About the XM Direct XMD1000
The XM Direct universal tuner makes it easy to get XM Satellite Radio in your car. In conjunction with a brand-specific XM Direct Smart Digital Adapter, it's designed to be compatible with several receiver brands, including Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, and Panasonic.
To connect the XM Direct tuner to your compatible receiver, you'll also need to buy the adapter that matches your brand of receiver. Install the super-compact tuner and the adapter, and you're ready to receive the XM signal. XM Direct even includes the required XM antenna right in the box.
Once the XM Direct universal tuner is connected, you can use your in-dash receiver to select channels (by category or station number) and view station information (artist, album title, track title, channel number, or channel name) on its readout. (The information on your display may vary, depending on the receiver.)
You must have a subscription to XM in order to tune in the digital satellite radio signal. (Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories.)
- XM-certified universal XM tuner module
- roof-mount XM antenna with 19.75-ft. cable
- single-cable antenna connection
- connects to compatible receiver with a brand-specific adapter (not included)
- select channel name, channel number, artist, song title, or category name to appear on receiver's display
- channel scan/search
- channel presets
- dimensions: 4-1/2"W x 1-5/16"H x 5-1/8"D (tuner); 1-13/16"W x 11/16"H x 2-3/8"D (antenna)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XMD1000
What's in the box:
- Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (for satellite-ready car stereos)
- Magnetic antenna with attached 19.75' cable (terminating into an SMB connector)
- 4 Plastic wire ties
- Installation Guide
- XM101 Channel Guide
XM Direct XMD1000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct XMD1000
Overview: The Terk XMD1000 is a universal XM Satellite Radio tuner box that, along with an adapter, can be easily added to many brands of compatible "satellite-ready" aftermarket car stereo receivers. The tuner requires the installation of an "XMDirect" Smart digital adapter for the brand of stereo you own. Adapters are currently available for compatible Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Panasonic satellite-ready receivers. Note: Please check the compatibility list for each adapter to find out if your particular receiver is compatible.
Antenna: The XMD1000 includes an ultra-thin Micro Antenna with a 19-3/4' cable. The strong magnetic base securely attaches the antenna to the vehicle. Best reception is achieved with the antenna mounted on a metal surface of the vehicle roof in the center of an area with at least 12" x 12" of surface area, and a minimum of 6" from a window or sunroof. Antenna Dimensions: Width=1.769", Height=0.654", Depth=2.323".
Inputs and Outputs: The XMD1000 has only 3 connections:
- Antenna: SMB connector
- Controller/Head Unit: P13 connector (an 8-pin DIN connector), 12V DC, 500mA maximum
- Audio Output: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks (manual incorrectly states this is a 3.5mm mini-jack)
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences. A subscription to XM Satellite Radio is required in order to receive programming.
- Frequency: 2320 to 2332.5 MHz
- Bandwidth: 12.5 MHz