About the Kicker Comp 07C124
Kicker's Comp subwoofers combine high performance with powerful lows to enhance your vehicle's sound system without draining your wallet. The 07C124 12" subwoofer uses a rigid polymineral cone and double-stitched, ribbed foam surround to deliver strong bass from sealed or vented enclosures, and you can even use it in free air applications.
Kicker fortifies their Comp subwoofer with a rock-solid steel basket, and keeps it cool with perimeter venting. The famous Inverted Structural Dome design reduces cone flex that can lead to distorted output, so the Comp can handle plenty of power without blowing a gasket. Kicker rounds out this handsome sub with nickel-plated push terminals for quick hookup.
Priced per speaker
- 12" 4-ohm subwoofer
- polymineral cone
- double-stitched foam surround
- suitable for free-air use
- power handling: 50-150 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 300 watts
- frequency response: 27-500 Hz
- sensitivity: 89.1 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-13/16"
- sealed box volume: 1.25-3.5 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 1.75-2.25 cu. ft.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 07C124
What's in the box:
- One 12" woofer
- Cutout template (attached to carton)
- Owner's Manual
- 2 Kicker decals
Kicker Comp 07C124 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker Comp 07C124
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Port diameter (inches)||N/A|
|Port length (inches)||N/A|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
89.1 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||27 - 500 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 13/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||10 15/16|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Cone Materials: The Kicker Competition woofer consists of a vacuum formed polymineral cone with an inverted structural dome (ISD), which remains rigid to minimize cone flex and lowers harmonic distortion. A rear cone brace integrates into the cone with a continuous contact perimeter weld, which offers unmatched strength and resistance to deformation under pressure.
Surround: The optimized Polyfoam-ribbed surround allows extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. The surround is double-stitched to the cone to add a mechanical fastener to the chemical adhesives. This prevents the cone and surround from separating in the harshest conditions.
Enhanced BAM (Basket And Motor) Assembly: The high-strength steel basket features a low-profile open design, and provides a solid foundation for the precision-aligned motor assembly. Perimeter venting in the BAM relieves pressure from under the spider, supports a linear excursion, and helps dissipate heat from the voice coil and motor structure.
Voice Coils: The ultra-strength voice coil sustains enormous cone excursion and provides extra heat dissipation. The high-temperature Polyimide Film voice coil former improves sonic and conductive properties, and prevents thermal-electrical meltdown.
Construction: The woofer features a two-piece vented hyper-extended blackened pole piece and backplate. This unique design provides the following benefits:
- Optimizes heat transfer efficiency for cooler operation and maximum power handling ability.
- Eliminates erratic magnetic flux from the voice coil gap.
- Releases pressure under the suspension for uniform cone movement and responsive low bass.
- Prevents the voice coil from bottoming out and corresponding damage.
Tinsel Leads: The woofer features high-power tinsel lead wires to resist breakage and power-robbing resistance losses due to the common use of "insufficient gauge" lead wires.
Speaker Terminals: The spring loaded, nickel-plated terminals provide solid connections for bare wire up to 10 gauge.
Free Air Applications: Kicker Competition subwoofers can be very effective in an infinite-baffle (free-air) installation. You may need to reinforce the rear deck of your vehicle to support the weight of the subwoofer (3/4" MDF is recommended).
Recommended Sealed Box Volume:
- Compact (minimum enclosure volume): 1.25 cu/ft; the woofer can handle up to 250 watts RMS
- SQ (maximum enclosure volume): 3.5 cu/ft; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
Recommended Vented Box Volume:
- Compact: 1.75 cu/ft; 1.5" x 10.5" port opening; 14.5" port depth; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
- SPL/Deep Bass: 2.25 cu/ft; 1.5" x 10.5" port opening; 13.25" port depth; the woofer can handle up to 150 watts RMS
Note: The power handling specifications listed with the vented enclosure recommendations apply only when a 25Hz, 24dB/octave subsonic filter (sold separately) is used with this woofer. If a subsonic filter is not used, power handling may decrease, excessive port noise can occur, and the life of the woofer may be shortened.