About the Kicker 43CXA300.4
Power for your music
Power for your music
Want to give your sound system a big boost? Kicker's CXA300.4 4-channel amplifier will send 40 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers for a major upgrade in sound quality over the built-in amp in your car's radio. If you're looking to power a pair of small subwoofers or high-performance speakers, you can bridge the CXA300.4 to 2-channel mode to send each driver 150 watts RMS.
Tone controls for the best sound
Separate high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels help you sculpt the sound to get the most out of all your speakers. Variable bass boosts, also on both the front and rear channels, allow you to add some low-end punch when you're running subs.
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) keeps this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you can tap into your speaker wires for a signal without a worry. The CXA300.4 comes with hardware that lets you mount it vertically, so you can put it in a location that takes up very little floor space and looks cool too.
Kicker 43CXA300.4 inputs and controls
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required for speaker-level input)
- balanced differential inputs reduce noise and interference
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 40-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 40-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- dimensions: 12-3/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 43CXA3004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 2 Vertical mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws (3/4" length)
- Owner's Manual
- Certified Power certificate
Kicker 43CXA300.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 43CXA300.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
40 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: Kicker CX Series amplifiers can deliver plenty of power when you need it, utilizing high-grade internal components and an optimized circuit layout. This Class AB amp has highly efficient heat sinks to keep the amp running cool. You can mount the amplifier vertically, if desired, with the supplied mounting brackets.
Power Output: The CXA300.4 is a 4-channel amplifier designed to output 40 watts x 4 RMS at 4Ω stereo (<1% THD+N @ 14.4V), 75 watts x 4 RMS at 2Ω stereo, and 150 watts x 2 RMS at 4Ω bridged mono.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on the side of the amplifier:
- Input Gain Control: Independent rotary input Gain controls are provided for the front (Amp 1) and rear (Amp 2) channels. The controls let you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, then back the gain down slightly.
- Crossover: The amp has separate crossovers for the front and rear channels. A 3-way switch lets you choose High Pass, Low Pass, or off (no crossover). You can set a crossover frequency between 50Hz and 200Hz. The rotary controls can be adjusted with a small slotted screwdriver (not included).
- Input Level: The RCA inputs on the amplifier will accept a high-level or low-level input. Using the Input Level switch, you can select high level (button in) or low level (button out) input.
- Fader: The Fader switch turns on or off fader capability for the amplifier. If you are driving the amp with separate front and rear inputs, you should turn the fader on (button in). If you only have one pair of stereo inputs, you can drive all four amplifier channels with that input by turning off the Fader button (button out).
- KickEQ Bass Boost: The bass level can be increased between 0dB and +12dB via the rotary KickEQ Bass Boost control. The bass boost circuit is centered at 40Hz. The amp has separate bass boost controls for the front and rear.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two Auto Turn-on modes: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred auto turn-on method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a 6V DC offset is detected on the source unit's speaker outputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Connections: The CXA300.4 has screw-down terminals for power, ground, turn-on lead (REM), and speaker outputs. The openings for the wires are slotted, which will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors. The power and ground slots are 1/2" wide (for up to 8 gauge wire) and the REM and speaker slots are 5/16" in width (up to 10 gauge wire).
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 40A external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The CXA300.4 is capable of receiving either high- or low-level input signals, and you can select the input type on the end of the amp. Two pairs of female RCA jacks are provided on the end of the amp. If you are using a speaker-level source, you can use the optional Kicker KiSL speaker level to RCA adapter. The Input Sensitivity is 250mV-10.0V (High Level), while the Low Level Input Sensitivity is 125mV-5.0V.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked