About the Kicker 42PXA3004
The wonder amp
The wonder amp
Yes, ladies and gents, Kicker's 42PXA300.4 amp delivers up to 75 watts per channel, yet it's about the size of a brick. That's right, it's astonishingly small for an amp, which means you can get creative and stash it in nearly any nook or cranny in your car. And at that size, why not install it on your motorcycle, ATV or boat? Kicker designed this 4-channel amp for you open-air easy riders, with a weather-resistant enclosure, no-rust mounting hardware, a single Molex plug for all wiring, noise-killing circuitry, and plenty of power to combat wind and road noise.
The power of four
This amp will drive four 2-ohm powersports speakers with 75 watts per channel, so you'll have plenty of power to enjoy clear, solid sound in the open air. A switchable high-pass filter allows you to remove low bass from your speakers so they'll play louder and cleaner.
- 4-channel amplifier (selectable to work in any vehicle with a 12-volt charging system)
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohm (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohm)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- switchable high-pass filter (60, 80, or 120 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs as well as two auto turn-on modes (DC offset or 12-volt trigger)
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- 7-13/16"W x 1-9/16"H x 2-9/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 42PXA3004
What's in the box:
- Four-channel amplifier
- 12" Input harness (8-pin Molex plug on one end and 4 female RCAs on other end)
- 7" Speaker output/remote turn-on harness (10-pin Molex plug)
- In-line MAXI fuse holder on 8-gauge wire
- 40A MAXI blade fuse (installed)
- Power and ground terminal adapter
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Two 11-7/8" plastic wire ties
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Ger/Fren)
Kicker 42PXA3004 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 42PXA3004
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Amplifier Class||Not Given|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||60, 80, or 120Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness (cut RCAs)|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: PXA series amplifiers are designed for motorized vehicles with small battery/charging systems; Kicker's new Direct Amp Technology uses the vehicle's charging system as its power supply, offering 90-percent efficiency. Little ventilation is required and with its small footprint, the PXA300.4 can be installed in motorcycle saddle bags or fairings, glove compartments, or other small spaces.
Power Output: The PXA300.4 is a 4-channel amplifier designed to output 50 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4Ω (<1% THD+N), 75 watts RMS x 4 channels at 2Ω (< 1% THD+N), and 150 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4Ω bridged.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier include rotary gain controls for Channels 1&2 and 3&4, and 7 DIP switches. The DIP switches, located on the bottom of the amp under a rubber cover, can select the following:
- High Pass Crossover (Ch 1&2): 60Hz, 80Hz, 100 Hz, 120Hz or off, based on the configuration of two DIP switches
- High Pass Crossover (Ch 3&4): 60Hz, 80Hz, 100 Hz, 120Hz or off, based on the configuration of two DIP switches
- Fader: select On if running two sets of inputs, or Off if driving all channels with a single stereo input
- Input Level: select high (speaker level) or low (line level)
- Auto Turn-on: select 12V (amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote wire in the harness) or DC (amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected from a speaker level source)
Input Signal: The PXA300.4 is capable of receiving either high- or low-level input signals, and you can select the input type on the end of the amp (DIP Switch #6). Two pairs of female RCA jacks are included on the supplied input harness. If you are using a speaker-level source, you can simply cut the RCA plugs off of the harness and splice the head unit's speaker wires onto the harness. If you prefer not cutting the RCA plugs off, use the optional Kicker KiSL speaker level to RCA adapter. The Input Sensitivity is 250mV-10.0V (High Level), while the Low Level Input Sensitivity is 125mV-5.0V.
Power Wiring: The amp comes with a power and ground terminal adapter that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. Power and ground wire (8-gauge is recommended) can be inserted into the adapter and tightened with a flat or Phillips head screwdriver. The adapter then plugs directly into the amplifier. An in-line fuse holder with a 40A MAXI fuse is included with the amp. No other power or ground wiring is included.
Speaker Output/Turn-on Lead: The speaker output wires and the amp turn-on lead are located on the same plug-in harness. Four pairs of 16-gauge wire are provided to connect two pairs of speakers. If you are bridging the amplifier, a wiring guide is provided in the Owner's Manual for connecting a single pair of speakers. The blue turn-on lead should be connected to the amp remote wire on the aftermarket head unit's harness. If you are connecting the amp to a head unit via the speaker-level input, it is not necessary to connect the turn-on lead, as the amplifier with turn itself on when the amp detects a 6V DC signal on the input. You will need to select the proper Auto Turn-On on DIP switch #7 on the bottom of the amp.
Differential Audio: The differential audio circuit reduces the likelihood of picking up any engine noise, and helps lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).
Weather Resistant: The PXA Amps are weather-resistant, using a conformal-coated circuit board for protection against the elements. They also include no-rust stainless-steel mounting hardware.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked