About the Kicker DS6.2
You love listening to epic, soul-shaking tunes in your ride, but your factory speakers make every song sound like a 60's garage band. Replace those worn-out speakers with some Kicker DS Series models, and get the performance and reliability you deserve.
The DS6.2 component system features heavy-duty 6-1/2" polypropylene woofers, supported by heavy-duty polyester foam surrounds, that'll bring out the power and impact of your tunes.
Titanium 3/4" dome tweeters broadcast bright, sweet vocal and instrumental details, giving your music energy and ambiance. External crossovers send the high frequencies to the tweeters and lower frequencies to the woofers, so your music's in the proper harmonic balance. Hook these components up to an amp, and you'll hear new power and impact from your favorite tunes.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofers with polyester foam surrounds
- 3/4" titanium dome tweeters
- 2-way external crossover network (12 dB/octave, 4,000 Hz high- and low-pass)
- power range: 6-60 watts RMS (90 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- top-mount depth: 1-7/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11DS62
What's in the box:
- Two 6-1/2" Woofers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- Two 3/4" Tweeters (each with 3' Wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers (each with 34" Wires attached for input/ tweeter output/ midrange output)
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Tweeter flush mount rings (installed)
- 2 Tweeter front angle rings (installed)
- 2 Tweeter back angle rings (installed)
- 2 Short tweeter mounting nuts (installed)
- 2 Long tweeter mounting nuts
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Four 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- Two 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 4 Butt connectors
- Four 7-1/2" Zip ties
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Kicker DS6.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker DS6.2
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Polyester foam|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||35 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||6|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 7/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.44|
Polypropylene Woofer Cones: The Kicker DS-series speakers feature durable polypropylene woofer cones for power and control. Polypropylene woofers are also resistant to moisture and high temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Ribbed Polyester Foam Surrounds: The ribbed polyester foam surrounds allow extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters come with brackets to allow multiple mounting configurations; flush-mounted, angle-mounted, and surface-mounted (also at an angle):
|Mounting Depth||0.593"||0.5"||screw depth|
Crossovers: The component system includes passive 2-way crossover networks for a seamless transition between the woofers and tweeters. The slope is 12dB per octave (both high pass and low pass) and the crossover point is 4000 Hz. A switch on the side of each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output, 0 dB, +3 dB, or +6 dB. The crossovers' dimensions are:
- Length: 4.794"
- Width: 2.508"
- Height: 1.312"
The Kicker DS6.2 replaces these items