About the Kicker 08ZX300.1
If you're into cruising to great music, Kicker's powerhouse ZX Series amplifiers offer exceptional sound quality, along with distinctive, no-frills good looks.
The Kicker 08ZX300.1 mono subwoofer amp will drive your subs with up to 300 watts of power enough to give you the big bass sound you want. Kicker's ratings reflects a true measure of the amp's power capabilities no inflated "peak power" ratings here. Efficient heat sinks and rugged internal components ensure reliable operation and clean power output, even when you crank your system hard for long periods of time.
Switch on the built-in low-pass filter to send everything below 80 Hz to your subwoofer, while the subsonic filter removes the extreme low frequencies that hamper system efficiency. You can kick in more low-end bump with the bass boost, and the included wired remote control lets you turn on the boost from the driver's seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- low-pass filter (80 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- 25Hz subsonic filter
- bass boost (12 dB at 40 Hz)
- wired remote bass level control
- CEA-2006 compliant
- speaker-level inputs (requires an optional adapter)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 20A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-7/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 08ZX3001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with two 20-amp fuses in chassis
- 2 Spare 20-amp fuses
- Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 4 Large self-tapping screws
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- Allen wrench
- 19.75' Phone cable (has an RJ14 connector on each end)
- Warranty Registration card
- Certified Power certificate
Kicker 08ZX300.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 08ZX300.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||96 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Uses RCA input|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX300.1's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX300.1 has one pair of RCA inputs which will receive either high or low level signals from your car stereo. The unit has an input level switch that allows you to select a low- or high-level input. A low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs by splicing RCA plugs onto the speaker wire or using an RCA-to-Speaker wire adapter (136CLR2SW, sold separately) , and setting the input level switch to "HI".
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes that can be selected on the end panel. You can select from the following modes:
- Remote Turn-on: You can connect an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier. This is the preferred turn-on method.
- DC Offset Turn-on: The DC offset mode detects a 6-volt surge from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on. If remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice.
- Signal Sense Turn-on: This method detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns on the amp. This method will not work properly if the input gain control is not set properly.
Protection Circuitry: The ZX300.1's protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Optional ZX-Series End Caps: You can add the optional ZX-series amplifier end caps (2068ZXEC, sold separately) to this amplifier. These plastic end caps cover the wire terminals and controls located on the ends of the amp for a clean installation. When installed, the end caps add approximately 2-5/8" to the overall width of the amplifier.
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter, fixed at 80 Hz, can be switched on or off as needed. The filter has a slope of 24dB per octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 25 Hz, and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
KICKEQ Bass Boost: The ZX300.1's KICKEQ bass boost circuit provides a +12dB signal boost at 40Hz. The bass boost can be switched on or off as needed.
Remote Bass Level Control: The Remote Bass Level Control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from anywhere in the vehicle. When attached to the mounting bracket, the Remote Bass Level Control has the following dimensions: W=2.207", H=1.175", D=2.133" (including the knob). A 19' 9" cable is included for routing the remote bass level control signal to the front of the vehicle.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- Fuse: two 20-amp fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button (out=Low, in=High)
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks
- Remote Bass: RJ14 jack for use with supplied Remote Bass Level Control
- Gain: rotary control 0 to 11
- Bass Boost: 2-way push button (out=Off, in=On)
- Crossover: 2-way switch (Off, Low)
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using an 8-gauge amp wiring kit with this amplifier.