About the Kicker KMC10
Big sound in a tight package
Big sound in a tight package
Kicker's KMC10 marine digital media receiver brings awesome sound to your boat, along with tons of functionality and the ability to expand your system into a dual-zone powerhouse. This marine-rated radio installs neatly into a standard gauge opening, and stands up to wind and water without a worry.
Fits neatly into your boat's control panel
Brains and beauty
The IPX6 waterproof control panel features a big 3-1/2" LCD color display with selectable day and night modes, so it's always easy to see what you're playing. In addition to AM/FM/Weather Band radio, the KMC10 has built-in Bluetooth® for streaming music, complete with onscreen artist, track, and title data.
A rear charging USB input lets you plug in your phone or a thumb drive to enjoy your digital music collection, and you can connect another audio source to the rear AUX input. Large, backlit buttons and an easy-to-grab rotary volume control make it easy to choose a source, even in choppy water.
Mega power, multi-zone control
The KMC10's powerful built-in amp will get the most out of your marine speakers. The receiver also features dual zone control, so you and your crew can enjoy a variety of sources at different volumes. You can crank up the tower speakers, switch radio stations on the deck, or change the source from Bluetooth to satellite radio with just the touch of a button. It's the kind of control every captain craves.
If you need even more control, you can add a KRC15 digital commander remote, or the PXiRCX remote (both sold separately).
Safer and smarter
It's easy to forget where all that party power comes from — until you realize you've spent the afternoon draining your boat's battery. The KMC10 monitors the health of your battery, so you'll know you have a low charge before you have no charge at all. And when you disconnect the KMC10 from the battery, it has the brains to remember custom source names, favorites and even radio presets.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver (no CD player)
- 3-1/2" LCD color display
- 25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels, 2-ohm stable
- Bluetooth® music streaming
- works with Apple® and Android® smartphones
- 3-band EQ
- AM/FM radio, plus built-in Weather-Band tuner
- 3-1/2" wired control panel meets IPX6 splash-proof standards
- highly legible LCD screen with day/night mode
- iPod® /iPhone® direct control via USB input
- inputs: rear USB and AUX inputs
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with Kicker PXIiRCX & KRC15 wired remote controls
- automatic low voltage sensor
- EPROM memory with two-wire power
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KMC10
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Owner's Manual
Kicker KMC10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker KMC10
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Full color|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
IPX6 Certified: The Kicker KMC10 Marine Media Center features IPX6 waterproof certification, so it can hold up in the marine environment and withstand powerful splashes of water out on the ocean or lake. During testing, water is projected at all angles through a 12.5mm nozzle at a flow rate of 100 liters/min at a pressure of 100 kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters
3.5" LCD Screen: The Kicker KMC10 Marine Media Center is equipped with a 3.5" LCD screen for source, station, and song/artist information.
- Day/Night Mode: The Day/Night feature allows you to change the color scheme from Day Mode to Night Mode. The unit is defaulted to auto switch when your boat's lights are turned on. In order for the unit to automatically switch between day and night modes, the orange illumination wire must be connected. You can also set the unit to stay in either Day mode or Night mode by rotating the knob and selecting the desired setting.
- Illumination & Dimmer: The Illumination feature allows you turn On or Off the blue LED border around the screen. The Dimmer allows you to adjust the brightness of the screen, buttons, and LED border. You can adjust the brightness from 0 to +10.
- Backgrounds: The Background feature allows you to choose from 4 different wallpapers for your screen
Non-Volatile Memory: Even if you disconnect the Media Center from the battery, all of your carefully chosen preferences stay intact. Custom source names, favorites and even radio presets are right where (and how) you left them.
Low Battery Alert: The KMC10 preserves your battery power by automatically monitoring the health of your battery's voltage. If the juice gets low, the KMC10 lets you know. If the unit drops below 10.5V, the unit will display a visual and audible alert warning that your batteries need charged.
AM/FM/Weather Radio: The Kicker KMC10 Marine Media Center features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. It also offers RDS and US or European tuning. It even features a Weather Band alert system.
- Favorites (Presets): The Favorites button will allow you to view and set your favorite stations from the following sources - FM, AM , or WX. 10 total favorites can be set.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can select between US and European tuning.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or other Bluetooth source device to the KMC10 Marine Media Center. The unit offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as displays song/artist information. You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth source devices with the KMC10, but only one can be used for playback at a time.
Note: This unit does not offer support for Bluetooth hands-free phone communication.
USB-A Port: The Kicker KMC10 Marine Media Center is fitted with a rear-panel USB-A port attached to the rear-chassis via a 12" cable. The USB-A port allows you to plug in your USB mass storage class device (like a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player) for playback of MP3/WMA (up to 320kbps) music files. The unit offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as displays song/artist information. If your USB MSC device can be charged via USB, the unit's USB (5V/0.5A) port will charge your device while connected.
Aux Input: The Kicker KMC10 is equipped with a rear-panel stereo RCA Aux input attached to rear-chassis via a 12" cable. The stereo RCA aux input allows you to connect an external audio device with a stereo RCA output. If you have a source device that has a 3.5mm output, then you will need a stereo RCA-to-minijack adapter (sold separately).
Optional Panel Mount Input Port: The Rockford Fosgate Punch PAUX (sold separately) is a panel-mounted input port that allows you to have easy access to the KMC10's USB and Auxiliary audio connections. This port is designed to extend these types of connections from the back of the media center to an easily accessible spot on your boat. This helps eliminate unsightly cables and provides a more secure connection for your mobile devices.
iPod/iPhone Compatible: The KMC10's USB port is also compatible with select Apple iPod & iPhone models. Plug in your compatible Lightning or 30-pin iPod/iPhone device using the cable that came with your Apple device or use any "Apple Certified" cable (sold separately). The unit supports playback of your music library and music apps on your Apple iPod/iPhone. The receiver offers Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track control, as well as displays song/artist information & album art. Your iPod/iPhone will also charge while connected to the unit's USB (5V/0.5A) port.
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Audio Section: The KMC10 is equipped with a built-in 50W (Peak) x 4-channel amplifier. It is also outfitted with front & rear preouts to connect an external marine amplifier. The unit offers Bass, Mid, & Treble control; as well as Balance & Fader.
Optional Wired Remote: The Kicker KRC15 wired remote controller (sold separately) lets you control the KMC10 from a remote location on your boat. The Kicker KRCEXT25 (sold separately) is a 25' extension cable that is required when installing the Kicker KRC15 marine wired remote control. Use the Kicker KRCY1 Y-Cable (sold separately) in conjunction with two KRCEXT25 extension cables (sold separately) to easily add dual KRC15 remotes to the Kicker KMC10 media center. You can even daisy chain KRCY1 Y-Cables together for multiple KRC15 remote applications; you will need a KRCEXT25 for each remote.
- Waterproof Design: The Kicker KRC15 wired remote controller features a waterproof design so it can hold up to harsh marine environment.
- Two-Line Backlit Display: The Kicker KRC15 is equipped with a two-line backlit display that indicates Source mode, Song/Station information, Volume level, Audio adjustments, and Menu settings.
- Rotary Dial &- Push-Button Controls: The KRC15 employs 3-way rotary dial and six push-buttons for control. The rotary dial can be used for Power on/off, Volume up/down, Audio adjustments. The push-buttons are labeled - Source, Favorites, Return, Play/Pause, Seek Forward, & Seek Backward.
- Mounting Options: The Kicker KRC15 wired remote controller requires a 0.625" (in diameter) mounting hole cut-out for the wired remote's attached 13" cable. The included bracket and mounting hardware secure the remote in place while a self-adhesive rubber gasket seals up the installation. The KRC15 measures 3.875" in diameter x 1.375" deep.
Mounting Options: The Kicker KMC10 can fit in a boat's 3" gauge opening. If your boat does not already have a 2.875" opening, the marine media center requires a round cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. Four screws (not included) are required to secure the unit to the bulkhead. The included self-adhesive gasket seals up the installation. Receiver dimensions:
- Chassis: 2.835" (diameter) x 3.275" (depth)
- Front-Panel: 5.535" (width) x 3.505" (height) x 1.395" (depth)
- Nose: 4.745" (width) x 3.355" (height) x 1.195" (depth)
- Trim-Ring: 5.575" (width) x 3.525" (height) x 0.645" (depth)
- Cutout: 2.875" (diameter) x 3.75" (depth)
- Screw Spacing: 5.0625" (width) x 2.0625" (height)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
13 questions already asked