About the Terk SIR-Mini
For the strongest possible reception of SIRIUS broadcasts, you can count on Terk's SIR-Mini satellite radio antenna. It features a single micro-cable which connects to your single-input SIRIUS tuner. Dual-mode functionality ensures continuous reception by receiving signals from satellites and terrestrial repeaters.
With an extremely low profile (only 1/2" tall), the sturdy SIR-Mini antenna mounts to your vehicle's roof with its powerful magnetic base. The included 20.5' micro-coaxial cable can be routed under the rear window molding to the SIRIUS tuner.
Important Note: To receive the satellite radio signal, you must also have a SIRIUS tuner and a subscription to SIRIUS.
- designed for use with single input SIRIUS receivers (only one antenna connection)
- weather- and vibration-resistant
- dual mode reception
- attaches with magnetic base
- single 20.5' micro-coaxial cable
- dimensions: 2"W x 1/2"H x 2-3/8"D (7-15/16"D including removable "tail")
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SIRMINI
What's in the box:
- Magnetic Sirius Satellite Radio roof-mount antenna with a single connected 20.5' micro-cable
- 1 Self-adhesive antenna tail
- 1 Alcohol prep pad
- Installation Instructions
Terk SIR-Mini reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Terk SIR-Mini
Overview: The Terk SIR-Mini roof-mount satellite radio antenna is a low-profile, high-performance antenna designed specifically for SIRIUS Satellite Radio reception. It mounts to the roof with special magnets that provide years of worry-free performance. The magnetic mount also makes it removable, if necessary.
Dual Mode Functionality: The antenna receives signals from overhead satellites as well as terrestrial repeaters, ensuring you continuous reception.
Cable and Connector: The SIR-Mini antenna features a single 20.5' micro-cable--easier to route than dual-cable antennas. This micro-cable has a curry-colored FAKRA-type SMB connector on the end and plugs directly into single-input SIRIUS Satellite Radio receivers.
Note: For connections to dual-input SIRIUS receivers, the Terk SIR-SP dual-input splitter (item # 209SIRSP) is required.
Installation Tips: When selecting a location for the antenna, make sure the site meets the following conditions:
- The selected site must have a conductive surface area (e.g. a metal roof or trunk lid) of at least 2 square feet and be at least 5.5 inches (the length of the antenna's "tail") from the rear window molding.
- The antenna should always be mounted outside and on the highest location of the vehicle (roof/cab). It should never be mounted inside the passenger compartment.
- The antenna should be free of mechanical (outward opening moon roof) and line-of-sight obstructions, such as roof racks, luggage boxes, etc.
- Trunk mounting of the antenna is an alternative for hard- or soft-top convertibles with non-metallic rooftops.
System Requirements: In addition to this SIRIUS satellite radio antenna, it is necessary to have a SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver and a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio in order to receive SIRIUS Radio programming
The Terk SIR-Mini replaces these items