About the Kicker 40CWR104
Kicker designed their CompR line of subs for people who love to hear strong bass when their music's playing. Built from the ground up with performance in mind, these subs handle plenty of power to give you the baddest bass available from the legendary Comp line.
Change this subwoofer's impedance with a flick of the built-in switch.
Overbuilt? More like built just right
Kicker's 40CWR104 10” subwoofer comes equipped with a tough, polypropylene cone that stays rigid during intense play sessions so you hear accurate bass. A custom-designed back and top plate give the woofer plenty of room to travel, while the durable rubber surround helps to control cone movement during a heavy workout. This sub uses extensive venting in its heavy steel basket to shrug off heat, so you can count on reliable performance.
Say hello to system flexibility
This Kicker CompR will handle up to 400 watts RMS so make sure you have an amplifier that'll do it justice. Its dual 4-ohm voice coils make it easy to connect to a mono amplifier, and this versatile sub works well in sealed or ported enclosures.
- 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- injection-molded polypropylene cone
- rubber surround
- power handling: 100-400 watts RMS (200 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 800 watts
- frequency response: 30-500 Hz
- sensitivity: 83.6 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-3/16"
- sealed box volume: .80 - 3.0 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 1.25 - 1.75 cu. ft.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40CWR104
What's in the box:
- One 10" Dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- Kicker logo stickers
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Template on box
Kicker 40CWR104 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 40CWR104
Features & specs
|Impedance||2 ohms or 8 ohms|
|Cone Material||Injection Molded Poly|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Port diameter (inches)||N/A|
|Port length (inches)||N/A|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
83.6 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||30 - 500 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||400|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||800|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 3/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 1/8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Dual 2-ohm Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4-ohm voice coils, offering wiring flexibility. A switch on the speaker terminal allows you to easily change from parallel (the woofer presents a 2-ohm load) to series (the woofer presents an 8-ohm load) wiring for the voice coils.
UniPlate Construction: The woofer features a one-piece UniPlate construction with a vented, extended pole piece and backplate. This unique design provides the following benefits:
- Optimizes heat transfer efficiency for cooler operation
- Eliminates erratic magnetic flux in the voice coil gap
- Releases pressure under the suspension for uniform cone movement
- Prevents the voice coil from bottoming out, and the resulting damage
Tinsel Leads: CompR subwoofers use Spiralead tinsel-lead technology; the tinsel lead wires are woven into the spider to relieve mechanical stress.
Sealed Enclosure Applications: Sealed enclosures provide the most control over a woofer and provide accurate sonic reproduction, making them suitable to all types of music. Kicker recommends sealed enclosures in the following range:
- Minimum Enclosure Volume: 0.8 ft³
- Maximum Enclosure Volume: 3.0 ft³
Vented Box: Vented (or ported) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed so they are suitable for use with smaller amplifiers, giving you more bass output from less power. Kicker recommends ported enclosures in the following range:
- Minimum Enclosure Volume: 1.25 ft³ with a 10.5" x 2" x 20" slot port
- Maximum Enclosure Volume: 1.75 ft³ with a 10.5" x 2.5" x 20" slot port
2 questions already asked