About the Kicker KXM400.2
Kicker expertise in a marine amp
Kicker expertise in a marine amp
The key to building a great marine amp is building a great amp, period. When Kicker designed their KXM line, they used their popular Kicker KX car amps as a starting point. Kicker KXM amps combine first-rate technology with water-resistant, protective hardware outside, so they're ready for life on the water.
Made for marine use
No matter how snug the installation space, a marine amp must be tough enough to stand up to the marine environment. Kicker's KXM400.2 marine amp features a conformal coated circuit board for improved water and dust resistance, plus corrosion-resistant power connections, a gasket-sealed front cover, and stainless steel mounting hardware that won't rust all over your boat's gel coat or carpeting. The all-weather protection even extends to the UV-protected heat sink finish.
The RCA inputs on this Kicker amp will accept the signal from just about any marine stereo.
Perfect for your tower speakers
The KXM400.2 delivers the power you need for the tower speakers on your boat, delivering up to 200 watts RMS per channel. This efficient, reliable amp stays cool even when it's pushed hard, thanks to its Class-D design. Space can be at a premium on some boats, but this amp's compact exterior makes it easier to mount in tight spaces.
The amp's RCA inputs accept speaker-level or line-level signals, so you can connect this amp to almost any stereo. Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) reduces noise and rejects interference generated by your boat's electronics.
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- compact chassis mounts easily in tight spaces
- conformal coated circuit boards for improved water and dust resistance
- corrosion-resistant power terminals
- gasket-sealed front cover keeps water out and prevents tampering
- stainless steel mounting hardware prevents rust stains in carpet and gel coat
- blue light-pipe illumination matches Kicker's illuminated marine speakers
- sealed potentiometers for reliability and long life
- UV-resistant heat sink finish
- RCA inputs accept high- and low-level signals
- dimensions: 9-9/16" L x 2-1/8" H x 8-5/16" W
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Kicker amp wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40KXM4002
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 2" Stainless steel self-tapping screws
- 4 Stainless steel flat washers
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Kicker "Livin' Loud" power certificate
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker KXM400.2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||400 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-5,000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker KXM400.2 marine amplifier's special weather-resistant features allow it to withstand the harsh marine environment and give you dependable performance. The internal circuit board has been sprayed with a moisture-deterring, protective conformal coating for water and dirt resistance. The power, speaker, and input connections are gasket-sealed, as is the cover hiding the control settings, creating a water-resistant barrier to key components. Stainless steel mounting hardware prevents rust stains, and the UV-treated chassis finish battles harsh sunlight.
Class D Amplifier Design: The full-range Class D amplifier uses digital switching to amplify audio signals, resulting in high efficiency and less heat. The Class D design also allows a small footprint for increased cargo space.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare amplifiers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Kicker KXM400.2 is rated at 100 watts RMS x 2 channels, with a 75 dBA signal to noise ratio.
Specifications: The manual also lists these non CEA-2006 compliant specifications:
- Power (full range):
- 2Ω: 200 watts x 2 channels (no more than 1% THD+N, 14.4 volts)
- Bridged: 400 watts x 1 channel (into 4Ω with no more than 1% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power)
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum RMS power output of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The KXM400.2 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (power input), under voltage (power input), and short circuit (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the front side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the Kicker KXM400.2 features an adjustable gain control (low level: 125mV-5V, high level: 250mV-10V), labeled from 0 to 11.
Input Level Switch: Set the input level switch to low when using preamp level input signals and high when using speaker level input signals.
- Mode: four position switch; Off (crossover bypassed), HP (high-pass), LP (low-pass), or BP (band-pass, both high-pass and low-pass circuits engaged)
- Range: two position switch; sets the frequency adjustment range for the low-pass crossover point dial; 1x or 10x
- High-Pass Frequency: continuously variable from 10 to 500 Hz
- Low-Pass Frequency: continuously variable from 40 to 500 Hz (with Range switch in the 1x position) or 400-5,000 Hz (with Range switch in the 10x position)
Kick EQ: The amp's Kick EQ bass boost circuit is continuously variable from 0 to +18 dB and centered at 40 Hz.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: The amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal.
- DC Offset: The amp turns on when a 6 volt offset is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker-level source)
- Audio: The amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected
Power Connections: The power and ground connections are set-screw terminals that will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The remote turn-on set-screw terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The included Allen-wrench is required to loosen/tighten the terminals.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with an internal fuse. An external 60-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If the system has only this amp and a wiring kit is used that includes a fuse with a value other than 60-amps, the original should be replaced with a 60-amp fuse.
Speaker Outputs: The Kicker KXM400.2 is equipped with two pair of set-screw speaker output terminals. The terminals will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire and are loosened/tightened with the included Allen-wrench.
Dual Sensitivity Inputs: The KXM series amplifiers have dual input sensitivity differential RCA inputs, which will accept either speaker-level (high) or preamp (low) signals from your source unit. A high-level signal can be run from the head unit's speaker outputs to the stereo RCA inputs of the amplifier using Speaker Wire to RCA adapters (206KiSL, sold separately). The Input Level Switch on the amp should be set to high when using a speaker-level input, and low when using a line-level input.
Line Level Output: The amplifier has a pair of RCA line level outputs for feeding another amplifier. This is the same signal that is present at the amp's inputs. Either input method (speaker-level or RCA) will provide a low-level output signal to the RCA outputs. The amplifier's crossovers have no effect on the line level output signal, however, if you input a filtered signal from the head unit, the amp's low-level output will also be filtered.