About the Kicker ZX400.1
If you love bass, you'll love Kicker's ZX mono amplifiers. These high-end amps set the standard for powerful sound, with a distinctive look that'll make your installation stand apart from the crowd.
The ZX400.1 mono subwoofer amp will drive your subs with up to 400 watts of power. No inflated "peak power" ratings here you can trust that this amp's CEA-2006 compliant rating reflects a true measure of its capabilities. The efficient Class D design draws less current and produces less heat than traditional amps, for reliable operation that won't strain your car's electrical system.
The built-in variable low-pass filter adjusts the amp's output to get the most out of your subwoofer, while a subsonic filter removes the extreme low bass that hampers system efficiency. Use the bass boost control to dial in the exact amount of low-end bump you're looking for, then use the included wired bass level remote control to pump up the volume right from the driver's seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- subsonic filter (12 dB at 25 Hz)
- wired remote bass level control
- Class D design
- CEA-2006 compliant
- speaker-level inputs
- preamp inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-1/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 06ZX400.1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with one 40-amp fuse in chassis
- 1 Spare 40-amp fuse
- Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 4 Large self-tapping screws
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- 1 Allen wrench
- One 11" speaker-level input harness
- 19.5' Phone cable (has an RJ14 connector on each end)
- Warranty Registration card
- Certified Power certificate
Kicker ZX400.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker ZX400.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX400.1's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker "Living Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Speaker-level Input: The high-level input connection is included to allow use with sources that do not have RCA preamp level outputs. Only one type of input signal (speaker-level or line-level) should be used with this amplifier.
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter can be adjusted from 50 to 200 Hz, and has a slope of 24 dB per octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 25 Hz, and has a slope of 12 dB per octave.
KickEQ Bass Boost: The KickEQ bass boost circuit provides up to 18 dB signal boost at 40Hz.
Remote Bass Level Control: The Remote Bass Level Control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from anywhere in the vehicle. When attached to the mounting bracket, the Remote Bass Level Control has the following dimensions: W=2.204", H=1.171", D=2.253" (including the knob).
SORT (Short circuit, Over-voltage, Reverse polarity, Thermal) Protection Circuitry: The SORT protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and SORT has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, SORT has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- Fuse: one 40-amp fuse
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- Remote: RJ14 jack for use with supplied Remote Bass Level Control
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 4-gauge amp wiring kit with this amplifier.