About the Kicker 48KMA600.4
Serious power on your boat
Serious power on your boat
Great music can really add to the fun of an afternoon on the water. Kicker's KMA600.4 marine amplifier can power four speakers with 75 watts RMS each, so you'll hear your music clearly over the sounds of the wind and waves, in up to 2 zones on your boat. You could also use this amp to power a system consisting of two speakers and a subwoofer. If you're just interested in serious power, this amp can go into bridged, 2-channel mode and put out up to 300 watts RMS per channel, for a couple high-performance subs or tower speakers, for example.
High-pass crossover filters keep distortion caused by bass frequencies out your speakers. A low-pass filter and a bass boost on each channel help sculpt the tone when you're powering subs.
Shrugs off salt and water
Kicker knows how rough things can get at sea — they built this amp weather-tough, with marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections. That last one is a certification from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), so you know that these connectors are well-made and will work well for a long time, even in rough seas.
- 4-channel marine amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz) on all channels
- conformal-coated circuit board helps prevent corrosion
- marine-grade speaker terminals and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections
- fader switch eliminates need for Y-cords for input signals
- stainless-steel hardware
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required for speaker-level input)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 80-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 12-7/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 6-5/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 48KMA6004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel marine amplifier
- Four 3/4" screws
- Allen key
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Other)
- Power chart
- Kicker power certification
Kicker 48KMA600.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 48KMA600.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||10Hz-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker KMA600.4 (48KMA6004) 4-channel amplifier is effectively two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis, labeled Amp 1 and Amp 2. Each section of the amp is bridgeable, so it can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel. Designed for the marine environment, the KMA600.4 features marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal-coated circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power and ground connections.
Note: The Kicker KMA600.4 marine amplifier is not waterproof and should not be mounted where it will get wet.
Class D Amplification: The KMA600.4 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a compact chassis. The 4-channel amp can provide the following power output:
- 75 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 150 watts RMS x 4 @ 2 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select high (speaker-level) or low (line-level)
- Input Gain Control: independent rotary gain controls for Amp 1 and Amp 2; continuously variable from 250mV to 10V with the input level switch set to low; 1V to 40V with the input level switch set to high
- Crossover: independent 3-position switches for Amp 1 and Amp 2; select Off, High Pass, or Low Pass; the slope is 12dB/octave for both
- Frequency: separate rotary controls for Amp 1 and Amp 2; continuously variable from 50Hz-200Hz
- Fader: 2-position switch; turn on when using two pair of dedicated inputs; leave off when only using one pair of inputs
- KickEQ Bass Boost: separate rotary controls for Amp 1 and Amp 2; increase the bass level between 0dB and +6dB; centered at 40Hz
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>2.5 volts) on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Wire Connections: The KMA600.4 has set-screw terminals for the power, ground, turn-on (REM) connections, and a terminal strip for the speaker outputs. The power and ground terminals can accommodate 4 AWG wire (recommended) and the turn-on input can accommodate up to 10 AWG wire. The speaker output terminal strip can accommodate up to 14 AWG wire, either bare-ended or with spade terminals.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit and an 80-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Currently Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The KMA600.4 accepts either high (speaker-level) or low (line-level) input signals on the two pair of RCA inputs (Amp 1, Amp 2), selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker-level to RCA adapter. The input sensitivity is 250mV-10V (low) or 1V-40V (high).
Dimensions: When mounted horizontally, the KMA600.4 dimensions are:
- Width: 12.438" (not including wire)
- Height: 2.250"
- Depth: 6.625"
1 question already asked