About the Kicker KMA150.2
The extra boost you need
Boats can be noisy places. Kicker's KMA150.2 2-channel amplifier pumps out 40 watts of clean power to two speakers to cut through the fog. If you want more kick on the low end, you can use this amp in bridged 1-channel mode to pump up a sub with 150 watts RMS. High- and low-pass filters help you get maximum performance from the speakers, while a variable bass boost lets you dial in the extra low-end you're craving..
Kicker has made sure this amp will last, with conformal-coated PC boards to protect against dust and water. The amp also features stainless-steel hardware so you don't have to worry about rusty terminals shorting out your good times on the water.
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class A/B design
- variable high-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz)
- weather-resistant conformal-coated circuit boards
- stainless-steel no-rust hardware
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input))
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 8-1/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 48KMA1502
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier
- Four 3/4" screws
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Other)
- Power chart
- Kicker power certification
Kicker KMA150.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker KMA150.2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||40 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||10Hz-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker KMA150.2 (48KMA1502) 2-channel amplifier can provide 65 watts x 2 (4Ω). Both channels can also be bridged for a single 150 watt x 1 output (4Ω). Designed for the marine environment, the KMA150.2 features marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal-coated circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power and ground connections.
Note: The Kicker KMA150.2 marine amplifier is not waterproof and should not be mounted where it will get wet.
Class AB Amplification: The KMA150.2 features state-of-the-art Class AB amplification which provides ample power in a compact chassis. The 4-channel amp can provide the following power output:
- 40 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 75 watts RMS x 4 @ 2 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select high (speaker-level) or low (line-level)
- Input Gain Control: continuously variable from 250mV to 10V with the input level switch set to low; 1V to 40V with the input level switch set to high
- Crossover: 3-position switch; select Off, High Pass, or Low Pass; the slope is 12dB/octave for both
- Frequency: a rotary control; continuously variable from 50Hz-200Hz
- Bass Boost: a rotary control lets you increase the bass level between 0dB and +6dB; centered at 40Hz
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>2.5 volts) on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Wire Connections: The KMA150.2 has screw-down terminals for the power, ground, turn-on (REM), and speaker outputs. The power and ground slots are 0.512" wide and the remote and speaker slots are 0.335" wide. 8 AWG power and ground wires are recommended (sold separately).
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 40-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Currently Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The KMA150.2 accepts either high (speaker-level) or low (line-level) input signals on the single pair of RCA inputs, selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker-level to RCA adapter. The input sensitivity is 250mV-10V (low) or 1V-40V (high).
Dimensions: When mounted horizontally, the KMA150.2 dimensions are:
- Width: 8.0" (not including wire)
- Height: 2.250"
- Depth: 6.625"
The Kicker KMA150.2 replaces these items