About the Kicker KMA800.1
Big bass firepower
Big bass firepower
Dial in the amount of bass you want from the cockpit with the included remote
When you want to drop the lows when you're cruising, enlist the Kicker KMA800.1 marine amplifier as a part of your crew. This mono amp has the firepower you need for successful naval maneuvers, supplying up to 800 watts to your subs. A low-pass filter lets you dial in the output, while the included wired remote adds bass level control to the cockpit.
Kicker has made sure this amp will stand up to the life aquatic, with conformal-coated PC boards and marine-com-pliant terminals to protect against dust and water. The amp also features stainless-steel hardware so you don't have to worry about rusty terminals shorting out your good times on the water.
- mono marine amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 800 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class A/B design
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz)
- weather-resistant conformal-coated circuit boards
- stainless-steel no-rust hardware
- remote control included
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input))
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended
- frequency response: 25-200 Hz
- dimensions: 8"W x 2-1/4"H x 6-5/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 48KMA8001
What's in the box:
- Mono marine amplifier
- KMBLC Remote bass level control
- 19.5' Remote cable (RJ-11 connectors on both ends)
- Two 3/8" screws
- Four 3/4" screws
- Allen key
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Other)
- Power chart
- Kicker power certification
Kicker KMA800.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker KMA800.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||25-200Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker KMA800.1 (48KMA8001) marine amplifier can provide up to 800 watts to a single output (1Ω). Designed for the marine environment, the KMA800.1 features marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal-coated circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power and ground connections.
Note: The Kicker KMA800.1 marine amplifier is not waterproof and should not be mounted where it will get wet.
Class D Amplification: The KMA800.1 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a compact chassis. The mono amp can provide the following power output:
- 300 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 600 watts RMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- 800 watts RMS x 1 @ 1 Ohm (@14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select high (speaker-level) or low (line-level)
- Input Gain Control: continuously variable from 250mV to 10V with the input level switch set to low; 1V to 40V with the input level switch set to high
- Crossover: a variable Low Pass with a 12dB/octave slope
- Frequency: a rotary control; continuously variable from 50Hz-200Hz
- Bass Boost: a rotary control lets you increase the bass level between 0dB and +6dB; centered at 40Hz
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>2.5 volts) on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Wire Connections: The KMA800.1 has screw-down terminals for the power, ground, turn-on (REM), and speaker outputs. The power and ground slots are 0.512" wide and the remote and speaker slots are 0.335" wide. 4 AWG power and ground wires are recommended (sold separately). Two sets of mono speaker terminals are provided for connecting more than one subwoofer.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 100-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Currently Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The KMA800.1 accepts either high (speaker-level) or low (line-level) input signals on the single pair of RCA inputs, selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker-level to RCA adapter. The input sensitivity is 250mV-10V (low) or 1V-40V (high).
Remote Bass Level Control: The KMA800.1 amplifier includes a KMBLC Remote Bass Level control for adjusting the output level from the front seat. The Remote Bass Level Control can be mounted under a dash or console and includes a 19.5' remote cable (RJ-11 connectors on both ends).
Dimensions: When mounted horizontally, the KMA800.1 dimensions are:
- Width: 8.0" (not including wire)
- Height: 2.250"
- Depth: 6.625"
The Kicker KMA800.1 replaces these items
1 question already asked