About the Kicker 42PXA2002
The wonder amp
Yes, ladies and gents, Kicker's 42PXA200.2 amp delivers up to 100 watts per channel, yet it's no bigger than a brick. That's right, it's astonishingly small, which means you can get creative and stash it in nearly any nook or cranny in your car. And at that size, why not install it on your motorcycle, ATV or boat? Kicker designed this 2-channel amp for you open-air easy riders, with a weather-resistant enclosure, no-rust mounting hardware, a single Molex plug for all wiring, noise-killing circuitry, and plenty of power to combat wind and road noise.
Power a pair
This amp will drive a set of 2-ohm powersports speakers with 50 watts per channel, so you'll have plenty of power to enjoy clear, solid sound in the open air. A switchable high-pass filter allows you to remove low bass from your speakers so they'll play louder and cleaner.
- 2-channel amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 1 ohm
- 50 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 25 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- switchable high-pass filter (60, 80, or 120 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- auto turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- 14- to 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended - wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 10A x 1
- 7-1/16 W x 1-9/16"H x 3-7/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 42PXA2002
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier
- 12" Input/Output harness
- In-line fuse holder on 14-gauge wire
- 10A ATO fuse (installed)
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Two 14-16 Gauge crimp-on ring terminals
- Two 11-7/8" plastic wire ties
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Ger/Fren)
Kicker 42PXA2002 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 42PXA2002
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
25 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||50 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Amplifier Class||Not Given|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||60, 80, or 120Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: PXA series amplifiers are designed for motorized vehicles with small battery/charging systems; Kicker's new Direct Amp Technology uses the vehicle's charging system as its power supply, offering 90-percent efficiency. Little ventilation is required and with its small footprint, the PXA200.2 can be installed in motorcycle saddle bags or fairings, glove compartments, or other small spaces.
Power Output: The PXA200.2 is a stereo amplifier designed to output 100 watts RMS x 2 channels at 1Ω (<1% THD+N), 50 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2Ω (< 1% THD+N), and 25 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4Ω.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier include a rotary gain control and four DIP switches. The DIP switches, located on the end of the amp under a rubber cover, can select the following:
- High Pass Crossover: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100 Hz, 120Hz or off, based on the configuration of two DIP switches
- Input Level: select high (speaker level) or low (line level)
- Auto Turn-on: select 12V (amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote wire in the harness) or DC (amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected from a speaker level source)
Input Signal: The PXA200.2 is capable of receiving either high- or low-level input signals, and you can select the input type on the end of the amp (DIP Switch #3). A pair of female RCA jacks is included on the supplied wiring harness. If you are using a speaker-level source, simply cut the RCA plugs off of the harness and splice the head unit's speaker wires onto the harness. If you prefer not cutting the RCA plugs off, use the optional Kicker KiSL speaker level to RCA adapter. The Input Sensitivity is 250mV-10.0V (High Level), while the Low Level Input Sensitivity is 125mV-5.0V.
Differential Audio: The differential audio circuit reduces the likelihood of picking up any engine noise, and helps lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).
Weather Resistant: The PXA Amps are weather-resistant, using a conformal-coated circuit board for protection against the elements. They also include no-rust stainless-steel mounting hardware.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked