About the Kicker 45KMA600.1
Enjoy your bass while you're cruising
Enjoy your bass while you're cruising
A little power goes a long way in making your day out on the water more fun. Kicker's KMA600.1 marine subwoofer amplifier can power a sub with up to 600 watts RMS, so you'll hear your bass clearly over the sounds of the wind and waves, everywhere on your boat. A low-pass filter and a bass boost help sculpt the tone to match your sub. A fixed subsonic filter makes sure the amp doesn't waste energy amplifying notes no one can hear. The amp comes with a wired remote, so you can control the level of bass from the helm.
Shrugs off salt and water
Kicker knows how rough things can get at sea — they built this amp weather-tough, with marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections. That last one is a certification from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), so you know that these connectors are well-made and will work well for a long time, even in rough seas.
KMA600.1 input and control panel
- mono marine subwoofer amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- wired remote level control included (plus 19.5-foot cable)
- conformal-coated circuit board helps prevent corrosion
- marine-grade speaker terminals and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections
- preamp outputs
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required for speaker-level input)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 8-1/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 45KMA6001
What's in the box:
- Mono marine amplifier
- KMARC remote control
- 19.5' Remote cable (RJ-25 modular plugs on each end)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 3/8")
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 3/4")
- Owner's Manual
- Kicker Certified Power certificate
Kicker 45KMA600.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 45KMA600.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: Kicker KMA Series amplifiers combine a small footprint and sleek design with ample power to drive your speakers and subwoofers. The KMA amps are designed for marine applications, and include 316L stainless-steel mounting hardware, marine-grade speaker terminals, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power terminals to protect them from moisture. The amp also comes with a Remote Level control.
Marine Certified: The Kicker KMX Series amplifiers are made for marine applications. The power, ground, and remote terminals meet stringent standards set by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) and the ABYC (American Boat & Yacht Council) for protection from moisture and corrosion. The internal circuit boards are conformal coated to protect them from water damage.
Power Output: The KMA600.1 is a mono block amplifier designed to power the subwoofers in your vessel. The amplifier provides the following power output:
- 300 watts x 1 RMS at 4Ω (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
- 600 watts x 1 RMS at 2Ω (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
KMARC: The amplifier includes the KMARC remote control that connects via the supplied 19.5' cable. The remote features a rotary dial to adjust the amplifier's output level from the cockpit or driver's seat. The RJ-25 jack on the amplifier is covered by a rubber plug if the remote is not connected.
Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic filter provides a cutoff point for lower frequencies that could potentially damage your speakers. These low frequencies may cause over-excursion in the drivers and waste amplifier power. The 25 Hz subsonic filter is always engaged, and has a 24dB/octave slope.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on the side of the amplifier. The controls include:
- Input Level: The RCA inputs on the amplifier are capable of receiving high or low-level input signals from your source unit. If using a high-level input, the Input Level button should be pressed in. Otherwise, the button should be left out.
- Gain Control: This rotary Gain Control lets you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, and then back the gain down slightly.
- Low-pass Crossover: The amp has a rotary control for setting the low-pass crossover between 50Hz and 200Hz. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- KickEQ Bass Boost: The KickEQ Bass Boost is variable between 0dB and 12dB, with a center frequency of 40Hz.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two Auto Turn-on modes: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred auto turn-on method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a 6V DC offset is detected on the source unit's speaker outputs, the amplifier automatically turns on. When DC Offset is used, the remote turn-on terminal will output +12V to turn on additional amplifiers, if needed.
Connections: The KMA600.1 has special set screw terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). These ABYC-compliant power and ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended), and the turn-on lead will accept up to 10 gauge (18-gauge is sufficient). The set screws can be loosened/tightened with the supplied Allen wrench. The speaker outputs are screw-down terminals, and capable of accepting up to 10-gauge speaker wire. Two sets of speaker terminals are provided, allowing you to connect multiple speakers. (The minimum allowed impedance is 2Ω.) Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided -- one pair for the input signal and another pair for the output signal. The RCA inputs will receive either high or low level signals from your source unit. If you are using a high level signal, you can connect the source unit's speaker wires to optional Kicker KiSL speaker-to-RCA adapters, or splice the speaker wires to a male RCA plug. The RCA outputs can be used to feed the audio signal to another amplifier, if desired.
External Fuse Required: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 7" (U.S.C.G. standard) of the battery. It is recommended that a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit and an 80A external fuse or circuit breaker be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit (such as the PK4 or CK4) is purchased with the amplifier.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.