitted with 6ch/4V preouts for adding external front, rear, and subwoofer amplifiers to your boats speaker system. You can adjust the subwoofer preout level (0-10) independently from the main volume level. There is no low pass crossover on the subwoofer preout.
Zone 2: Speaker-level and Line-level Zone 2 outputs can be used to send audio to a second location on your boat. The speaker-level outputs allows you to power a pair of Zone 2 speakers from the 46KMC5's built-in amplifier. The line-level outputs allow you to power a pair of Zone 2speakers using an external power amplifier (sold separately). Regardless of how you connect the second zone, Zone 2 will play the same audio source as the main zone. You can choose to have independent volume control of Zone 2 from the Main Zone, or have Zone 2 and the Main Zone share the same volume control. You can select from the following preset names for Zone 2 - Cockpit, Interior, Tower, Transom, or Zone 2.
Equalizer & Crossover: The Kicker 46KMC5 digital media receiver features a customizable EQ with 5 Presets. The 5 EQ presets include Flat, Classical, Pop, Rock, Custom, and Off. When the Custom EQ Preset is selected, you can manual adjust the receiver's 6-Band EQ (60Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 8kHz). When the EQ is set to Off, you can simply manually adjust the unit's Bass, Mid, & Treble. There is also a Loudness features that boosts bass frequencies at low volumes. In addition, the unit's high-pass crossover can be set Off, 50, 80, or 120Hz for the front and rear speaker (there is no low pass crossover).
Mounting & Installation: The Kicker 46KMC5 features a round chassis and rectangular front-panel. It can fit in a boat's 3" gauge-style opening. If your boat does not already have a gauge-style opening, the marine digital media receiver requires a round 3" cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The integrated protective gasket and included hardware secure the unit in place against the mounting surface. The receiver comes with a silver and black trim-rimg to hide the mounting screw-holes. The unit's dimensions are as follows -
- Chassis Cutout: 3.0" (diameter) x 6.6875" (depth)
- Front-Panel: 5.545" (w) x 3.515" (h) x 1.355" (d)
- 4-Hole Screw Spacing: 4.995" (w) x 1.975" (h) x 1.255" (d)
Note: The receiver's chassis is round and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Low Battery Alert: The 46KMC5 preserves your battery power by automatically monitoring the health of your battery's voltage. If the juice gets low, the 46KMC5 lets you know. If the unit drops below 10.5V, the unit will display a visual warning that your batteries need charged.
RGB Harness: The 46KMC5 includes RGB harness that can be used to wire your Kicker marine speaker with LEDs (sold separately).
4 questions already asked