About the Kicker KS5.2
You put some good bass in your car, but now your speakers just aren't hanging with your subs. Kicker designed their KS Series component speaker systems to deliver the performance you need to bring that "live music" experience to your ride.
The KS5.2 component system features heavy-duty 5-1/4" polypropylene woofers supported by Santoprene rubber surrounds. These speakers can handle high-level playback without straining, especially when they're powered by an outboard amplifier.
Titanium 1" dome tweeters broadcast plenty of high-frequency sparkle, so you'll hear all the sonic details that make your tunes exciting. External crossovers direct the right frequencies to the tweeters and woofers for optimized performance, so you'll hear detailed, natural sound. Power these components with a nice amp, and you'll hear how these quality component speakers make your music more immediate and real.
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- polypropylene woofers with Santoprene™ surrounds
- 1" titanium dome tweeters
- flush-, angled- and surface-mount cups
- 2-way external crossover network (12 dB/octave, 4,000 Hz high- and low-pass)
- power range: 6-65 watts RMS (130 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 38-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11KS52
What's in the box:
- Two 5-1/4" Woofers
- 2 Phase plugs (installed)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille mounting rings
- Two 6x8 Adapter brackets
- Two 1" Tweeters (each with 10" Wire attached)
- 2 Tweeter mounting posts
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount rings (tweeter)
- 2 Front angle rings (tweeter)
- 2 Back angle rings (tweeter)
- 2 Short mounting nuts (tweeter)
- 2 Long mounting nuts (tweeter)
- Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on one end and 0.187" + 0.110" female quick slides on the other)
- Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on both ends)
- Two 68" Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on both ends)
- Twelve 1" Self-tapping screws
- Four 1-3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- 16 Speed clips
- 4 Butt connectors
- Two 3-1/2" Zip ties
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Kicker KS5.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker KS5.2
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Santoprene Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||38 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||6|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||65|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||130|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.31|
Woofer Cones: The Kicker KS-series speakers feature durable Polypropylene woofer cones, resistant to the moisture and temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Santoprene Surrounds: The woofer surrounds are made of Santoprene rubber to allow extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. Santoprene is durable and resists moisture for a long life.
6x8 Adapter Bracket: For mounting flexibility, the woofer can be mounted in 6x8 applications using the supplied bracket.
Grilles: The KS5.2s come with graphite-colored, plastic, spoke-style speaker grilles.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters come with brackets to allow multiple mounting configurations; flush-mounted, angle-mounted, and surface-mounted:
|Mounting Depth||0.775"||0.631"||screw depth|
Coaxial Tweeter Mount: In addition to standard tweeter mounting options, an innovative tweeter mounting post lets you mount the tweeter directly to the center of the woofer, giving you a standard coaxial speaker. When the tweeter is attached to the woofer the mounting height increases to 0.935" (top mount) and the tweeter protrusion increases to 0.677" (bottom mount).
Crossovers: The component system includes passive 2-way crossover networks for a seamless transition between the woofers and tweeters. The slope is 12dB per octave (both high pass and low pass) and the crossover point is 4000 Hz. A switch on each crossover allows you to attenuate the tweeter output; 0 dB, -4.5 dB, or -9 dB. The crossovers' dimensions are:
- Length: 5.718"
- Width: 3.012"
- Height: 1.487"
The Kicker KS5.2 replaces these items
- 5-1/4" copolymer woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" carbon-injected polymer dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
- power range: 2-55 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
3 questions already asked