200W x 2 Car Amplifier
Item # 206KX8002 | MFR # KX800.2
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker KX800.2 by Crutchfield's Steven Johnson
Kicker's KX800.2 amplifier's got the muscle to handle all your car audio needs. Adjust the built-in crossover for low-frequency use, bridge the amp to mono operation, and drive a 4-ohm subwoofer (or a pair of 8-ohm) with 800 watts of raging power! Or run the amp in full-range stereo mode to a set of components for clean, ultra-high fidelity reproduction. If you need a little more pound to your sound, add up to 18 dB at 40 Hz with the built-in bass boost.
Whatever the application, advanced circuitry protects against overvoltage, reverse voltage and overheating, shutting down the amplifier before trouble starts. Speaker-level inputs simplify connection to a receiver without preamp outputs. A remote gain controller with a 20-foot cable enables you to set your amplifier's volume from your front seat.Details:
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 400 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 800 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- preamp outputs (pass full-range signal to another amp)
- high-pass/low-pass crossover (variable 50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- remote gain controller with 20-foot cable
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- requires 2-gauge power and ground leads and a 150-amp ANL fuse wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- three 40-amp fuses (see "Wiring Recommendations" under Detailed Info)
- unregulated Class A/B power supply offers a significant increase in power at 2 ohms
- 25-3/4"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- One 2-channel amplifier with three 40-amp fuses in chassis
- 4 Yellow (0.327" wide) crimp-on spade terminals
- 2 Red (0.47" wide) crimp-on spade terminals
- 1 Blue (0.283" wide) crimp-on spade terminal
- 3 Spare 40-amp blade-type fuses
- Molex harness for speaker-level connection
- Dash mounted remote bass control with mounting bracket and 2 self-tapping mounting screws
- 20' Remote bass control cable
- 4 Butt connectors
- Four 7/8" mounting screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Warranty Registration Card (return for free Kicker decal and wearables catalog)
- Certified Power certificate
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Cosmetics: The amplifier is black and it has a dark gray, removable metal shroud.
Amplifier Shroud: The amplifier has a metal shroud that must be removed before installation, allowing access to the amplifier's inputs and outputs. The shroud is held in place by four 5/8"-long hex screws (A 3mm Allen wrench is included). Once the amplifier is installed and all the connections are made, you can re-install the shroud to hide the connections on the amplifier, or leave the shroud off to save space. With the shroud removed, the amp has the following dimensions: 22.0625"W (23.0625" with RCAs) x 9.5"D x 2.275"H.
Kicker "Living Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that informs you of the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Speaker-level Inputs: High-level input connections are included to allow use with sources that do not have RCA preamp level outputs. There is a 12" long high-level input harness with a Molex plug included with the amplifier.
PAST RCA Line Outputs: PAST stands for Pre Amp Signal Transfer, which means that this amplifier has a set of full-range line outputs. The line outputs allow you to pass a preamp-level signal from this amplifier to another amplifier. This eliminates the need to use RCA splitter cords to distribute signals to two amplifiers. Note: Regardless of whether you use the RCA inputs or the speaker-level inputs on this amplifier, you will still be able to use the RCA outputs.
Built-in Variable Electronic Crossover: The built-in crossover allows you to select high-pass for satellite speakers, low-pass for subwoofers, or bypass for full range operation. The crossover frequency is variable from 50 to 200Hz.
SORT (Short circuit, Over-voltage, Reverse polarity, Thermal) Protection Circuitry: The SORT protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is hooked up correctly and SORT has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, SORT has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
KickBass Bass Boost: The KickBass bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz.
SAMS (Stereo And Mono Simultaneously): With a Tri-mode adapter (item # 127TM100), this amplifier can run satellite speakers and a sub at the same time.
Remote Bass Level Control: The dash-mounted remote unit allows you to adjust the output level of the amplifier. This can only be used when the amplifier's crossover switch is set to Lo-Pass. The control has the following dimensions: 2.199" W x 1.715" D (2.196" including the knob) x 1.186" H.
Top of Amplifier:
- KickBass Bass Boost Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the bass boost, centered at 40Hz, from 0 to +18dB
- Gain: rotary gain control that allows you to match the pre-amp output level of the head unit to the input level of the amplifier.
- Variable Crossover Frequency Control: allows you to adjust the crossover frequency from 50-200Hz
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Crossover Mode Switch: allows you to select "Hi Pass", "Lo Pass", or Off.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- 12+ (power): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.554" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.350" wide)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.554" wide)
- Fuse: three 40-amp fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Left Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.350" wide)
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks
- Right Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.350" wide)
- Remote Bass Level Input
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 840 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 420 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 295 watts x 2
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 800 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 400 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 200 watts x 2
Wiring Recommendations: This amplifier uses three 40-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (120-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. Kicker recommends 2 gauge wire for the power and ground connections. The separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 1 ANL wafer-style fuse holder capable of accepting 2 gauge wire
- One 150-amp ANL wafer fuse
- 2 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 2 gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cable
- Speaker wire
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 1 year parts and labor. If installed by an authorized dealer, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.