About the Kicker 46PKD1
All the power your multi-amp system needs
All the power your multi-amp system needs
Your amplifiers need hefty power and ground wiring in order to deliver the big power you want. Kicker's PKD1 multi-amp wiring kit includes the basic power, ground, and turn-on wiring for an amplified system with a total fuse rating of up to 200 amperes. This kit is suitable for a system with a total output of about 1300 watts RMS for Class AB amps or about 2000 watts RMS for Class D amps.
The kit includes a 17-foot 1/0-gauge power wire that runs from your battery to a fused distribution block, plus a 4-foot length of 4-gauge wire that can be made to accommodate two amplifiers. Kicker makes all their wires from oxygen-free copper so you can count on maximum power and signal transfer with minimum resistance or interference.
- multi-amplifier power wiring kit
- cables meet or exceed the American Wire Gauge specifications and requirements
- 17 feet of blue 1/0-gauge power cable with attached ring terminal and protective wire loom
- 3 feet of gray 1/0-gauge ground cable with attached ring terminal
- 4 feet of blue 4-gauge power cable
- 4 feet of gray 4-gauge ground cable with attached ring terminals
- 17 feet of clear 16-gauge turn-on lead wire
- FHD fused distribution block with two 100-amp fuses
- AFS fuse holder and 200-amp fuse
- assortment of installation hardware and cable ties
- extends a Kicker amplifier's warranty by one year, if purchased along with the amp
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46PKD1
What's in the box:
- 17' Length of 1/0-gauge blue power wire (ring terminal on one end)
- 4' Length of 4-gauge blue power wire
- 3' Length of 1/0-gauge gray ground wire (ring terminal on one end)
- 4' Length of 4-gauge gray ground wire (ring terminals on both ends)
- 17' Length of 16-gauge silver remote wire
- FHS fuse holder with 200-amp AFS fuse installed
- FHD fuse holder with two 100-amp AFS fuses installed
- 1/0-Gauge firewall grommet
- Six 6" wire ties
- 2 Self-tapping hex-head bolts
- 2 Flat washers
- 18-22 Gauge butt connector
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 46PKD1
Overview: The Kicker PKD1 dual amplifier wiring kit includes the power, ground, and remote cables, as well as the accessories you'll need for installing two amplifiers. This amp kit includes the following:
- Power Wire: This amplifier power kit contains a 17-foot length of 1/0-gauge power cable, and a 4-foot length of 4-gauge cable. Kicker's full-spec power cable features cobalt blue Virgin Hyper-Flex PVC insulation. The cables feature 100% oxygen-free copper (OFC) strands to give you more voltage to your amplifier, compared to the less expensive Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire used by some manufacturers. More voltage in means more power output from your amplifier. The 1/0-gauge cable has 4704 strands, while the 4-gauge cable has 1862 strands. The Hyper-Flex jacket is built to resist temperature extremes and exposure to oil and gas. The 1/0-gauge power wire has a ring terminal on one end, with a braided protective sleeve over the first 4 feet of cable. The cable is marked for cutting to install the included fuse holder. The 4-gauge power cable is unterminated. The power cables are both CEA-2015 and BC5W2 compliant.
- Ground Wire: The kit contains a 3-foot length of 1/0-gauge and a 4-foot length of 4-gauge kicker ground wire. Kicker ground cables have the same specs as the full spec power wire, but with a gray Hyper-Flex jacket. The 1/0-gauge wire has a ring terminal on one end, and the 4-gauge has ring terminals installed on both ends.
- Remote Wire: The 17-foot silver remote wire contains 16-gauge stranded wire, and comes in a sleek clear jacket.
- Fuse Holders: The Kicker PKD1 kit contains two fuse holders: an FHS (single) fuse holder with a 200-amp AFS fuse installed, and an FHD (double) fuse holder with two 100-amp fuses installed. The single fuse holder installs on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The fuse holders feature brass hardware. The wires and fuses are held in place with set screws that require a 3mm hex bit or Allen wrench (not included). Dimensions: FHS (single):Width 1.35", Height 1.316", Length 3.117"; FHD (dual): Width 2.15", Height 1.33", Length 3.5".
- Installation Accessories: The PKD1 amp wiring kit includes the following accessories needed for the installation:
- Self-tapping Grounding Bolts: You'll need to sand a 1/2" diameter area to bare metal for the grounding point. The 1" long self-tapping ground bolts secure the ground cable's ring terminal to the vehicle's metal chassis. Flat washers are also included.
- Firewall Grommet: This plastic grommet protects the power wire as it passes from the engine compartment through the firewall. It keeps any sharp edges from cutting through the power cable's jacket and causing a short.
- Butt Connector: The included crimp-type butt connector allows you to splice the head unit's remote (turn-on) wire to the included remote wire. The connector fits 18-22 gauge wires.
- Wire Ties: Six 6" wire ties ("zip ties") are included for securing wires, keeping them out of the way for a clean install.
Note: This kit does not include audio interconnect (RCA) cables or speaker wires.
Warranty Extension: Purchasing and installing a Kicker amplifier with a qualifying Kicker complete amplifier wiring kit will extend the amplifier warranty by one additional year.