About the Terk FM Edge
More signal, less noise
More signal, less noise
The FM Edge uses Terk's Dual Drive Amplifier circuitry, which minimizes noise in the FM signal with a 2-stage filter/amplifier. The amplification range is 0 to +36 dB, adjustable with a handy thumb wheel.
Reception sensitivity is enhanced with the newly developed Advanced Capture Circuitry, which helps lock onto signals in crowded areas, and also to improve reception for lower-powered signals.
The FM Edge's sleek good looks make it a stylish alternative to the clunky T-wire dipole antennas included with most receivers.
- power-on/amplifier strength LED
- thumb wheel amplifier adjustment
- 75-ohm "F"-type to 75-ohm bare wire adapter
- 75-ohm to 300-ohm adapter
- AC adapter
- 2-15/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- Amplified FM antenna (with attached 6' FM antenna cable terminating in a push-on "F" jack
- AC adapter with attached 6' cord (12VDC/200mA)
- 75 ohm F type-to-75 ohm bare wire adapter; Owner's manual
- Terk Antennas/Accessories brochure
- Addendum note
Terk FM Edge reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Terk FM Edge
Overview: This antenna is a convenient, stylish replacement for a normal FM dipole antenna supplied with most receivers. As with any indoor antenna, it will not function as well as and is not recommended for use as an outdoor FM antenna.
Dual-Drive Amplifier (DDA) Circuitry: Captures radio signals and minimizes noise in an FM signal with a two-stage amplifier before boosting broadcast frequencies for less noise.
Advanced Capture Circuitry (ACC): Enhances reception sensitivity which helps lock onto signals in crowded areas. It also helps improve reception of lower powered signals.
Controls: The only control is a black thumb wheel that is used to adjust FM amplification (from 0 to +29dB amplification). There is a red LED on the bottom front portion of the unit which glows more brightly as amplification is increased.
- "F"-Type: The antenna is fitted with an attached 6' antenna cable terminated by a push-on "F"-type connector.
- Bare Wire Adapter: The antenna also comes with a 75-ohm "F"-type to 75-ohm bare-wire adapter,
- AC Power: The AC adapter can either be left plugged in (constant power will not hurt the unit and there is little electrical consumption), or it can be powered to a receiver's switched AC output, if available.
- Frequency Range: FM 88-108MHz
- Reception Pattern: Omni-directional, 360°
- FM Amplifier Gain Range: 0 to +29 dB
- FM Output Impedance: 75-ohms (adaptable to 300 ohms with included adapter).
8 questions already asked