About the Kicker 08ZX400.1
If you're into cruising to great music, Kicker's powerhouse ZX Series amplifiers offer exceptional sound quality, along with distinctive, no-frills good looks.
The 08ZX400.1 mono subwoofer amp will drive your subs with up to 400 watts of power enough to give you the big bass sound you want. Kicker's ratings reflects a true measure of the amp's power capabilities no inflated "peak power" ratings here. Efficient heat sinks and rugged internal components ensure reliable operation and clean power output, even when you crank your system hard for long periods of time.
Switch on the built-in low-pass filter to send the bass notes to your subwoofer, and use the subsonic filter to remove the extreme low frequencies that hamper system efficiency. You can kick in more low-end bump with the bass boost, and the included wired remote control lets you turn on the boost from the driver's seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- selectable subsonic filter (24 dB at 25 Hz)
- wired remote bass level control
- Class D design
- CEA-2006 compliant
- speaker-level inputs (requires an optional adapter)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-1/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 08ZX4001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with one 40-amp fuse in chassis
- Spare 40-amp fuse
- Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 4 Large self-tapping screws
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- Allen wrench
- 19.75' Phone cable (has an RJ14 connector on each end)
- Warranty Registration card
- Certified Power certificate
Kicker 08ZX400.1 reviews
I ordered this along with my Polk Audio Db1212, and this thing pushes that sub! Great distortion free pure bass. Couldn't ask for anything better. I'm also in love with the remote knob it comes with and how it has the "0" option. Meaning if you need to, turn the knob to zero and bass cuts off. I have the gain about half way, and the knob at around the 3rd of 11 notches and it is truly a work of art. Only thing I'm not happy with (maybe it's just my setup) is I can't run my remote turn on from a rockford fosgate 150-2 amp to turn this kicker on. It has to be connected directly from the back of your head unit. But that's honestly the least of my worries. wish I could give more stars, it deserves 10 :p
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great amp for the price, the compact size is perfect for tight fitments. The 400watt kicker amp produces plenty of power to move the two 10" Kicker VR10's in my silverado. I would reccommend this amp to anyone especially for the wicked low price that crutchfield is able to provide you with.
1 of 1 found this helpful
i have this amp on 3 jl w6 10"s and it slams they are wired to a quarter ohm and as long as the sub output on my head unit is half way up it will not kick off or stop i love it
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great amp. I love to remote bass control so i can change it from my seat. It moves my 10" Kicker good. Looking back i wish i would have gone for the 750 model. When in doubt, more power!
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is a Great amp for its cost, I have a Kicker VR10 and with this amp it blows most 12 and some 15 inch subs, Gotta Love Kicker
1 of 2 found this helpful
This amp is not bad at all for the price. It is a 400watt @ 2ohm mono amp and i have it hooked up to a diamond 300watt RMS 15inch and a 2-farad tsunami capacitor and i must say, it kicks very hard! before i had the sub hooked up to a 250 RMS lightning audio 250 @ 2ohms bridged amp and it did not want to push this big sub, but with the kicker ZX400.1 amp it pounds out nice deep bass, now the problem is fixing all the new rattles in my car.
3 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the Kicker 08ZX400.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||77 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Uses RCA input|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX400.1's power and signal to noise ratio ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the output ratings of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The manual lists two signal to noise ratios:
- CEA 2006 compliant: 77 dB
- At rated Power: 95 dB
Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX400.1 has one pair of RCA inputs which will receive either high or low level signals from your car stereo. The unit has an input level switch that allows you to select a low- or high-level input. A low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs by attaching RCA plugs onto the speaker wire, and set the input level switch to "HI".
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes that can be selected on the end panel. You can select from the following modes:
- Remote Turn-on: You can connect an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier. This is the preferred turn-on method.
- DC Offset Turn-on: The DC offset mode detects a 6-volt surge from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on. If remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice.
- Signal Sense Turn-on: This method detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns on the amp. This method will not work properly if the input gain control is not set properly.
Protection Circuitry: The ZX400.1's protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Optional ZX-Series End Caps: You can add the optional ZX-series amplifier end caps (2068ZXEC, sold separately) to this amplifier. These plastic end caps cover the wire terminals and controls located on the ends of the amp for a clean installation. When installed, the end caps add approximately 2-5/8" to the overall width of the amplifier.
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter can be adjusted from 50 to 200 Hz, and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 25 Hz, and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
KICKEQ Bass Boost: The ZX400.1's KICKEQ bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz. The bass boost circuit is continually adjustable from 0 to 18dB.
Remote Bass Level Control: The Remote Bass Level Control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from anywhere in the vehicle. When attached to the mounting bracket, the Remote Bass Level Control has the following dimensions: W=2.207", H=1.175", D=2.133" (including the knob). A 19' 9" cable is included for routing the remote bass level control signal to the front of the vehicle.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- Fuse: one 40-amp fuse
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button (out=Low, in=High)
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks
- Remote Bass: RJ14 jack for use with supplied Remote Bass Level Control
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 4-gauge amp wiring kit with this amplifier.