About the Kicker 08ZX650.4
If you're into cruising to great music, Kicker's powerhouse ZX Series amplifiers offer exceptional sound quality, along with distinctive, no-frills good looks.
The versatile 08ZX650.4 4-channel amp will drive your front and rear speakers with 120 watts per channel plenty of power to get top performance out of your component or full-range speakers. Or, it can power a pair of subwoofers with 325 watts each in bridged mode. Kicker's ratings reflects a true measure of the amp's power capabilities no inflated "peak power" ratings here. Efficient heat sinks and rugged internal components ensure reliable operation and clean power output, even when you crank your system hard for long periods of time.
Use the bass boost control to add extra low-frequency thump to your system. The built-in variable frequency filters adjust the amp's output to get the most out of your speaker setup, whether you're running full-range speakers or subs.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 120 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (170 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 325 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz) with wired remote control
- top-mounted controls
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 19-15/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 08ZX6504
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier with two 40-amp fuses in chassis
- 2 Spare 40-amp fuses
- Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 4 Large self-tapping screws
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- Allen wrench
- 19.75' Phone cable (has an RJ14 connector on each end)
- Warranty Registration card
- Certified Power certificate
Kicker 08ZX650.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 08ZX650.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
120 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||170 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||325 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||91 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Uses RCA inputs|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX650.4's power and signal to noise ratio ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the output ratings of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The manual lists two signal to noise ratios:
- CEA 2006 compliant: 91 dB
- At rated Power: 95 dB
Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX650.4 has two pairs of RCA inputs which will receive either high or low level signals from your car stereo. The unit has an input level switch that allows you to select a low- or high-level input. A low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs by attaching RCA plugs onto the speaker wire, and set the input level switch to "HI". Note: Both inputs must receive the same type of input signals. The input level switch controls both sets of inputs.
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes that can be selected on the end panel. You can select from the following modes:
- Remote Turn-on: You can connect an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier. This is the preferred turn-on method.
- DC Offset Turn-on: The DC offset mode detects a 6-volt surge from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on. If remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice.
- Signal Sense Turn-on: This method detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns on the amp. This method will not work properly if the input gain control is not set properly.
Protection Circuitry: The ZX650.4's protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Optional ZX-Series End Caps: You can add the optional ZX-series amplifier end caps (2068ZXEC, sold separately) to this amplifier. These plastic end caps cover the wire terminals and controls located on the ends of the amp for a clean installation. When installed, the end caps add approximately 2-5/8" to the overall width of the amplifier.
Crossover: The ZX650.4 has two internal crossovers that can be independently set for high-pass or low-pass operation, or turned off for full-range operation. When engaged, the crossovers are continually variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The filters have a slope of 12dB per octave.
Fader Button: You can connect one or two pairs of input cables to the amplifier. If only one pair of inputs is available, the amp's Fader button allows you to feed signals to all four channels from the single input pair. In this case, the fader of the source unit will not affect the output of the amplifier. If two pairs of inputs are available, the amp's Fader button should be pushed in (Off Position), allowing you to use the fader of the source unit to control the front to rear volume of the amplifier.
KICKEQ Bass Boost: The ZX650.4's KICKEQ bass boost circuit provides a variable 0-18dB signal boost at 40Hz. You can independently apply bass boost to the front (Amp 1) and back channels (Amp 2).
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- Fuse: two 40-amp fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button (out=Low, in=High)
- Fader Button: 2-way push button (out=On, in=Off)
- Speaker Outputs: 4 pairs of gold-plated set screw terminals (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA Inputs: Two sets of gold-plated RCA input jacks (Amp 1 and Amp 2)
- Crossover: Two 3-way switches (Off, High, Low)
Amp Wiring Kit: It is recommended that a 4-gauge amp wiring kit with this amplifier.