About the Kicker Comp 05C12
The Comp (that's short for "competition") started the legend of furious Kicker sound, and its latest version the Kicker Comp 05C124 12" sub is a sight to see and hear. You'll thrill to sonic technology that'll rattle any teeth while still leaving a few bucks in your pocketbook.
A rigid polymineral cone with double-stitched, ribbed foam surround stands up to the most pounding of low tones while delivering them with great precision. The heavy-duty steel basket provides a rock-solid housing for the cone, while the famous Kicker Inverted Structural Dome holds the line on unwanted flexing. Perimeter venting helps to dissipate heat quickly for top performance.
And you'll appreciate the revamped cosmetics with a pitch-black cone and the striking basket design with its logo trim ring. Pick up an optional grille (click the "Accessories" tab) for an even fiercer look! This Kicker Comp 12" also works in free-air applications.
Priced per speaker
- 12" 4-ohm subwoofer
- polymineral cone with double-stitched foam surround
- high-strength steel basket
- frequency response: 27-500 Hz
- power handling: 50-150 watts RMS
- peak power: 300 watts
- sensitivity: 89.1 dB
- mounting depth: 5-3/4"
- spring-loaded nickel-plated terminals
- works in free-air applications
- sealed box volume: 1.25-3.5 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 1.75-2.25
- Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 2, 3
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 05C12-4
What's in the box:
- One 12" woofer
- Cutout template (attached to carton)
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration card
Kicker Comp 05C12 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker Comp 05C12
Features & specs
|Surround Material||Stitched foam|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Port diameter (inches)||N/A|
|Port length (inches)||N/A|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
89.1 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||27 - 500 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 3/4|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||6 1/4|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||11 1/8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Cone Materials: The Kicker Competition woofer consists of a vacuum formed polymineral cone with an inverted structural dome (ISD), which remains rigid to minimize cone flex and lowers harmonic distortion. A rear cone brace integrates into the cone with a continuous contact perimeter weld, which offers unmatched strength and resistance to deformation under pressure.
Surround: The optimized Polyfoam-ribbed surround allows extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. The surround is double-stitched to the cone to add a mechanical fastener to the chemical adhesives. This prevents the cone and surround from separating in the harshest conditions.
Enhanced BAM (Basket And Motor) Assembly: The high-strength steel basket features a low-profile open design, and provides a solid foundation for the precision-aligned motor assembly. Perimeter venting in the BAM relieves pressure from under the spider, supports a linear excursion, and helps dissipate heat from the voice coil and motor structure.
Voice Coils: The ultra-strength voice coil sustains enormous cone excursion and provides extra heat dissipation. The high-temperature Polyimide Film voice coil former improves sonic and conductive properties, and prevents thermal-electrical meltdown.
Construction: The woofer features a two-piece vented hyper-extended blackened pole piece and backplate. This unique design provides the following benefits:
- Optimizes heat transfer efficiency for cooler operation and maximum power handling ability.
- Eliminates erratic magnetic flux from the voice coil gap.
- Releases pressure under the suspension for uniform cone movement and responsive low bass.
- Prevents the voice coil from bottoming out and corresponding damage.
Tinsel Leads: The woofer features sleeved high-power tinsel lead wires to resist breakage and power-robbing resistance losses due to the common use of "insufficient gauge" lead wires.
Speaker Terminals: The spring loaded, nickel-plated terminals provide solid connections with medium to heavy gauge speaker wire.
Marine Ready: The poly cone, powder-coat finished basket, and stainless-steel hardware allow the Kicker Competition to be used in marine environments.
Free Air Applications: Kicker Competition subwoofers can be very effective in an infinite-baffle (free-air) installation. You may need to reinforce the rear deck of your vehicle to support the weight of the subwoofer (3/4" MDF is recommended).
Recommended Sealed Box Volume:
- Compact (minimum enclosure volume): 1.25 cu/ft; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
- SQ (maximum enclosure volume): 3.5 cu/ft; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
Recommended Vented Box Volume:
- Compact: 1.75 cu/ft; 2" x 12.5" port opening; 16" port depth; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
- SPL/Deep Bass: 2.25 cu/ft; 2" x 12.5" port opening; 16.375" port depth; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
Note: The power handling specifications listed with the vented enclosure recommendations apply only when a 25Hz, 24dB/octave subsonic filter (sold separately) is used with this woofer. If a subsonic filter is not used, power handling may decrease, excessive port noise can occur, and the life of the woofer may be shortened.