About the Kicker 09TCVT82
Pickup truck owners swear by their vehicles, from sporty compacts to half-ton construction workhorses, but one thing a pickup doesn't provide is a good place to fit a subwoofer. Kicker developed the loaded CompVT enclosure to bring big bass performance to the tight spots in your truck.
Kicker's 09TCVT82 enclosure features a CompVT 8" shallow-mount subwoofer, which provides impressive bass response with its injection-molded polypropylene cone and ribbed Santoprene rubber surround. The sub's steel basket includes a perimeter venting system that cools the internal parts, so the CompVT will handle up to 200 watts RMS. And its 2-ohm impedance draws maximum power from your mono sub amp.
The sealed Kicker enclosure houses the sub in medium-density fiberboard, while its black carpet covering and emblazoned Kicker logo give the box style for miles. You'll be impressed by how much premium bass can come from an enclosure that measures just 5 inches deep.
- sealed truck-style enclosure with one 8" CompVT subwoofer
- 3/4" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-200 watts RMS (400 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 30-350 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- 16-3/8"W x 9-1/8"H x 5-1/16"D1 x 5-1/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 09TCVT82
What's in the box:
- Slim-line subwoofer enclosure with installed 8" woofer
- 4 mounting plates
- Four 1" mounting screws
- Eight 0.75" mounting screws
- Instruction guide
- 2 Yellow logo "KICKER" stickers
Kicker 09TCVT82 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 09TCVT82
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Frequency Response||30-350 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||200|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Enclosure: The Kicker 08TCVT82 subwoofer sealed-enclosure is specially designed to stand up to harsh automotive environments. The enclosure is made of advanced material and construction techniques to maintain optimal performance for years to come. The inside of the enclosure is computer-modeled and human fine-tuned to offer a high level of bass performance. The box is covered with durable black carpeting.
Mounting: The Kicker 08TCVT82 enclosure is made to fit behind the seat of a pickup truck, coupe or wherever space is limited and is engineered to provide the best bass response when firing into the back of the seat. The box comes supplied with 4 mounting plates to help secure it in place.
Wiring: The Kicker 08TCVT82 enclosure is internally wired for a 2 ohm load at the speaker-wire connection terminal. The enclosure's silver-plated, spring loaded, binding posts are located on the left-hand side of the box an can accept 12-gauge speaker wire.
Woofer: The Kicker 08TCVT82 enclosure uses a front-firing 8" CompVT subwoofer for loud, pounding bass.
- Cone: The cone is a modified spoke cone design which helps it fit in this very slim enclosure. The ultra high performance injection molded polypropylene cone remains rigid and minimizes cone flex, lowering harmonic distortion. Distortion in the cone is further reduced with 360° back bracing.
- Surround: The optimized ribbed Santoprene surround allows extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. The surround is stitched to the cone to add a mechanical fastener to the chemical adhesives. This prevents the cone and surround from separating in the harshest conditions.
- Basket and Motor Assembly: The high-strength steel basket features a low-profile open design, and provides a solid foundation for the precision-aligned motor assembly. Perimeter venting relieves pressure under the spider, supports a linear excursion, and helps dissipate heat from the voice coil and motor structure.
- Tinsel Leads: CVT subwoofers use Spiraled tinsel-lead technology, which allows the ideal amount of flex for better strength and durability. The tinsel lead wires are woven into the spider to relieve mechanical stress.
Break-in Period: Due to the complex nature of Kicker Comp VT speakers, they require a break-in period in order to produce optimum low-bass response. The high-performance suspension system makes the speaker very stiff out-of-the-box. Approximately 2 weeks of daily playing will allow the suspension to break-in and reach its optimum equilibrium. A broken-in subwoofer will exhibit stronger bass performance, smoother response, and greater low-bass extension.